Looking to better understand...

Super helpful, so basically if you've got the 11,500 GVWR on a 350 you've spec'd the thing as well as you can for towing (maybe short of the 5th wheel prep kit). Kept going back and looking on the Ford Build site thinking I was missing the option.
Yes you are setup as good as possible for a CCSB. With the CCLB you can get better up to 12,400 GVWR, but then you loose the Tremor option.

I grabbed an F350 Lariat Tremor with the 6.7 a couple of weeks ago for the same reason as you. I had a '19 Raptor, then a '20 Sierra AT4. I love the Tremor and with the 6.7 it tows like a dream. Mine has a payload of 3,342 so make sure you check the door sticker yourself. For some reason the dealer will tell you..."it's a Super Duty, best in class, it will tow anything!"

I grabbed an F350 Lariat Tremor with the 6.7 a couple of weeks ago for the same reason as you. I had a '19 Raptor, then a '20 Sierra AT4. I love the Tremor and with the 6.7 it tows like a dream. Mine has a payload of 3,342 so make sure you check the door sticker yourself. For some reason the dealer will tell you..."it's a Super Duty, best in class, it will tow anything!"
Welcome, looks to me you got a form of a white Tremor. Very nice!

Another Raptor convert! :)

Super helpful, so basically if you've got the 11,500 GVWR on a 350 you've spec'd the thing as well as you can for towing (maybe short of the 5th wheel prep kit). Kept going back and looking on the Ford Build site thinking I was missing the option.

Yep. I was going to order a new dually and then after looking more closely at the numbers, and from the help of these kind folks here, I've decided to go Tremor now instead. Just have a couple of more payments on the wife's Highlander and then it's on like Donkey Kong! I'm getting the F350 with the 11,500 GVWR and my 40' Fifthwheel loaded is around 13k. I'm expecting amazing results. Oh one other thing, (and folks correct me if I'm wrong), you automatically get the 11,500 if you upgrade to 3:55 gears with the 6.7.

Have a dealer ordering one today for me - F350, Iconic, Lariat Sport, Tremor, basically everything else but the sunroof (which I never use on my Raptor and tends to rattle). Time will tell how long and whether it may end up as a 2021

Yep. I was going to order a new dually and then after looking more closely at the numbers, and from the help of these kind folks here, I've decided to go Tremor now instead. Just have a couple of more payments on the wife's Highlander and then it's on like Donkey Kong! I'm getting the F350 with the 11,500 GVWR and my 40' Fifthwheel loaded is around 13k. I'm expecting amazing results. Oh one other thing, (and folks correct me if I'm wrong), you automatically get the 11,500 if you upgrade to 3:55 gears with the 6.7.
I am pretty sure you are correct. I also think the only gears available on the Tremor F-350 6.7L are the 3:55S just like the 7.3L F-350 Tremor only gets 4:30s.

I am pretty sure you are correct. I also think the only gears available on the Tremor F-350 6.7L are the 3:55S just like the 7.3L F-350 Tremor only gets 4:30s.
You are correct. You can go down to 3:31 without the Tremor package. Thanks for clarification. I was half right haha.

Have a dealer ordering one today for me - F350, Iconic, Lariat Sport, Tremor, basically everything else but the sunroof (which I never use on my Raptor and tends to rattle). Time will tell how long and whether it may end up as a 2021
Niiiiiccceee I'm between the Magnetic and Iconic. I'm also not doing the sunroof. I really thought I would want it but after having my wife's Highlander for a couple of years, I always end up closing it cause I don't like all the sun. She loves it but I don't care for it. She may talk me into it though...who knows.

Tremor > Raptor. There's a TON of converts here, myself included.

Welcome :)

I have a 2012 Raptor with the 6.2. Just re-built the entire suspension. Bought a Tremor too. Different trucks. One is not better imo. They are fun and capable for different reasons. Just depends on what you need it for.

C

difference in towing capabilities on the Tremor vs a non-Tremor 250/350.

Remember the Short Bed (SB) truck will have a lower payload rating whether Tremor/non-Tremor

There is a different rear axle between the F250 and F350 trucks. Applies regardless of Tremor package.
The "rated" towing or payload numbers will be better with the F350 Tremor or non-Tremor.
The non-Tremor F350 Long Bed (LB) will have the highest capacity for towing on a Single Rear Wheel (SRW) truck between the F250/F350 line up.

