210tremor

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 7.3 Lariat Ultimate, BAP Tremor
Current Ride #2
2000 Honda Goldwing GL1500SE
I have a body armor bumper on order through 4 Wheel Drive parts and saw Body Armor has a 30" light bar on clearance for $94.99 seemed like a fair deal so I ordered it while still waiting on my bumper.
The light bar arrived looks great but as soon as i unpacked it i could hear rattling. I contacted Body Armor to see about a replacement and their reply is below. This really sucks because there is no way this piece of crap is going on my truck. I'm glad I didn't order the blacked out light bar, then i would have been out $200. I attached a copy of the video, Anything about this noise sound normal?
Best I can come up with is to install this on my golf cart, it will be more light than needed but will help when night driving on the beach.
I hate feeling like i was scammed and that's exactly how I'm feeling.

Eloy,
After speaking with our sales team and checking the 2 remaining units that we have in stock we have been informed and witnessed that the rattle is completely normal to the design of this lightbar and will not cause any functional issues. As this is a clearance item returns are not an option in this instance. We hope you enjoy your new lightbar for many years to come.
Best,
Body Armor 4X4 Service Team

Attachments

• VID20230720022841.mp4
    11.7 MB
That is not normal.

Final sale and no return. I'd open it up and start trying to tighten things up. You've got nothing to lose, especially at $94.99. Worst case, you can put another higher quality light bar in there if you can't get it sorted. But if it's not going on your truck as is, I'd start ripping into it and trying to fix it.

Can you tell what is rattling? Is it the lens/diffuser perhaps? Agree with @Nick@ApolloOptics I would be disassembling it and going on rattle patrol!

I would contest it with my credit card company - final sale doesn't mean they can send you defective products without noting issue. I know what good light bars cost and i wouldn't expect anything decent for $100; that said, a $12 light bar shouldn't sound like that.

Hopefully you don't run into problems with their bumper if that light is any indication of what to expect...

The rattle is from the reflectors. A few goops of clear silicone from the backside should solve it.

Can you tell what is rattling? Is it the lens/diffuser perhaps? Agree with @Nick@ApolloOptics I would be disassembling it and going on rattle patrol!
It definitely sounds like the led light diffusers.
That is not normal.

Final sale and no return. I'd open it up and start trying to tighten things up. You've got nothing to lose, especially at $94.99. Worst case, you can put another higher quality light bar in there if you can't get it sorted. But if it's not going on your truck as is, I'd start ripping into it and trying to fix it.
I didn't want to open it because I'm not sure what that will do to the waterproofing. Looks like I've got nothing to lose.
I would contest it with my credit card company - final sale doesn't mean they can send you defective products without noting issue. I know what good light bars cost and i wouldn't expect anything decent for $100; that said, a $12 light bar shouldn't sound like that.
I'll contact Visa to see what they say regarding the purchase before opening it. It would have really sucked to pay full price for this item.
30" LED LIGHT BAR COMBO BEAM WITH WIRE HARNESS
Sale price$94.99
Regular price$178.99
Strange this morning before I started exchanging emails with Body Armor the item was in stock. now they are out of stock. Either they pulled them or found 2 more victims. lol
Hopefully you don't run into problems with their bumper if that light is any indication of what to expect...
I hope not, but i was thinking the same thing. I already called and was told I have about a week to cancel that order still.

Not a company I would do business with. I concour, your not going to get much for 179 or 98. My front bar 30 inch was 1400.

Back