Is 1k over invoice a decent price? Specs in thread

this may vary depending where you are but every truck that comes onto the lot here is gone within 24 hours. dealers are buying used trucks back more then they are worth to resell em even higher.
Definitely the case in Colorado.

Since I have a trade (2021 F150) I wanted to find a truck in stock. I was looking for a 7.3 Tremor and had a dealer in AZ call me saying he just had a dealer order delivered. His price was $5,000 over MSRP and low balled me on the trade, I said thanks but no thanks.
I called a local dealer who would order me a truck at MSRP but would not give me a price on my trade. I told him I understand the value would change in the months waiting for the new truck but could he give me a ballpark offer on my trade. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he could do, I never heard back from him…
Called another local dealer looking for below MSRP pricing on an special order. He said he could do $1,000 over invoice and to bring my trade in to be evaluated.
Drove the hour to the dealer yesterday and he offered $3,000 more for my trade than the AZ dealer and would lock it in if I didn’t put too many miles on the truck.
I thought I got a good deal and put in my order.

Since I have a trade (2021 F150) I wanted to find a truck in stock. I was looking for a 7.3 Tremor and had a dealer in AZ call me saying he just had a dealer order delivered. His price was $5,000 over MSRP and low balled me on the trade, I said thanks but no thanks.
I called a local dealer who would order me a truck at MSRP but would not give me a price on my trade. I told him I understand the value would change in the months waiting for the new truck but could he give me a ballpark offer on my trade. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he could do, I never heard back from him…
Called another local dealer looking for below MSRP pricing on an special order. He said he could do $1,000 over invoice and to bring my trade in to be evaluated.
Drove the hour to the dealer yesterday and he offered $3,000 more for my trade than the AZ dealer and would lock it in if I didn’t put too many miles on the truck.
Nice job shopping around. I have a '20 f150 lariat with 17k miles on it right now and hope to trade it for a fair price when I pick up my tremor. Hopefully I'll have good luck like you.

Hey, a fellow Lehi resident!

I called Tim Dahle Ford in Spanish Fork, who claims to "Match any Deal!", asking if they would do invoice..... yeah, not so much. They can kick rocks.

Have a buddy that owns a dealership in Kansas. He got me in just below invoice, the only rub is I have to go spend a weekend in KC eating BBQ, then drive it home.

I called Tim Dahle Ford in Spanish Fork, who claims to "Match any Deal!", asking if they would do invoice..... yeah, not so much. They can kick rocks.

Have a buddy that owns a dealership in Kansas. He got me in just below invoice, the only rub is I have to go spend a weekend in KC eating BBQ, then drive it home.
Oh man, no way. I wondered how soon until I came across someone local. Now we can race to see who gets their's first.
The dealers around here definitely can be a tough crowd, my first attempt was at Ken Garff AF.

Oh man, no way. I wondered how soon until I came across someone local. Now we can race to see who gets their's first.
The dealers around here definitely can be a tough crowd, my first attempt was at Ken Garff AF.
Well, mine has been ordered for 2.5 months now, so if you beat me, I'm going to be pissed!

Yeah, Ken Garff is not my favorite.... I prefer LHM, but they're not my favorite either.

What dealer?

Nick Anderson?

Well, mine has been ordered for 2.5 months now, so if you beat me, I'm going to be pissed!

Yeah, Ken Garff is not my favorite.... I prefer LHM, but they're not my favorite either.
Oh nice. Well I hope for your sake, that you beat me too. I had to replace my order so Im three weeks behind where I originally was. Its only been 2 weeks now since I got my order confirmation email. Id just be happy if I had my VIN.

Looks very very similar. Only differences are the diesel, no console vault, splash guards, winch, and worst of all: no marker lights.

And this one's about $10k more.
Oh nice. Glad to hear I won’t be the only one with 7.3 in the area. I saw 4 tremors this past Saturday and they all were 6.7.

7.3 is best for me though and that’s all.

I have a question on MSRP.. is that what's on the window sticker when you build and order a truck on the website? Roughly how much under that is invoice? I'm paying what the Ford website said when I built it and felt good because I got the dealership to say they would leave off the dealer prep expense. Seems like I cant get them to haggle with me.

I have a question on MSRP.. is that what's on the window sticker when you build and order a truck on the website? Roughly how much under that is invoice? I'm paying what the Ford website said when I built it and felt good because I got the dealership to say they would leave off the dealer prep expense. Seems like I cant get them to haggle with me.
Invoice is lower than msrp and x plan. The base price and packages are all priced lower. It’s **roughly** close to what the dealer buys it for and then they would sell it at msrp.

Dealer prep expense sounds like complete BS up-charge. Don’t let them convince you otherwise or try and tack on any other fees besides tax and title maybe.

If you're willing to drive to pick up, I would talk to Granger, he's a dealer on the forum. He'll give you 2% under invoice. If you're paying MSRP, that is quite a few thousand less than what you're paying. Just an option. Might be worth at least a conversation with him.

Back