Bill

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
2022 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB
So I know we’ve already determined the 250 and 350 Diesel Tremors have the same suspension but different payload ratings. But, do we know or have an estimate of the difference between those rated payloads?

I’m not planning to load above my sticker, but it would be nice to know how much leeway I have when approaching the limits of my payload sticker vs what the truck is capable of (from a safety/payload rating from the 350).

So I know we’ve already determined the 250 and 350 Diesel Tremors have the same suspension but different payload ratings. But, do we know or have an estimate of the difference between those rated payloads?

I’m not planning to load above my sticker, but it would be nice to know how much leeway I have when approaching the limits of my payload sticker vs what the truck is capable of (from a safety/payload rating from the 350).
Based on page 13 of the towing guide, 350 diesel GVWR is 11,500 and the 250 diesel GVWR is 10,800 (assuming no derates for either and specifically for the Tremor package).

That puts the no de-rate difference at exactly 700 pounds. Obviously derates will mess with that difference accordingly.

I believe there is about an 800 pound difference average with the standard gvwr. My diesel 350 is 3300 pounds. So if had a similar equipped 250, I would have been at 2500 pounds.
My 250 is 2880 and my buddies similar setup 350 is 3350.

Based on page 13 of the towing guide, 350 diesel GVWR is 11,500 and the 250 diesel GVWR is 10,800 (assuming no derates for either and specifically for the Tremor package).

That puts the no de-rate difference at exactly 700 pounds. Obviously derates will mess with that difference accordingly.
This is what I was thinking. I was just off 100 pounds.

I thought they actually weighed the truck and then subtracted that from the GVWR to print the payload stickers.
No, the payload is a reasonably accurate estimate based on the selected options. Not all options are installed at the factory so they can’t get a final weight. Things like bed covers and locking lugs are installed at an offsite location or by the dealership.

OP: As stated above, the real payload difference between identically optioned trucks (250 vs 350) will be 800 lbs for diesel. Not 100% sure for gas but I think it’s the same difference just with different GVWRs.

I need to get mine on a scale to see if the winch is calculated into the payload sticker or not.
90% sure it isn’t since it’s dealer installed.

Here is from the receiver on my 6.7 Tremor, I am looking for the door sticker picture. There is a thread on it with lots of pictures of 6.7 Tremors and there are a few differences. I will try and find the thread for you.
IMG_6446.jpeg

Here is from the receiver on my 6.7 Tremor, I am looking for the door sticker picture. There is a thread on it with lots of pictures of 6.7 Tremors and there are a few differences. I will try and find the thread for you.
View attachment 29051
Just to clarify, that sticker only indicates what the hitch itself is rated for, not the truck as a whole.

https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tremor-payload.214/

Here is the thread on it. Lots of members photos of the door sticker payloads
Familiar with that thread, just wasn’t sure if we’d actually found like for like trucks and managed to figure out the difference. Sounds like it’s 700lbs. Even if it’s not exactly that, it’s close enough for my purposes of just wanting to know what my limits are.

I think the difference betwwen the 250 and 350 tremor is the side badges...tow capacity on the rear hitch is the same at 15k....axle is the same as well as the springs ....and it appears the shocks and lack of a rear sway bar is the same. I did not review the bed or gooseneck/5th wheel capacity but I think it is all limited to the tire sidewalls

I had a 2020 F250 6.7L Tremor and traded it in on a 2021 F350 6.7 Tremor. They're essentially the same, however the F350 has additional options that reduced the payload, such as a winch, PTO, and adaptive steering that reduced the payload by probably 200 pounds.

F250:

F250_Payload.jpg

F350:

F350_Payload.jpg

I'd say the earlier guess of 800 pounds is reasonable.

Back