UTEngineer

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F-250 Lariat 7.3L w/ Tremor & Blackout Packages
Current Ride #2
2017 Polaris General 4-Seater w/ Tailpipe Turbo
My 2019 Chevy Duramax had a pressure sensor fail during our RV vacation last week and put us in limp mode just outside Yellowstone Park. It was almost 100 miles to the closest GM dealer for this part. This is the second time our Duramax has done this to us having only 43k miles on the truck (first time it was a NOx sensor that failed). Wife said “get rid of this diesel for something more reliable”. My 2019 Duramax has a 4 inch differential drop drop lift kit, 35 inch tires, and a 4.56 axle ratio (6-speed automatic) … so I told the wife I would only switch if the other truck has 35 inch tires and the proper axle ratio to turn them. So I did some research and found a 2021 Ford F-250 with the Tremor package and the 7.3L gas motor w/ a 4.30 axle ratio. This specific Tremor is currently in transit to the dealer … so I put down a deposit to make sure it is mine. Should see it arrive in the next couple weeks. Exterior color is carbonized gray metallic, comes with the black appearance package, and also includes a black leather interior (fairly loaded Lariat). Anyway … look forward to learning from those on this forum.

Attachments

• 2EA93DD0-C6FB-47E1-8453-86E019E58661.jpeg
    2EA93DD0-C6FB-47E1-8453-86E019E58661.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Welcome, I’ve had mine for a little over a week, it’s a great truck so far.
Glad to hear you are liking your Tremor. My only reservation was the Goodyear DuraTrac tires. Honestly, our company has experienced some poor wear pattern issues with these tires … hoping that’s not the case with our trucks.

My 2019 Chevy Duramax had a pressure sensor fail during our RV vacation last week and put us in limp mode just outside Yellowstone Park. It was almost 100 miles to the closest GM dealer for this part. This is the second time our Duramax has done this to us having only 43k miles on the truck (first time it was a NOx sensor that failed). Wife said “get rid of this diesel for something more reliable”. My 2019 Duramax has a 4 inch differential drop drop lift kit, 35 inch tires, and a 4.56 axle ratio (6-speed automatic) … so I told the wife I would only switch if the other truck has 35 inch tires and the proper axle ratio to turn them. So I did some research and found a 2021 Ford F-250 with the Tremor package and the 7.3L gas motor w/ a 4.30 axle ratio. This specific Tremor is currently in transit to the dealer … so I put down a deposit to make sure it is mine. Should see it arrive in the next couple weeks. Exterior color is carbonized gray metallic, comes with the black appearance package, and also includes a black leather interior (fairly loaded Lariat). Anyway … look forward to learning from those on this forum.
Welcome to the forum @UTEngineer - Congrats! It would be great to hear a comparison between the two trucks once you have some driving time in the Tremor.

Welcome to the forum @UTEngineer - Congrats! It would be great to hear a comparison between the two trucks once you have some driving time in the Tremor.
Will make sure to write up an honest comparison between the Tremor & Duramax after a couple months in the Tremor. One thing I know I will miss is GM’s multimedia / touch screen radio … they did a good job on the functionality of their device.

Welcome to the party :cool: :cool: :cool:
I traded in my 2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ Duramax on my 6.7 Tremor 350.
The d max was a good truck to me. It did go into limp mode one time due to the def element. It really pissed me off. I was up north camping and the speed was limited to 55 mph and speed limit was 70. I got the finger from many even thought I was in the right lane. I got to the dealership on Monday AM and phase II of the limp mode kicked in 5 MPH max. :mad::mad::mad: The dealer initially told me $2,400 to repair it. I made a call to GM and it was a N/C repair. But sat in the shop for a week with no loaner car. I later got a letter from GM extending the warranty for an additional 10 years and 100,000 miles from that point. It was Transferable. So I gave that to the Ford dealer for the next owner. The Chevy held its value very well. BUT the Ford is better in every way plus its FUN!!!!!!!! Tremors are the best. You get it all. ??????
Enjoy your new Ford Tremor!!!!!

Welcome to the party :cool: :cool: :cool:
I traded in my 2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ Duramax on my 6.7 Tremor 350.
The d max was a good truck to me. It did go into limp mode one time due to the def element. It really pissed me off. I was up north camping and the speed was limited to 55 mph and speed limit was 70. I got the finger from many even thought I was in the right lane. I got to the dealership on Monday AM and phase II of the limp mode kicked in 5 MPH max. :mad::mad::mad: The dealer initially told me $2,400 to repair it. I made a call to GM and it was a N/C repair. But sat in the shop for a week with no loaner car. I later got a letter from GM extending the warranty for an additional 10 years and 100,000 miles from that point. It was Transferable. So I gave that to the Ford dealer for the next owner. The Chevy held its value very well. BUT the Ford is better in every way plus its FUN!!!!!!!! Tremors are the best. You get it all. ??????
Enjoy your new Ford Tremor!!!!!
Appreciate the candid response. Glad to hear you prefer your Tremor over your 2015 Duramax … hoping I feel the same way. I was shocked that they are giving me more than I paid for the Duramax brand new in September 2018. Crazy prices for 3/4 & 1-ton diesel trucks right now.

They offer your xplan, msrp, or over msrp?
Paying MSRP, no less / no more, since they are giving me what I want for my trade. It is pretty much a straight across trade. Got to drive my Duramax for 43k miles for $0 plus fuel & maintenance (will remove most accessories and resell them). Capitalizing on the crazy prices they are giving for HD diesel trucks right now.

Appreciate the candid response. Glad to hear you prefer your Tremor over your 2015 Duramax … hoping I feel the same way. I was shocked that they are giving me more than I paid for the Duramax brand new in September 2018. Crazy prices for 3/4 & 1-ton diesel trucks right now.
I got nice trade in allowance for my LTZ probably not like yours but I got my Tremor below invoice so its a lateral comparison. My Chevy did everything I asked but so does the Tremor and its more fun. Everything it does better. I did not stick any money into my Chevy minus oil changes. The Tremor on the other hand..... So many mods, but its all good!

Paying MSRP, no less / no more, since they are giving me what I want for my trade. It is pretty much a straight across trade. Got to drive my Duramax for 43k miles for $0 plus fuel & maintenance (will remove most accessories and resell them). Capitalizing on the crazy prices they are giving for HD diesel trucks right now.

I was able to get $3k off of MSRP, a very high value for my trade, and a lifetime powertrain warranty (yes, I've read the details of the warranty and it is legitimate) by shopping around a bit and not taking the first offer I was given.

That said, I had to order my Tremor and didn't get one that was already inbound as you seemingly have.

My build is through Tooele Motor Company. Ken Garff in WVC was one of the dealers I was working with before accepting the TMC offer.

Congrats on the new truck and welcome from a fellow Utahn. When is your delivery date supposed to be?

Delivery timeline is anytime within the next three weeks.

Good deal that you were able to swing a lifetime powertrain warranty.

But unfortunately that warranty would not do me much good … since I trade / upgrade my trucks every 5 years or so.

Thanks for the welcome aboard from a fellow Utah’n.

Last edited:
Back