New Truck - Dealer Called to Pickup Won’t Go Over 40MPH

Ahuntsman09

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
The saga continues, truck built 6/21, delivered 8/12 with damaged bumpers, bumpers fixed on 9/16, S&B 60 Ga Fuel Tank added from local authorized S&B dealer across street from dealer. Dealer called to come pickup the truck. When I got there it had just been detailed, as salesman walked me around the truck he said PDI went well I was excited is finally drive home my truck. Then the BUT … came out saying I don’t know what to say you have terrible luck with this truck as we can’t get the truck to go faster than 40mph. Dealer already added 75 miles on my new truck trying to figure it out and between driving it to auto body shop and local shops for bumpers and fuel tank.

Anyone ever heard of why it’s not going over 40mph? Instead of taking it home they said they’d have to pull it in the shop tomorrow and figure out what was going on.

6.7 diesel ultimate package F350. I sure hope I’m not buying a lemon.

• Wow
Reactions: Gus
Maybe stuck in transport mode?
I test drove first SD before ordering and couldn’t get it over 50 ish. Drove back to dealer and they unlocked it. Drove fine afterwards.

The saga continues, truck built 6/21, delivered 8/12 with damaged bumpers, bumpers fixed on 9/16, S&B 60 Ga Fuel Tank added from local authorized S&B dealer across street from dealer. Dealer called to come pickup the truck. When I got there it had just been detailed, as salesman walked me around the truck he said PDI went well I was excited is finally drive home my truck. Then the BUT … came out saying I don’t know what to say you have terrible luck with this truck as we can’t get the truck to go faster than 40mph. Dealer already added 75 miles on my new truck trying to figure it out and between driving it to auto body shop and local shops for bumpers and fuel tank.

Anyone ever heard of why it’s not going over 40mph? Instead of taking it home they said they’d have to pull it in the shop tomorrow and figure out what was going on.

6.7 diesel ultimate package F350. I sure hope I’m not buying a lemon.
The dealer should recognize transport mode. It is described in the manual. There's a procedure to put the truck in normal mode, I'm not able to describe it but again I believe it's detailed in the manual. At least you know they weren't racing it around.

PS- It should say transport mode on the dash screen if this is the case.

Last edited:
The dealer should recognize transport mode. It is described in the manual. There's a procedure to put the truck in normal mode, I'm not able to describe it but again I believe it's detailed in the manual. At least you know they weren't racing it around.

PS- It should say transport mode on the dash screen if this is the case.
Agreed and you were right these guys couldn’t even figure out how to get it out of transport mode.

I also noticed truck has a max speed of 95 is that normal for all, granted you don’t want to go that fast but strange it doesn’t even allow you to go over 95 if you wanted to.

I also noticed truck has a max speed of 95 is that normal for all, granted you don’t want to go that fast but strange it doesn’t even allow you to go over 95 if you wanted to.
That’s correct.

Back