Non-Stop DEF Burn While Towing?

Mongo

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Just finished a 900 mile round trip hauling the camper and I noticed my exhaust filter stayed at 0% during the haul. When through quite a bit of juice too, about a half tank of DEF fluid.
I averaged 12.1 mpg.

Now I’m home and back to routine driving, I’m still at 0% and waiting patiently to see the filter % increase.

That all makes sense. What kind of camper?
Forest River No Boundaries 19.3

1654206210668.jpeg

Just finished a 900 mile round trip hauling the camper and I noticed my exhaust filter stayed at 0% during the haul. When through quite a bit of juice too, about a half tank of DEF fluid.
I averaged 12.1 mpg.

Now I’m home and back to routine driving, I’m still at 0% and waiting patiently to see the filter % increase.
Under load the exhaust will be hot enough to keep the DPF from accumulating particulate, and thus the % won't change. DEF usage also increases with load, so this all makes sense.

Under load the exhaust will be hot enough to keep the DPF from accumulating particulate, and thus the % won't change. DEF usage also increases with load, so this all makes sense.
Excellent thank you. Glad it’s not something I have to worry about.

My F450 loved the Def sauce. With it's 4.30 gears the 6.7 was always in it's sweet spot, but lordy it liked to drink ..

Back