Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 Lariat Tremor 6.7L AMB
Current Ride #2
'03 FLHRCI
Has anyone done the Particulate Matter sensor recall that could post a picture of how it was mounted to the rear frame by the spare tire? I had mine installed and the tech just zip tied it to the frame. The dealer is an hour from me so I don't want to waste any time on them having them fix it. I'd rather do it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_9271.jpeg
    IMG_9271.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9272.jpeg
    IMG_9272.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 22
Where are you in VA?? I'd have to go get pics of mine if I'm right about the sensor you are asking about.

Where are you in VA?? I'd have to go get pics of mine if I'm right about the sensor you are asking about.
I live between Fort Belvoir and Mt. Vernon. It should be on the passenger side inside frame rail near the spare tire.

Hard for me to be 100% without dropping the tire. I'll give it another try later on. It looked like there was some mounting hardware.

There's lots of "automotive" hardware sold at Ace Hardware stores, as does Lowes. I got plenty stuff from those two places.

Hooah, I just want to see what I am supposed to me looking for. I can't find a schematic of the hardware, just the sensor and wires.

Hooah, I just want to see what I am supposed to me looking for. I can't find a schematic of the hardware, just the sensor and wires.

Doubt you will find anything it the parts books. I'd need to see for myself. If you got pics post them up.

The PM sensor itself is aft of the DPF, in the exhaust pipe. The PM sensor module is mounted to the frame In some way, I don't think factory uses a zip tie. Difficult to see with the spare installed.

Looking straight up between the spare and passenger frame rail the module can be seen. Mine looks to be mounted on some plastic barbed studs (not recall installed). I don't have the recall service procedure, but using a zip tie could be the method called for.

Last edited:
The PM sensor itself is aft of the DPF, in the exhaust pipe. The PM sensor module is mounted to the frame In some way, I don't think factory uses a zip tie. Difficult to see with the spare installed.

Looking straight up between the spare and passenger frame rail the module can be seen. Mine looks to be mounted on some plastic barbed studs (not recall installed). I don't have the recall service procedure, but using a zip tie could be the method called for.
It looks like there are holes in the frame rail to mount the module. Just trying to find out how it is supposed to be done. Thanks for the info.

It looks like there are holes in the frame rail to mount the module. Just trying to find out how it is supposed to be done. Thanks for the info.
Hey buddy, shoot us a pic of the way they mounted "zip tied" your sensor if you get time. I have switched out my exhaust to Banks so have spent a little time under there and might be able to lend a hand

Hey buddy, shoot us a pic of the way they mounted "zip tied" your sensor if you get time. I have switched out my exhaust to Banks so have spent a little time under there and might be able to lend a hand
Interesting. I had pics in post #1 and they are gone. Can you see these below?

Attachments

• IMG_9272.jpeg
    IMG_9272.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9271.jpeg
    IMG_9271.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 28
I had the sensor itself in the tail pipe replaced on my '23 when it failed at 9K miles. The module is mounted to the frame.

I had the sensor itself in the tail pipe replaced on my '23 when it failed at 9K miles. The module is mounted to the frame.
Mounted with what is what I need

Interesting. I had pics in post #1 and they are gone. Can you see these below?
Roger that.

Weird, I didn't see the pics until now. I will take a pic when I get off work and show you mine unless Bronco or someone else beats me to it.

Hijacking this thread to ask if I should even bother getting this recall done if the truck works fine? Seems like another thing to go bad.

Without dropping the tire, looks like there is a cover too.

Attachments

• 20240328_123555.jpg
    20240328_123555.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240328_123543.jpg
    20240328_123543.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240328_123423.jpg
    20240328_123423.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240328_123321.jpg
    20240328_123321.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240328_123406.jpg
    20240328_123406.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 20
A hour ride back to them....yea might not be worth it. I would give them a call or at least a bad review. Your dime...your choice.

Latest Discussions

Back