Level Kit for the Tremor

I level mine simply by attaching my toy hauler. Rake is an engineered function that allows the truck to level out while under load.

I learned my lesson on my last Super Duty. I regretted installing a leveling kit as soon as I put a heavy load on the rear axle. I ended up having to replace a blown rear shock and install airbags to get the rear of the truck back to level under load.

If your truck is a daily driver that allows you to choose form over function then level it. As I have aged I guess I find myself worrying more about function over form. My 2 cents.
I’m with you on functionality being more important than form.

That being said, I might level it and then when I get a travel trailer I’ll add airlift bags and an on board compressor with tank.

I had the Ready Lift 2.5” level kit #66-2726 installed. Leveled it perfectly. No issues. Factory ride retained as well as over bumps, ruts, potholes etc.. no issues. Ready Lift will tell you excludes Tremor model trucks but that’s because they simply haven’t obtained a Tremor to test the kit out on yet for R&D. (Not the best angle on photo but I assure its perfectly level on this gasser.

New to the forum and I love my 2020 Tremor but hate the rake are you still happy with your ready lift and if so was there any difficulty with the installation. I spoke with ready lift and they indicated to get this kit to fit you had to do some fabrication (that could very well be because as you stated they have not tested it on a Tremor). I have installed leveling kits before how long did this kit take you. Thanks.

New to the forum and I love my 2020 Tremor but hate the rake are you still happy with your ready lift and if so was there any difficulty with the installation. I spoke with ready lift and they indicated to get this kit to fit you had to do some fabrication (that could very well be because as you stated they have not tested it on a Tremor). I have installed leveling kits before how long did this kit take you. Thanks.
Any pictures of the leveling kit you installed I have 2021 tremor lariat and looking to leveling it next week

Perfectly level trucks (by the tape measure) always look to be a little nose high to me. Between that and towing trailers I still want my trucks to have a little rake. I lowered my rear 1.25”!because I didn’t want to go bigger than 35s.
how did you lower the rear 1.25", did you just swap out with a non tremor block? did you change out the shocks since you lowered it

My 350 had 3.25" blocks. Lowered them to 2" blocks.
I know this was a long time ago, and that's kind of the point. Have you had any issues with driveline or suspension after going to the shorter blocks to level the rear? Any regrets? Thanks, JL

2.5” wicked leveling kit and 37s, the wicked kit is more intricate to install than the ready lift as you have competely drop the front axel to install radius arm drops, Once you get that done and the axel back centered under the truck by fitting the right track bar shim not so bad. Drive like factory if not better and raised it up plenty high
Imo
IMG_2200.png

Last fall I ended up going with the rough country 3 inch level kit for tremor specific models. I'm very happy with it, tracks straight and has smoothed the ride out more than factory. That could be from the increased side wall in the 37s but I did also add bilsteins all around as my 2 rear tremor shocks were blown for a second time.

Attachments

• 20231001_143344.jpg
    20231001_143344.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231001_143324.jpg
    20231001_143324.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 42
Ordered the 2.3" level kit from Stage 3 Motorsports for my 2023 F150 Tremor. I am keeping the stock wheels/tires for now. Anyway, what would you find acceptable for quoted labor hours from a shop to do the install? TIA

Ordered the 2.3" level kit from Stage 3 Motorsports for my 2023 F150 Tremor. I am keeping the stock wheels/tires for now. Anyway, what would you find acceptable for quoted labor hours from a shop to do the install? TIA
For my 3 inch I paid 4 hours at the shops rate of 100$/hr cash. That also included the alignment. I paid cash so no sales tax.

Yeah, my local shop quoted me 6 hours, with alignment, at $100/hr. I thought that was a little out of line.

Yeah, my local shop quoted me 6 hours, with alignment, at $100/hr. I thought that was a little out of line.
I see you have an F150 so the install time may be a little longer due to the architecture of a independent front suspension vs the solid front axle of a superduty. I've owned a couple lifted 1/2 tons and there was definitely more parts and labor to install them. I know one 6 inch kit on a f150 i did with a friend for "fun" ended up taking almost a entire full weekend with a lift. Granted neither of us were professionals.

I see you have an F150 so the install time may be a little longer due to the architecture of a independent front suspension vs the solid front axle of a superduty. I've owned a couple lifted 1/2 tons and there was definitely more parts and labor to install them. I know one 6 inch kit on a f150 i did with a friend for "fun" ended up taking almost a entire full weekend with a lift. Granted neither of us were professionals.
Guy at Stage 3 said it shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes per side for a knowledgeable tech. I realize that's not what a shop will actually charge you for, but 3 hours per side is crazy, imo.

Guy at Stage 3 said it shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes per side for a knowledgeable tech. I realize that's not what a shop will actually charge you for, but 3 hours per side is crazy, imo.
Wow that's a he'll of a difference...I wish I lived close to any decent offroad shop. We have none close by in upstate NY. I see why you were questioning it then is it just spacers?

Wow that's a he'll of a difference...I wish I lived close to any decent offroad shop. We have none close by in upstate NY. I see why you were questioning it then is it just spacers?
Yes, just spacers.

Hey guys installed a 1.5 level kit this afternoon. Im now getting a thumping noise that wasnt there before. I ordered some shock extensions thinking the shock is topping out. Anyone else experienced this with just a 1.5?

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    539.9 KB · Views: 22
I am going to be doing the same thing, level kit on front only. The shop I spoke with said the front shocks need to be replaced with longer ones or the extensions must be used. Haven't done it yet, so I cannot help with any definitive info. Can you post some photo of what your truck looks like and state what kit you used? Thanks!

Hey guys installed a 1.5 level kit this afternoon. Im now getting a thumping noise that wasnt there before. I ordered some shock extensions thinking the shock is topping out. Anyone else experienced this with just a 1.5?
Assuming something just isn't torqued correctly I had a thumping noise on a 2017 I had lifted ended up being the track bar drop bracket wasn't torqued to the proper spec and allowed it to move making a thumping type noise

I know this was a long time ago, and that's kind of the point. Have you had any issues with driveline or suspension after going to the shorter blocks to level the rear? Any regrets? Thanks, JL
18k miles on mine. No problem.

what kit are you using? what all was changed?

Back