Just Ordered 2022 F250 Platinum Tremor - What To Expect?

You might want to consider dropping the liner and having one done locally after you take delivery. It is a known hold up point for production.

My platinum tremor was 7 months Order to Delivery. Worth the wait for sure.
Just talked to my dealer, they mentioned they can confirm what you’re saying about dropping the liner is correct. I went ahead and dropped the factory bed liner, and he said that will definitely speed things up! Thanks for the advice @mattdm

So pumped to upgrade from my current F150 to the F250. Went with 7.3 gasser, excited to upgrade exhaust, leveling kit, and possibly 37's???

What are build times looking like? Dealer told me 6-8 months, "but could be more or less".

Any advice comments are all welcome! I've been reading threads around here, and this looks like a pretty badass community!
Certainly not trying to get your hopes up but I custom ordered my 2022 F-250 Tremor on 8/30/21 and picked it up 12/10/21. Very happy with the turnover time and very happy with the truck. Just installed the Carli 2.5 Commuter Leveling kit and it looks awesome. Noticeable difference in ride quality, even with the 70lbs psi Wrangler tires still on. (Worth the hefty price tag in my opinion.) Looking at 37s in the near future. Hope your ride is here soon. Enjoy dropping that cash on accessorizing and making it your own.

Certainly not trying to get your hopes up but I custom ordered my 2022 F-250 Tremor on 8/30/21 and picked it up 12/10/21. Very happy with the turnover time and very happy with the truck. Just installed the Carli 2.5 Commuter Leveling kit and it looks awesome. Noticeable difference in ride quality, even with the 70lbs psi Wrangler tires still on. (Worth the hefty price tag in my opinion.) Looking at 37s in the near future. Hope your ride is here soon. Enjoy dropping that cash on accessorizing and making it your own.
Wow, that is fantastic turnover time, thank you for sharing! Great to hear about the Carli leveling kit, sounds like the most popular one on here. The cash on accessorizing...I konow! Haha

welcome!

I just joined yesterday haha.

As for wait times it seems to be all over the place for MY22. my 2020 Tremor was unbelievably easy to get (yay for little to no production issues lol), but my 2022 I ordered on Dec 12/21 sounds like it could take 6 to 8 months to get. my dealer is already telling me I might end up with a MY23 since production is so slow.

hope we both don't have to wait that long!

welcome!

I just joined yesterday haha.

As for wait times it seems to be all over the place for MY22. my 2020 Tremor was unbelievably easy to get (yay for little to no production issues lol), but my 2022 I ordered on Dec 12/21 sounds like it could take 6 to 8 months to get. my dealer is already telling me I might end up with a MY23 since production is so slow.

hope we both don't have to wait that long!
Welcome to you as well, lol. Yikes, I hope that we don't have to wait as long either!

Cheers to quick production!

Congrats on the order and hope it doesn't take too long!

Couple of thoughts on options since you can still change things:
  • Get the upfitter switches if you haven't already.
  • Get the carpet delete! :D Or at least assume that as the default and justify carpet to yourself before getting carpet. Remember that the vinyl floor is insulated and has sound deadening, so carpet doesn't provide much of a benefit in that regard.

Congrats on the order and hope it doesn't take too long!

Couple of thoughts on options since you can still change things:
  • Get the upfitter switches if you haven't already.
  • Get the carpet delete! :D Or at least assume that as the default and justify carpet to yourself before getting carpet. Remember that the vinyl floor is insulated and has sound deadening, so carpet doesn't provide much of a benefit in that regard.
I did get the Upfitter switches, seems like a no brainer at $165. That is so funny, I was contemplating the carpet delete. I mean the first thing I do is buy mats that cover all of the carpet anyway. The sound barrier I had not thought of!

I did get the Upfitter switches, seems like a no brainer at $165. That is so funny, I was contemplating the carpet delete. I mean the first thing I do is buy mats that cover all of the carpet anyway. The sound barrier I had not thought of!
Welcome to the forum!

I second the carpet delete. At the end of the day it is a truck and your boots are going to get it dirty. That and dog hair wipes out easy

Bingo on covering up the carpet anyways! At this point I don't think I want carpet in any vehicle, but particularly a truck.

The big downside in the past was the quality and the sound deadening. But the vinyl quality is pretty good and they've added the sound deadening so it's become a no brainer IMO.

Congrats and Welcome, what to expect? Be prepared for a long wait. The upside is you are ordering exactly what you want. And now you can order other accessories during the waiting period.

