Phone holders, What are yall using?

I'm using the Peak Design powered mount (actually, two of them, one for the passenger too). Not cheap ($80), and you have to get matching cases for your phones ($30-40). The cases are very nice (have had them for about 18 months now, and they are still in perfect condition, very impressed with quality. The magnetic hold on the mounts is perfect. Much more secure than magnetic mounts I've used before. Does not move when off-roading, although I'm not doing any rock crawling or anything. I used some 90º angle USB-C adapters to make the cable runs as clean and direct as possible. One on the base of the driver's charger, and one on the plug end of the passenger one.

this is the best location for me - I don't like them up high on the dash, and the way this is setup, the only thing that's obstructed from driver's view is the driver's side temp dial... which I can easily just reach around and spin without seeing it (and temp shows up on screen anyway). A minor inconvenience, and I've been happy with it for 18 months. Nice to just drop your phones on and they start charging.

View attachment 137584

View attachment 137585

View attachment 137586

I have the same mount and agree - it's awesome. BTW, at least with an iPhone, you don't need a Peak Design case - just any case that is Magsafe compatible. I have an Otterbox case on mine that I picked up for about $30 on Amazon, and it works perfectly with the PD mount.

I went with Offroam phone mounts. Rock solid so far and puts the phone right where I like. Bullitpoint makes a great phone mount as well and has worked great in our Jeeps.

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 127
I ordered the Mob Armor MobNetic Maxx last night. I want a mount I can remove if/when I want and that looks clean and subtle.

Are you using the magnetic holder? If so any issues on rough terrain with it not holding?
Yes. The MagSafe non charging option. Only time I’ve ever had issues is on long washboard gravel roads. Normal everyday freeway and off-road driving I’ve never had it fall off.

I too am running the Course Motorsports Mount; magnetic MagSafe w/ charging on my iPhone 12 Pro (non-Max). I love it and wouldn't get anything else; the line-of-sight it provides is great and the convenience of just grabbing and replacing the phone without effort it amazing.

My truck sees nothing much more than gravel roads and nothing too extreme.

Mickey

I too am running the Course Motorsports Mount; magnetic MagSafe w/ charging on my iPhone 12 Pro (non-Max). I love it and wouldn't get anything else; the line-of-sight it provides is great and the convenience of just grabbing and replacing the phone without effort it amazing.

My truck sees nothing much more than gravel roads and nothing too extreme.

Mickey
Ditto.
Will be getting the course when my 24 arrives.
my current rig doesn’t see much extreme action either but never had any issues at the farm or everyday driving otherwise.
Very solid magnetic mount. Highly recommend.

Anyone use the OnX app on their phone and have it on a magnetic mount? I know there is some speculation that magnets interfere with the compass while in close proximity to certain bino/rangefinder packs using a magnetic closure, curious if anyone has run into this with a magnetic phone mount?

67 Designs (clamping style) with BuiltRight dash mount. I could have gotten a longer 67 Designs arm which would move it over about another 1in+.

View attachment 136826

This length looks perfect to me - maybe just the photo, but it looks longer than the one that normally comes with the 67 Designs kit. Is this the small or medium length arm?

67 designs arms and phone mounts on a Builtright mounting plate. So solid.

Trying to get my setup ordered while I'm not by my truck to measure arm lengths - did you go with the small length arm? I believe that's what 67 Designs includes with their packaged Super Duty kit.

Anyone use the OnX app on their phone and have it on a magnetic mount? I know there is some speculation that magnets interfere with the compass while in close proximity to certain bino/rangefinder packs using a magnetic closure, curious if anyone has run into this with a magnetic phone mount?

I only use OnX hand held

I do however use maps on the course Motorsport magnetic charger, no issues here.

This length looks perfect to me - maybe just the photo, but it looks longer than the one that normally comes with the 67 Designs kit. Is this the small or medium length arm?

Trying to get my setup ordered while I'm not by my truck to measure arm lengths - did you go with the small length arm? I believe that's what 67 Designs includes with their packaged Super Duty kit.

I am running 2x Mediums, on the "wings" of the builtright plate for driver & passenger phone holders. For most, passenger is a bit excessive but we are going to be full time in our rig starting in June.

For driver, I dont think I would want it any shorter than a medium as it would sit just too far away. For passenger, I would say this is even more so the case.

I ordered an additional ball for the center of the builtright mount, which will either be for Ipad, Garmin Inreach, or HAM/GMRS radio. In that case, the small will be preferred so that is does not protrude too far (if at all) past the truck's 12" display.

We have Builtright products for sale on our site if you are still in the market for such products.

I will also see if I still have a discount code for 67 Designs.

I am running 2x Mediums, on the "wings" of the builtright plate for driver & passenger phone holders. For most, passenger is a bit excessive but we are going to be full time in our rig starting in June.

For driver, I dont think I would want it any shorter than a medium as it would sit just too far away. For passenger, I would say this is even more so the case.

I ordered an additional ball for the center of the builtright mount, which will either be for Ipad, Garmin Inreach, or HAM/GMRS radio. In that case, the small will be preferred so that is does not protrude too far (if at all) past the truck's 12" display.

We have Builtright products for sale on our site if you are still in the market for such products.

I will also see if I still have a discount code for 67 Designs.

Thanks, medium it is! I already have the Builtright panel and Rokform phone mount, just need to buy the ball mount and arm.

Just ordered OffRoam for my tremor and the wifes Expedition Timberline. Customer service is great! They answered an email Sunday night and ship out the product right away. Looking forward to checking it out and using their products.

I'm also using an OFF ROAM. I used them in my Ram and now in the Tremor. It's a solid unit, easy to install and easy to move around.

I'm also using an OFF ROAM. I used them in my Ram and now in the Tremor. It's a solid unit, easy to install and easy to move around.
Can u view ur phone horizontally with it or just vertically?

you can totally do it horizontally...

Attachments

• tempImagevxxH48.png
    tempImagevxxH48.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImagep9hd5k.png
    tempImagep9hd5k.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Back