Contingensea

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2024 F-250 Platinum Tremor
IMG_1702.jpeg
IMG_1703.jpeg
IMG_1705.jpeg
Hello to all from a new member. My name is Robert and I just took delivery of my 2024 F250 Platinum Tremor. I will attach some photos of my new rig if I am able to do so. Although I have owned several Super Duties and a 6.0L 4x4 Limited Excursion, this is my first Tremor. I am coming out of a 2019 F250 Platinum, and I absolutely love how this new truck drives and rides. It is truly amazing. I stumbled across the thread started by Tramper when researching 37" tires on the factory 18" wheels.

Although I leveled my last truck with Icon springs, Fox shocks, and a Carli adjustable track bar, I plan on not modifying the suspension on the Tremor. However, as mentioned above I am contemplating swapping out the factory Duratracs for properly specked 37" tires for the 8" wide factory Tremor wheels. I intended to reach out to Tramper to inquire whether he felt a change in the drive/ride on his 2023 gasser Tremor when he switched to the Toyo 37x12.5 AT3's. If anyone has any experience and wishes to chime in on how 37's have affected the ride of their 23/24 Tremor it would be greatly appreciated. My off roading is limited to dirt/mud roads when I hunt a handful of times per year. I regret to admit that the motive is more for appearance that function.

Lastly, its great to be on hear with you all and I thank the moderator for admitting me.

Welcome Robert! Glad to see a fellow Platinum member and not the normal pheasants that you'll probably run over...I mean into. Tramper is the leader of the Pheasants and will guide you as best as he can.

Also, nice to see some good weather in photos lately. The snow pics are killing me 🤪

Welcome!

View attachment 141252View attachment 141253View attachment 141254Hello to all from a new member. My name is Robert and I just took delivery of my 2024 F250 Platinum Tremor. I will attach some photos of my new rig if I am able to do so. Although I have owned several Super Duties and a 6.0L 4x4 Limited Excursion, this is my first Tremor. I am coming out of a 2019 F250 Platinum, and I absolutely love how this new truck drives and rides. It is truly amazing. I stumbled across the thread started by Tramper when researching 37" tires on the factory 18" wheels.

Although I leveled my last truck with Icon springs, Fox shocks, and a Carli adjustable track bar, I plan on not modifying the suspension on the Tremor. However, as mentioned above I am contemplating swapping out the factory Duratracs for properly specked 37" tires for the 8" wide factory Tremor wheels. I intended to reach out to Tramper to inquire whether he felt a change in the drive/ride on his 2023 gasser Tremor when he switched to the Toyo 37x12.5 AT3's. If anyone has any experience and wishes to chime in on how 37's have affected the ride of their 23/24 Tremor it would be greatly appreciated. My off roading is limited to dirt/mud roads when I hunt a handful of times per year. I regret to admit that the motive is more for appearance that function.

Lastly, its great to be on hear with you all and I thank the moderator for admitting me.
Do it. Runs great! I have about 4000 miles on the 37’s with no issues.

Welcome Robert! Glad to see a fellow Platinum member and not the normal pheasants that you'll probably run over...I mean into. Tramper is the leader of the Pheasants and will guide you as best as he can.

Also, nice to see some good weather in photos lately. The snow pics are killing me 🤪
Ahahaha.

37s fit the new gen fine on stock wheels due to redesigned radius arms

In my opinion changing from 35s to 37s which you can run at 40psi is a game changer. I ran stock duratracs at 50 psi and while the ride got significantly better than they come from factory at 60/75 for 23/24 model year, when you switch over to 37s that extra cushioning is felt immediately at 40psi.

If you ask me, i think it’s more important than the so called perceived suspension upgrades people make. They typically attribute the improved ride to their upgraded shocks and springs, but in reality since they do it all together it’s the 37s that make the difference im small bump compliance.

But you have to stick to AT tires which are softer to get that comfortable ride. All the so called hybrid tires such as nitto ridge grapplers and toyo rts use a hard compound that prolongs tread life at the expense of a stiffer less comfortable pavement ride. Avoid hybrids. Either get an AT tire or even a true MT tire that will wear faster but will result in a more comfortable ride.

With that said, i know Tramper said he cleared toyo at 37s on his 7.3 gasser. Mine rubbed slightly on passenger side sway bar at full lock. Everyone else i talked to also confirmed a slight rub on passenger side sway bar at full lock. I remedied the situation by shifting the sway bar toward the driver side and am rub free now at full lock either way. If you run into the issue and it bothers you let me know i’ll explain how i moved the sway bar.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
that extra cushioning is felt immediately at 40psi.

