Level the 7.3L for 37"s

121x

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
I know Carli has a leveling kit available for the gasser. I am interested to learn based on experience from forum members, what other options exist to level the front of these gas tremor to accommodate 37" tires. Lots of options for the 6.7 but not so much for the gas trucks.

I am looking for a cost efficient option to level and install 37"s first to determine if I will be happy with the change before more than likely investing in the Commuter package. I do not want to spend for the levelling kit to throw components away. I realize you can purchase the various components but I am not sure how granular you can get in doing so.

I would be happy to purchase the Carli coil springs, but I assume they are sprung to work with the Carli provided shocks. Would a front coil spacer make the ride stiffer? Would taller shocks be required if taking that approach?

Looking for options.

Thanks

There's some relevant discussion in this thread:

I believe the cheapest option to level the truck, that a lot of members are running, is the PMF Leveling Kit:

I just recently had the Carli Pintop 2.5/3.5 installed on my 2022 7.3 and then switched to 37s at the same time. Not cheap by any means, but the ride is smooth and I need the additional clearance. Too many times in the past I tried to outsmart myself by buying cheap options and way too often I had to spent even more money to get things done right because buying cheap did end up being the wrong move. Decided to spent money on quality in this case and I am super happy I did.

Thanks for the replies. I took some time to read through the linked thread, hard to find a concise answer for the 7.3L. Lots of coil and spring options for the 6.7.

It appears the PMF spacer may achieve what I am looking for. What is the required size for the 7.3? the 1.5", 2" or 2.5"? Will this have any impact on the ride quality? Is this all I need for right now?

As mentioned previously I am really only looking for the ability to test 37"s before I commit to doing a full suspension kit, if I find it still desired after adding larger tires.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back