New 35.6" Geolander MT

Put these on today.
Ordered them at discount. They are a Yokahama 315/70r18 Geolander M/T G003, which Yokahama calls a 35.6x12.4.
I've had these tires on other rigs and I consider them to be all around better than Toyo MT.
Discount will mount them on your stock rims.
I'm still apprehensive about going to the 37's, just not sure if I want that much size...
I'l see how these do after a couple weeks, and if I dont like them I'll just get the 37's, wheels, and a carli 2.5 BC.

View attachment 13352View attachment 13353View attachment 13354View attachment 13355
These have peeked my interest. Ever since switching to the Carli leveling coils up front and front mud flaps, my 37s rub almost all the time when turning, I like my wheels and -12 offset too much to change yet, so I'm debating on going down to a 35" tire instead. This sounds like the ticket, but I just can't stand excessive tire noise anymore. How bad is the noise really? Turn up the music loud, or still listen at the same volume?

So for you guys that put those wider tires on -
1. I would think that they would throw a lot rocks given how much they extend out past the fenders.
2. I wouldn't think mud flaps would do much to stop that.
3. I guess it wouldn't get you on the highway but the guy behind!

So for you guys that put those wider tires on -
1. I would think that they would throw a lot rocks given how much they extend out past the fenders.
2. I wouldn't think mud flaps would do much to stop that.
3. I guess it wouldn't get you on the highway but the guy behind!
1. The stock tires tuck in a lot. How much wider they stick is largely dependent on if you change the wheel and the offset. Stock wheels with 12.5” wide tires I would have no concern about any of the above.
2. Mud flaps will help regardless of how tight or far out they stick. The Tremor side steps help a lot more as well as compared to the powered side steps
3. The width of the tires makes much less of a difference than the tread of the tire, in terms of throwing up rocks. The stock tires are a pretty aggressive thread, which are similar to many aftermarket tires that folks are putting on.

These look great....could you take a picture looking down the side of the truck ? I'm interested in how much they stick out. I hate the tucked in look of the rear tire and rim in stock form

These have peeked my interest. Ever since switching to the Carli leveling coils up front and front mud flaps, my 37s rub almost all the time when turning, I like my wheels and -12 offset too much to change yet, so I'm debating on going down to a 35" tire instead. This sounds like the ticket, but I just can't stand excessive tire noise anymore. How bad is the noise really? Turn up the music loud, or still listen at the same volume?
Noise is completely tolerable. Honestly I think they're quieter than my old K02s.

These look great....could you take a picture looking down the side of the truck ? I'm interested in how much they stick out. I hate the tucked in look of the rear tire and rim in stock form
Good point, if they dont tuck in like factory it will save me the $$$ of aftermarket wheels! Do you have any pictures as RCnTexas said?

I had Yokohama tires on my '05 Tacoma. Replaced them at 60,000 miles (was mostly a long-distance highway runner) - still have the old set sitting under my deck because I never disposed of them (I'll go check them out to see which model they were). I thought they were the best all-season tire ever, great performance in ice/snow/rain and they weren't noisy on the road at all. I was thinking about getting the same series for my Tremor once I run-out the factory tires.

Good point, if they dont tuck in like factory it will save me the $$$ of aftermarket wheels! Do you have any pictures as RCnTexas said?
I'll try to get some profile pics. They're still tucked inside the fender a tad, but definitely wider than stock. I bought some 1/2" spacers (haven't put on yet) that I think will give me what I consider to be a perfect stance. I'm not really a fan of spacers, but 1/2" should be fine.

I really like the stock rims. I originally was planning to do carli and 37s on methods, but I decided to go 35.6 and fox shocks that maintain stock height.

Personally, I think it's a good looking setup.

20210219_110426.jpg

20210219_100536.jpg
20210219_102307.jpg
20210219_110459.jpg
20210219_102233.jpg
20210219_102258.jpg

Thanks very much for taking those pictures. Truck looks absolutely awesome, I agree the stock wheels are great looking, those tires are good looking beasts....LOL

Out of curiosity, did you look at the geolandar X-AT version yokohama has when you bought these? Your mudders look way more badazz, but the X-AT seems pretty nice. The closest size is a 305 70 18, that is a full 35 and just over 12” wide. Anyone run them?

Back