If you ask me, i think it’s more important than the so called perceived suspension upgrades people make
The only reason I can immediately think of for not doing the same on the OEM tire size is wear... Potentially. I haven't tried so it may be just fine. Even if you sacrifice a few extra miles of treadwear, doing this in lieu of suspension mods to achieve the same goal would most likely still be a cost benefit.

At 40psi each tire is still good for ~2500lbs from what I recall. I typically run 50psi but I've been thinking of going lower. Maybe I'll give 45psi a shot...

The only reason I can immediately think of for not doing the same on the OEM tire size is wear... Potentially. I haven't tried so it may be just fine. Even if you sacrifice a few extra miles of treadwear, doing this in lieu of suspension mods to achieve the same goal would most likely still be a cost benefit.

At 40psi each tire is still good for ~2500lbs from what I recall. I typically run 50psi but I've been thinking of going lower. Maybe I'll give 45psi a shot...

i tried duratracs at 45 psi and they felt just a little “squishy” to me. I felt more comfortable on a highway starting at 50psi cold.

This is toyo’s chart for various tires but it should be close enough to other manufacturers (i used it for my yokohamas g015s 35/12.5s)

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 35
In my opinion changing from 35s to 37s which you can run at 40psi is a game changer. I ran stock duratracs at 50 psi and while the ride got significantly better than they come from factory at 60/75 for 23/24 model year, when you switch over to 37s that extra cushioning is felt immediately at 40psi.

If you ask me, i think it’s more important than the so called perceived suspension upgrades people make. They typically attribute the improved ride to their upgraded shocks and springs, but in reality since they do it all together it’s the 37s that make the difference im small bump compliance.

But you have to stick to AT tires which are softer to get that comfortable ride. All the so called hybrid tires such as nitto ridge grapplers and toyo rts use a hard compound that prolongs tread life at the expense of a stiffer less comfortable pavement ride. Avoid hybrids. Either get an AT tire or even a true MT tire that will wear faster but will result in a more comfortable ride.

With that said, i know Tramper said he cleared toyo at 37s on his 7.3 gasser. Mine rubbed slightly on passenger side sway bar at full lock. Everyone else i talked to also confirmed a slight rub on passenger side sway bar at full lock. I remedied the situation by shifting the sway bar toward the driver side and am rub free now at full lock either way. If you run into the issue and it bothers you let me know i’ll explain how i moved the sway bar.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Big thanks to all for the welcome and all your thoughts. I would certainly say that Im almost entirely convinced to go with the 37's. I will keep you all posted, any any additional welcome wishes and/or input is certainly welcome!

I've got Recon grapplers 37x12.50r18 on a non-tremor. I have the slight passenger side sway bar rub previously mentioned. I might have to move it over like alpoba said, didn't know that was a thing. Looks great, better offroad traction, slight improvement on road ride, pretty substantial slow speed offroad ride improvement. I'd say there was the slightest increase in steering wheel feedback with the 37s but I jumped from 33's to 37s, you already have 35's so you might not notice much of anything. I added a single bilstein stabilizer but I wouldn't say it was nessesary. I'm hooked on 37's. 13k on these nittos now.
20230516_150632.jpg

I've got Recon grapplers 37x12.50r18 on a non-tremor. I have the slight passenger side sway bar rub previously mentioned. I might have to move it over like alpoba said, didn't know that was a thing. Looks great, better offroad traction, slight improvement on road ride, pretty substantial slow speed offroad ride improvement. I'd say there was the slightest increase in steering wheel feedback with the 37s but I jumped from 33's to 37s, you already have 35's so you might not notice much of anything. I added a single bilstein stabilizer but I wouldn't say it was nessesary. I'm hooked on 37's. 13k on these nittos now.
View attachment 141316
Beautiful truck, Rockshot. My '19 Platinum was Star White with black 20" Fuel wheels and it always looked like a million bucks. Your truck reminds me of it. Hopefully, I will not get the rub on the sway bar but if I do, I will certainly reach out to @Alpoba. I don't know enough about steering and suspension (although I know a lot more than the average lay person) whether shifting the sway bar affects any of the steering/suspension geometry of the truck.

Welcome to the forum. Very good name you have there. 😏

Back