New to me tremor. Dead within 100 miles. Yay me

Jackjam

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Kia
Picked this gem up an hour and a half ago. 2022 7.3 17500 miles. Drove fine on test drive and fine on the highway. Eventually came to a set of 5 or so red lights where I caught every one. Truck started jerking and shifting crazy on the first one and by the last one the wrench light and “see manual” and advanc-trac light came on then check engine light. 100 miles by me on it.

Called dealer and they said to take it to nearest dealer and they will fix it and ship it to us. Glad we drove 7 hours for this exciting experience. Wooo
7907B69C-42C9-4356-9D61-D5E211CDC0B1.jpeg

Sorry to hear that... Did you happen to pull any trouble codes? My first thought is the underhood fuse box water issue.

Sorry to hear that... Did you happen to pull any trouble codes? My first thought is the underhood fuse box water issue.
No I had a scanner in the other car but was too shocked to even think about scanning it. Didn’t expect to have issues after spending 76k.

Geez, wonder why it was traded in ..

Sorry you had this happen, hope they can find the fix quick.

I agree with Modman that it could be the water in fuse box issue. It throws random faults.

Sorry you had this happen, hope they can find the fix quick.

I agree with Modman that it could be the water in fuse box issue. It throws random faults.
Are dealers aware of the issues? Is there a common fix? They had washed the truck prior to me picking it up so the fuse box or leak from the cab light could be the culprit. The salesman said might need an o2 sensor when he looked at that screenshot.

Are dealers aware of the issues? Is there a common fix? They had washed the truck prior to me picking it up so the fuse box or leak from the cab light could be the culprit. The salesman said might need an o2 sensor when he looked at that screenshot.
They should be aware. I believe it requires the entire fuse box to replaced.

Not saying that can't be the problem but that TSB only applied to 2020MY. Some 2020's had a BJB with a lid that wasn't installed properly on, allowing water to enter.

76k for a used Gasser?

Depending on state you may have a grace period to return the vehicle. They may not tell you this until it's expired, may need to research this a bit today.

I checked and there isn’t one in Ohio. I am thinking that it has an ignition wire failed which caused the misfires and rich condition code. That led to the crazy shifting/acceleration. I was also only getting about 12 mpg at 65 in eco which I thought was low. Then my wife told me after that she thought she smelled a strong gas smell when she was following me.

All these seem to be symptoms of spark plug wire failure.

Last edited:
Hopefully a one and done issue.

I hope they have it figured out asap. Some good advice from posters above.

They had it towed back to their service dept yesterday and found that some hose was left loose on the intake that caused all the crazy readings. Not sure what they did but they said it’s fixed and they are having it shipped to my house. It will leave there tomorrow at 4am. I am out of town for work so my wife will park it in the garage and I’ll get to play with it this weekend. Pretty excited

They had it towed back to their service dept yesterday and found that some hose was left loose on the intake that caused all the crazy readings. Not sure what they did but they said it’s fixed and they are having it shipped to my house. It will leave there tomorrow at 4am. I am out of town for work so my wife will park it in the garage and I’ll get to play with it this weekend. Pretty excited
Crazy sh!t happens occasionally. Hope this is the last surprise for you and smooth sailing from here out. Share pics and more stories when you get to start enjoying it. 🍻

Back