Congratulations and welcome aboard! I too upgraded from my current 05 F150 5.4 Lariat 4x4. When I got it I thought I was in a luxury liner. I was blown away with the changes in features and quality of my 21 F350 King Ranch Tremor 7.3. You will love the upgrades you will get with your Platy Tremor and the 7.3 10 speed is a fun engine and tranny to drive in the big trucks. Don't worry, it'll be here before you know it! 🍻 👊:cool:

I ordered my F350 on 01/23 so lets keep this going with the progress. I am in Orlando, and a lot seems to depend on your location and what dealer you've gone through a hair more than the options from what I've picked up. It will be my first diesel so if got a lot to learn, any sites or YouTube channels I should check out as I do all of my own maintenance. Trying to stay off the Facebook pages as I have never seen so many a-holes in one place LOL... My dealer quoted me 12-16 weeks but was clear there is no guarantee but I am in no rush...

F350 King Ranch Tremor Powerstroke two toned in the Antimatter Blue
Loaded from the winch to the deleted carpet, to the spray in liner to the goose neck/5th wheel prep, and carpet delete.

I ordered my F350 on 01/23 so lets keep this going with the progress. I am in Orlando, and a lot seems to depend on your location and what dealer you've gone through a hair more than the options from what I've picked up. It will be my first diesel so if got a lot to learn, any sites or YouTube channels I should check out as I do all of my own maintenance. Trying to stay off the Facebook pages as I have never seen so many a-holes in one place LOL... My dealer quoted me 12-16 weeks but was clear there is no guarantee but I am in no rush...

F350 King Ranch Tremor Powerstroke two toned in the Antimatter Blue
Loaded from the winch to the deleted carpet, to the spray in liner to the goose neck/5th wheel prep, and carpet delete.

I think that you have to be prepared for a 6 month wait. I was. I ordered on 8/24/21 and took delivery on 11/30/21. Just barely over 3 months, and I was really surprised by this. So was my dealer. He had trucks that were on order for 6-8 months longer than mine that he had not received. It’s just a combination of what parts your truck needs and what parts the plant has in stock.
I also think that the folks at the plant maybe just wanted to build a Race Red Tremor. There aren’t many of us out there.

I ordered the beginning of January. Frankly, it seems like an absolute crap shoot. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. No one knows and there does not seem to be much reason to when something gets built.

Rant over :)

Congrats and Welcome, what to expect? Be prepared for a long wait. The upside is you are ordering exactly what you want. And now you can order other accessories during the waiting period.
Thank you, glad to be here! The accessory purchases while I’m waiting is what worries me…haha

Congratulations and welcome aboard! I too upgraded from my current 05 F150 5.4 Lariat 4x4. When I got it I thought I was in a luxury liner. I was blown away with the changes in features and quality of my 21 F350 King Ranch Tremor 7.3. You will love the upgrades you will get with your Platy Tremor and the 7.3 10 speed is a fun engine and tranny to drive in the big trucks. Don't worry, it'll be here before you know it! 🍻 👊:cool:
Hearing replies like this get me even more excited! Thanks for being so welcoming, this is a great place to hang back while the wait ensues…

Hearing replies like this get me even more excited! Thanks for being so welcoming, this is a great place to hang back while the wait ensues…
i just ordered my F350 Lariat a few days ago, i have read many forums about deleting the spray in bed liner to speed up production. It is included in the black out version i ordered and wont let me remove the liner without changing the package i want...Any suggestions?

1643987072642.png

i just ordered my F350 Lariat a few days ago, i have read many forums about deleting the spray in bed liner to speed up production. It is included in the black out version i ordered and wont let me remove the liner without changing the package i want...Any suggestions?

View attachment 45810
I kept my black appearance package. Some folks will change to sport to get some color matching and not as much chrome. You can't remove the spray in bed liner without dropping the bap. It's non sense imo but that's the way Ford has it. Do you want it bad enough to wait?

That’s not the first time that I’ve heard that regarding the bedliner adding length of wait time. That is definitely something to consider since I just ordered.

Glad to hear that it was worth the wait, thanks Matt!
I agree with removing the Bed liner from the order. There were no delays with mine, however I didn't think the factory liner quality was up to par. Congrats on the order and welcome to the group. Now all you have to do is obsessively read this forum and start spending a LOT of money on parts for a truck that you don't have yet!

Back