Newbie to Super Duty and to Tremor

TampaTremor

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Well, I have been lurking in the shadows for the past two months or so and fell into a Tremor today.

A little back story, I have owned a F150 for 3 years and love the truck but have been anticipating the Bronco since the 2004 concept. On 7/13 after about an hour of refreshing I secured a reservation for a Bronco. A few months go by and we visit Moab and got bit by the camping bug so we immediately purchased a large pop up camper upon returning home. I had zero knowledge on Payload, I thought as long as I was within the tow rating of the Bronco that I would be fine. Well that couldn't be farther from the truth based on everything I have learned over the past few months. In fact, after crossing the cat scales and doing some math stuff I learned that I was nearly exceeding my F150's payload.

I then started hunting for a Super Duty, I longed for a Tremor but honestly, was thinking I could do without and upgrade later.

As of Saturday I will have a F250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor with Black Appearance! I was going to order a F350 for the extra payload but I was worried by the 16 week quotes for the build plus the possibility of additional delays.

I look forward to learning more and becoming part of this awesome community!

Here is my current set up

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_174154.jpg
    IMG_20201022_174154.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 151
Congrats on the truck that’s going to tow way better you my for get it back there ?

Co
Well, I have been lurking in the shadows for the past two months or so and fell into a Tremor today.

A little back story, I have owned a F150 for 3 years and love the truck but have been anticipating the Bronco since the 2004 concept. On 7/13 after about an hour of refreshing I secured a reservation for a Bronco. A few months go by and we visit Moab and got bit by the camping bug so we immediately purchased a large pop up camper upon returning home. I had zero knowledge on Payload, I thought as long as I was within the tow rating of the Bronco that I would be fine. Well that couldn't be farther from the truth based on everything I have learned over the past few months. In fact, after crossing the cat scales and doing some math stuff I learned that I was nearly exceeding my F150's payload.

I then started hunting for a Super Duty, I longed for a Tremor but honestly, was thinking I could do without and upgrade later.

As of Saturday I will have a F250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor with Black Appearance! I was going to order a F350 for the extra payload but I was worried by the 16 week quotes for the build plus the possibility of additional delays.

Congrats on the new rig. I was in the same boat as you, having multiple F150's over the years, most recent was my 2019 Lariat that I used to pull our 7-7.5k TT. Had a 12.3k pull, so no problem and of course the trailer sales people say the same. We were maxed out at payload with just passengers, hitch and tongue weight and still had firewood and other crap to haul. Couldn't find the Tremor I wanted anywhere, so built it and waited the 3 months.

Nice truck. You have the same payload (alll running gear 100% same) as the f350 you were going to order. So you aren’t missing anything. Other then stickers

Nice truck. You have the same payload (alll running gear 100% same) as the f350 you were going to order. So you aren’t missing anything. Other then stickers
You are SOOOOO WRONG!

The sticker is what determines payload.

Dont be misleading this guy and telling him he has the same payload as the 350!!!!

Even if they do in fact share the parts, the sticker is what determines the payload of the truck!!!

NOTHING ELSE!!!

Congrats on the truck that’s going to tow way better you my for get it back there ?
That is certainly the plan! We are hoping to drive from Tampa to Moab in April, not feeling the camper behind me for 33 hours would be wonderful. I can certainly feel it behind the F150 today, not in a bad way but I know it is there for sure

You are SOOOOO WRONG!

The sticker is what determines payload.

Dont be misleading this guy and telling him he has the same payload as the 350!!!!

Even if they do in fact share the parts, the sticker is what determines the payload of the truck!!!

NOTHING ELSE!!!
I understand the statement or points for sure. Mentally it is nice to know that the components are there to, in theory, justify a higher payload but the payload of the F250 is noted in my case to be limited to a 10k GVWR so legally I am bound to the posted payload within my door jamb. However, when I load up my F150 and I am under my combined GCWR by only 90 pounds I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach the entire drive simply knowing I am pushing the limit. Now with the Tremor if I end up coming to 90 pounds under the GCWR (which at this point unless I obtain a much larger camper seems unlikely), I will feel a little more confident knowing the truck is able to handle it. I wouldn't knowingly push beyond the posted numbers.

Thanks again for the welcome. Honestly this community alone is enough justification for the Tremor package. The overall online community for Super Duty trucks is a little lacking but not here.

That is certainly the plan! We are hoping to drive from Tampa to Moab in April, not feeling the camper behind me for 33 hours would be wonderful. I can certainly feel it behind the F150 today, not in a bad way but I know it is there for sure
When in April? I’m going for TJFest the last week of April.

Hope you was able to get a PCO on your truck. The link was working earlier today

Welcome and nice set of Rotoforms on that 150. You don't see many of that wheel. Ours are black had them ceramic coated. I hate the 37s on the Raptor. going back to 35s.
IMG_3015.jpeg

Hope you was able to get a PCO on your truck. The link was working earlier today
I have tried left and right to obtain a PCO. Any tips such as what browser to use or maybe something to allow pop ups? I have tried from many devices. A PCO would certainly soften the blow as I am several thousand over the budget set my wife. I know you all get it lol

Welcome and nice set of Rotoforms on that 150. You don't see many of that wheel. Ours are black had them ceramic coated. I hate the 37s on the Raptor. going back to 35s. View attachment 13236
Nice looking truck! I love running the rotoforms, I have yet to see another set in person. In Florida lifted trucks are everywhere and most have 22 or 24 inch wheels, I loved going against the trend and putting on 17s.

I have tried left and right to obtain a PCO. Any tips such as what browser to use or maybe something to allow pop ups? I have tried from many devices. A PCO would certainly soften the blow as I am several thousand over the budget set my wife. I know you all get it lol
PM sent

Nice looking truck! I love running the rotoforms, I have yet to see another set in person. In Florida lifted trucks are everywhere and most have 22 or 24 inch wheels, I loved going against the trend and putting on 17s.
My daughter was living down ( Tampa area ) there and her boyfriend was a Rotoform dealer or some type of account where he could sell and put a mark up on them.
We have several other cars here in Wisconsin with Rotoform wheels.

Unfortunately she moved back to Wisconsin due the Rona when she lost her job down there.

That specific wheel is made for some very hard off road driving. Love the color on yours, I did not opt for the red center cap upgrade.
IMG_2934.jpeg

congrats on the tremor brother welcome to the club

My daughter was living down ( Tampa area ) there and her boyfriend was a Rotoform dealer or some type of account where he could sell and put a mark up on them.
We have several other cars here in Wisconsin with Rotoform wheels.

Unfortunately she moved back to Wisconsin due the Rona when she lost her job down there.

That specific wheel is made for some very hard off road driving. Love the color on yours, I did not opt for the red center cap upgrade. View attachment 13238
Those look great also!

I am going to miss the color scheme of my F150. I loved the black and bronze.

Back