Looking to upgrade shocks.

BR549

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
No
Current Ride
2003 F150
Looking for suggestions for new shocks. I’d like a better ride and handling. Suggestions appreciated. Thoughts on the FOX 2.0 w/reservoirs. I’m not sure I’ll do a lift more than likely stay stock height

Upgrading to Fox 2.0 or 2.5 will definitely give you better ride and handling. We've got some adjustable and non adjustable ones on our site. I'd be happy to help you find what's right for you if you're interested, just shoot me a PM.

I have the Bilstein 5100 on two other vehicles and am really pleased with them. They're on a CJ and FJ so different vehicle weight but they take the offroad abuse really well.

I am happy with the Fox 2.0 on my Rubicon and plan to put a set on the Tremor after I get some more miles on it.
I originally was going to go with reservoir type shocks but I am not running that hard off road where it would be needed. They take up space too.

Also Looking, I like adjustable Fox Performance Elite or Factory Race 2.5’s similar to what’s on the Shelby Super Baja but can’t find part numbers. Anybody know about these coilovers/shocks. I get crickets from Fox or BDS.

Upgrading to Fox 2.0 or 2.5 will definitely give you better ride and handling. We've got some adjustable and non adjustable ones on our site. I'd be happy to help you find what's right for you if you're interested, just shoot me a PM.
Photos of 2.5 adjustable please. I am looking for performance elite or factory race.

Going to ask again. Anybody know the part numbers for the Fox Shocks on the Shelby Super Baja? BDS and Fox are non responsive when I messaged them.
CC62CC70-FF20-4F55-9538-7A8E44009995.jpeg

I am going to skip coilovers and go to Carli 3.5 coils and add a pack leafs after reading @BLACKCHERRY post. If not, I will go with King OEM Performance.

Going to ask again. Anybody know the part numbers for the Fox Shocks on the Shelby Super Baja? BDS and Fox are non responsive when I messaged them. View attachment 51447
I am going to skip coilovers and go to Carli 3.5 coils and add a pack leafs after reading @BLACKCHERRY post. If not, I will go with King OEM Performance.
They look to just be fox 2.5's Factory Race Series.

883-24-044 for 2.5-3" Lift
883-24-045 for 4-6" Lift

Good luck finding them anywhere. The first place I normally look for custom tuned shocks is Accutune Offroad and they don't have them under their Ford section currently. I suspect supply chain issues are still reeking havoc on Fox and others.

You may want to look at the Falcon shocks. Overbuilt and nothing but great reviews.

Last edited:
Hey brother, what would you recommend for mostly road usage with some off road? 2.0 or 2.5 and at what cost?

Going to ask again. Anybody know the part numbers for the Fox Shocks on the Shelby Super Baja? BDS and Fox are non responsive when I messaged them. View attachment 51447

Only way to go! Won't be sorry with Carli! :ROFLMAO:

One Up Offroad also carries shocks, and they have really nice looking Billet Reservoir clamps and mounts that go between the coil and coil bucket.

For mainly road use I would go with the Carli Commuter system. As good a ride as you can get and great overall package. The Back Country system will offer you good on road and a bit better offroad performance, for a few $ more. Nice thing is you get a complete "system" all engineered to work together.

link: https://carlisuspension.com/product...s/2020-ford-f250-f350-4x4-diesel-3-5-systems/

Good luck finding the right set up for you!

Feel free to post that response here as well. I'm interested in understanding your recommendation.

We've been building these Super Duty trucks for years and I've noticed there's a tendency for folks to think that bigger, badder suspension is the way to go for the most comfort and honestly, it's just not the truth. Bigger suspension and bigger shocks are great for improved all-around performance, but if ride quality is of the utmost importance, then going with a hardcore suspension setup (ex. Icon Stage 5, Carli Pintop) is not going to be what you're wanting or happiest with.

If you keep the truck on-road, something like an Icon Stage 1 or 2 or Carli Commuter kit is going to be best. If you find yourself with a solid mix of an and off-road, then we can look at stepping up your suspension setup.

The key is figuring out how you use your truck to figure out exactly what you need. That's our specialty. We carry all the major brands, Icon, Carli, Fox, and more so I'd be happy to discuss with you your ideal suspension setup and get you dialed in. Feel free to send me a PM and we can find the exact setup that's right for you, your needs, and your budget.

For mainly road use I would go with the Carli Commuter system. As good a ride as you can get and great overall package. The Back Country system will offer you good on road and a bit better offroad performance, for a few $ more. Nice thing is you get a complete "system" all engineered to work together.

link: https://carlisuspension.com/product...s/2020-ford-f250-f350-4x4-diesel-3-5-systems/

Good luck finding the right set up for you!
I've been wondering if I were to keep the stock 35's and get the backcountry system would i need to get all the upgrades like torsion bar, stabilizer mount etc etc. Bc once you start adding that stuff in it gets real expensive real fast

I've been wondering if I were to keep the stock 35's and get the backcountry system would i need to get all the upgrades like torsion bar, stabilizer mount etc etc. Bc once you start adding that stuff in it gets real expensive real fast
You don't need to get any of those items. I would start with the Back Country kit, then add items down the road as needed. From a ride perspective I think the torsion sway bar would be the first add to make, as it does enhance the ride.

But if you got the kit and torsion down the road - it would be an awesome set up!

GLWD!

I would go with a steering stabilizer of some sort. The Torsion bar is 100% not required, but a definite nice to have and allows you to get as much articulation as you possibly can out of a solid axle truck. Next best thing to IFS, honestly. But, you can always add it later.

Our 2019 Super Duty is on an Icon Stage 5 2.5" kit and we upgraded it further with Carli Add-A-Leaf pack in the rear to remove the factory overload spring for a progressive spring back and Carli Torsion Sway Bar just to add some more comfort and articulation to the front end. But you can always add those other pieces later.

For the absolute best ride, I'd recommend adding the full Deaver leaf springs and the Torsion bar. Deaver will soften the rear, torsion bar will smooth out the front and limit motion transfer across the truck (ie. hitting a pothole on passenger side and not feeling it shake the whole truck like it does with a solid sway bar).

Back