Need advice, delete related

SOTF or single HP tune? That is the question
The other question is, what TCU tune?
I didn’t delete my 6.7 but I did my L5P. To save some bucks and because I didn’t feel the need I just did the light tow tune. Good for all your driving needs and good bump in power 100hp 200tq
Also gained 3mpg

Wait am I reading you can delete and still pass smog checks?
If you do a ghost delete, which allows you to pass visual inspections, then yes.

Internally blocked off EGR, bored out DPF so everything looks stock from the outside, but functions as deleted.

My buddy did his 2019 and just passed his smog test here in AZ.

If you do a ghost delete, which allows you to pass visual inspections, then yes.

Internally blocked off EGR, bored out DPF so everything looks stock from the outside, but functions as deleted.

I am planning a full delete, small counties in TX don't do smog checks, and in 2025 state inspections are discontinued, so no worries. I've found my shop to do it, total confidence. They don't send off the ECM, they use a brand new one and their tech applies your desired tune. You then have your original ECM in case to want to revert. Clean and simple. Can't wait.

I wonder if it would pass here in CA. I'd love to do it but would hate to fail a smog check.

Maybe a dumb question (never owned a diesel truck), but other than probably some weight savings and wanting to have all the stock parts on hand if you were ever needed to (or were forced) to put it back to stock, why wouldnt you go "stealth" (i.e. hollow out and pipe the DPF, EGR block of plates, etc.) It seems like that would be the desired way to go, right?

Personally I would want my truck to look as stock as possible from an emissions perspective on the off chance someone wanted to get curious and look around under the truck. Even out in CA, where I live I'd say over half the diesel trucks I see are deleted (can tell just by the sound), normal PD/highway patrol wont have a way to smog your truck on the spot would they? So if it "looks" like everything is there, that'd get you out of most situations you'd find yourself in, right?

Maybe a dumb question (never owned a diesel truck), but other than probably some weight savings and wanting to have all the stock parts on hand if you were ever needed to (or were forced) to put it back to stock, why wouldnt you go "stealth" (i.e. hollow out and pipe the DPF, EGR block of plates, etc.) It seems like that would be the desired way to go, right?

Personally I would want my truck to look as stock as possible from an emissions perspective on the off chance someone wanted to get curious and look around under the truck. Even out in CA, where I live I'd say over half the diesel trucks I see are deleted (can tell just by the sound), normal PD/highway patrol wont have a way to smog your truck on the spot would they? So if it "looks" like everything is there, that'd get you out of most situations you'd find yourself in, right?
With my situation I'm not worried about detection, I want any part I don't need gone. Straight pipe to replace DPF, EGR gone, to clean up engine bay. No more def. My forever truck, therefore I want it to last forever.

With my situation I'm not worried about detection, I want any part I don't need gone. Straight pipe to replace DPF, EGR gone, to clean up engine bay. No more def. My forever truck, therefore I want it to last forever.
This is the best solution. I did it on my 12 at 82k with zero issues until 182k when I sold it.

Did you have it done?

I wonder if it would pass here in CA. I'd love to do it but would hate to fail a smog check.
I’d bet most of the smog limits are similar, but you could try to see what the limits/requirements are in CA vs AZ. I don’t know what they are here, but my buddy said his numbers were really good. Not sure what numbers those were, if it’s just opacity or whatever. But dig in and see what each state is looking at

Back