No Spill Systems

"No idea why websites continue to list two sizes (or the one wrong size) of drain plugs for the 6.7."

I can come up with any number of reasons but I try to be charitable on Tuesdays.

That German rig does look bomber, no pun intended.

Ordered the M14x1.5 Stahlbus with retainer cap today from their distributor's ebay store.

Just a heads up/warning: They ran my VIN (not built yet) and even went to the effort of ordering a drain plug from their local Ford dealer using my VIN to confirm the size. They got the plug from the dealer in a couple of hours. Guess what: the Ford dealer gave them an M12 plug which is NOT correct for the 6.7 diesel.

Even Rockauto lists the drain plug size wrong for some reason. No idea why websites continue to list two sizes (or the one wrong size) of drain plugs for the 6.7.

Maybe @RedZilla has more info on this than I can find.
The same problem occurs with the 7.3 thread size. Many sites call out the M14 thread for the 7.3. I bought that size the first go round and guess what, I had to get a set of thread gauges from work and sure enough, the 7.3 measured M12x1.75. Must be a right and left hand thing from Ford or something.

Last edited:
I highly recommend the Stahlbus based on the experience their distributor provided. How many would go to the effort of ordering a drain plug from their Ford dealer? That's top notch!

Here is their distributor's ebay store: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ss...id=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=Stahlbus&_sacat=0

@ccw If you order the kit with the retainer cap, you still get the original, non tethered cap, so two total! :D
Are there separate products that include the cap retainer vs not? Or do they all include them?

Reason I ask is the ones I'm looking at on their store make no mention of the retainer and the pictures don't show them.

Gotta put this on my list now, thank y’all for the info.

Had ordered a Fumoto from Amazon, had to return twice due to wrong part inside correct packaging (ordered long nipple version, but kept getting the very short nipple). Last time I returned it, wouldn’t give me the option to reorder so I just haven’t gotten around to buying another somewhere else.

Had never heard of the Stahlbus, but I’m liking the idea of the cap/backup so I’ll be ordering it now - life has a funny way of working things out sometimes…

I use a 5 gallon bucket from Harbor Freight. Fits just right under the truck. No spilling. Around $5 with a lid.
I hear you - this forum is bad that way, maybe I should pump the brakes and just keep doing what I’ve been doing (although my drain bucket was cheaper :giggle:).

As others have mentioned, this is really an easy truck to change oil on…

I use a 5 gallon bucket from Harbor Freight. Fits just right under the truck. No spilling. Around $5 with a lid.

I hear you - this forum is bad that way, maybe I should pump the brakes and just keep doing what I’ve been doing (although my drain bucket was cheaper :giggle:).

As others have mentioned, this is really an easy truck to change oil on…
For what it's worth, my main motivation is making it easier to change the oil through a skid plate and not wind up with a bunch of oil on top of the skid plate.

Without the skid plate I would be a lot less motivated to get one.

On the other hand...TOYS ARE FUN! 🤑

For what it's worth, my main motivation is making it easier to change the oil through a skid plate and not wind up with a bunch of oil on top of the skid plate.

Without the skid plate I would be a lot less motivated to get one.

On the other hand...TOYS ARE FUN! 🤑
Dang you, now I need to look for one for my UTV…

I’ve been lucky to this point, but sooner or later I’m gonna get oil up on the skid plate.

Are there separate products that include the cap retainer vs not? Or do they all include them?

Reason I ask is the ones I'm looking at on their store make no mention of the retainer and the pictures don't show them.
You gotta look for the ones that mention: 'with retainer cap', like the one I ordered in the image below:

I'm not sure if they have a kit with retainer cap for M12x1.75. Just message them if it's not listed on their page. I'm sure they can do it! I found one that was M12x1.50, but that's the wrong thread pitch.

I bet if you message them they will make a listing for you, since you get an extra cap without the chain as well. @ccw

zcZAspb.png

You gotta look for the ones that mention: 'with retainer cap', like the one I ordered in the image below:

I'm not sure if they have a kit with retainer cap for M12x1.75. Just message them if it's not listed on their page. I'm sure they can do it! I found one that was M12x1.50, but that's the wrong thread pitch.

I bet if you message them they will make a listing for you, since you get an extra cap without the chain as well. @ccw

zcZAspb.png
Thanks for the clarification! Messaged them and they stood up the correct listing right away: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124852592421

It's now on the way! And this forum has spent more of my money. :ROFLMAO:

That seller is one of the most communicative I've ever dealt with on ebay.
I have purchased almost nothing from Ebay, but I would believe it. They responded extremely quickly to my messages as well. Will update when I get a response about the title.

It arrived today!

QBsMddR.jpg

GtpTBv2.jpg

t8Wfr5K.jpg

Phad4sf.jpg

@ccw @RedZilla
Nice!! Looks great! They mentioned the torque spec via messages, but nice to see it included in the packaging. Now you just need the truck to arrive to put it on! :ROFLMAO:

Mine should arrive on Tuesday.

I have purchased almost nothing from Ebay, but I would believe it. They responded extremely quickly to my messages as well. Will update when I get a response about the title.
Update on this: while I surprisingly never heard back from them after letting them know about the title, checking the listing it appears they have corrected it to have only the one size.

Back