Tremor has some functional "upgrades" I would love to have in a Long Bed. I've driving a LB truck so long I can't see getting a SB truck...the Tremor has made me question myself..>LOL

If one had to stay away from an F350 truck I would seek out an F250 with either of the 2 packages Trailer Tow-High Capacity (535 or 53Q). While these add on an upgraded rear axle, I'm not sure it changes the "door sticker" payload numbers.

@HeavyAssault Im secretly wishing 2021 you can get a long bed.

Unfortunelty it will not be available in a long box due to Tremor being geared as an off road package and that wheelbase would become astronomically large. You can hope though haha

Traded in my 19' Raptor for a tremor about a month ago. The Raptor was fun, but with the lack of payload I couldn't tow hardly anything! Went with an F-250 and the 7.3L, almost 3K worth of payload! F-350s with the 6.7 are hovering around 3300lbs depending on options. The 7.3L in an F-350 will be around 3900lbs worth of payload. The F-250 with 7.3L is plenty for my needs and should allow us to upgrade our travel trailer within the next 1-2yrs without issue.

There is a different rear axle between the F250 and F350 trucks. Applies regardless of Tremor package.
Not exactly. Options determine rear axle not F250-F350. Below is a brief summary of what gets the different SRW axles.
Sterling axle
Any 6.2L regardless of axle ratio.
Non 4:30 gear ratio 7.3L
F250 non HCTTP 6.7L
Dana M275 axle
All 4:30 geared 7.3L
All F350 6.7L
F250 with HCTTP.
Springs can vary based on options but all Tremors appear to have the 5 leaf pack springs in the rear. There could possibly be different spring rates on a F250 vs F350 Tremor causing the difference in sticker load capacity or could just be a paper derate. I have not been able completely to verify if the 5 leaf pack on a F250 Tremor has the same spring rate as the 5 leaf pack F350 Tremor.

Okay. IF you were to order a base F250, then compare it to a base F350....the F350 WILL have a different rear axle.

IF you ordered a F250 with the Tremor package, then a F350 with the Tremor package .....The F350 will have a different rear axle.

IF you want the upgraded axle on the F250 YES>>>>>the obvious answer is to order another optional package.

The question was :
Looking to make sure I am clear on the difference in towing capabilities on the Tremor vs a non-Tremor 250/350.

Not to mention you missed my content:
If one had to stay away from an F350 truck I would seek out an F250 with either of the 2 packages Trailer Tow-High Capacity (535 or 53Q). While these add on an upgraded rear axle, I'm not sure it changes the "door sticker" payload numbers.

Okay. IF you were to order a base F250, then compare it to a base F350....the F350 WILL have a different rear axle.

IF you ordered a F250 with the Tremor package, then a F350 with the Tremor package .....The F350 will have a different rear axle.

IF you want the upgraded axle on the F250 YES>>>>>the obvious answer is to order another optional package.

The question was :

Not to mention you missed my content:
I was merely pointing out that F250 to F350 does not always mean a different axle. Since the 6.2L is the standard engine, using it as base all F250 and F350 SRW will get the same Sterling axle with 3.73 gears. Even moving to a 7.3L the Dana upgrade is tied to 4:30 gears not F250 vs F350. If the higher gears are considered base on a 7.3L they will both get the same Sterling axle with 3:55s gears in a F250 or 3:73 gears in a F350. Now with the 6.7L base options will get different axles in a F250 vs F350.

I is my under the understanding that all 6.7L Tremors get the Dana axle since the HCTTP is required on a F250 6.7L Tremor.
9DC2C724-C00E-4E75-B7D6-DE95A53616C0.png

Got ya....it's all about the options.

I is my under the understanding that all 6.7L Tremors get the Dana axle since the HCTTP is required on a F250 6.7L Tremor.
Even moving to a 7.3L the Dana upgrade is tied to 4:30 gears not F250 vs F350.

You can order a gas F250 7.3L Tremor.....No rear axle upgrade is included. You need one of the two trailer tow packages to get the real axle upgraded.

Where are you seeing that 4.30 gears drive a rear axle upgrade??????

You can order a gas F250 7.3L Tremor.....No rear axle upgrade is included. You need one of the two trailer tow packages to get the real axle upgraded.

Where are you seeing that 4.30 gears drive a rear axle upgrade??????
The 4:30s in the 7.3L cause the upgrade to the Dana in both F250 and F350 regardless of weather or not it is a Tremor. I really wrestled with getting a F250 or F350 7.3L Tremor. Looked at all the trucks I could to try and find what the extra cash for the F350 vs the F250 was. Ultimately found with the Tremor 7.3L 4:30 gears the difference was extra payload sticker.

Back