Interior lights - gremlins

Mattlikesbikes

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 6.7 Lariat Tremor
Following a suggestion here on the forum. I put an outdoor residential wifi security camera in my truck. So when it is in my driveway I have motion alerts set midnight to 6am. Saturday morning at 3am I got a motion alert. Watched the video from inside the cab and then watched our larger security system videos and there was nothing outside the truck that triggered it, but at random the interior lights just came on for a second or two. Truck didn't unlock, nobody outside the truck, just the lights coming on then right off. Any ideas?

These same lights occasionally have a mind of their own. If I get home with the kids and one of them had their pass rear light on and I don't click it off, it becomes a mess to turn it off. You see which one is one once you lock the truck and walk away. walk back over, open, click off, close, lock and the light is still on. I've had this happen a few times. Only thing I can do to fix it is to sit in the truck, lock it and once all the other lights go off, click that one off, then get out of truck. Obviously these lights have multiple triggers, so no clue where to start.

New to Ford, so no idea how responsive they are to chasing down these kinds of things. Obviously I'll ignore the 3am light unless it keeps happening. But the kid light has happened a few times so may talk to the dealer.

What type of camera is it? Some outdoors cameras work different, such as Passive infrared, motion detection, software based, etc.

What type of camera is it? Some outdoors cameras work different, such as Passive infrared, motion detection, software based, etc.
I don't think the camera trigger was a fluke, the interior lights actually came on. I can see the cab interior light up from the camera system I have installed on the garage soffits.

Oh, snap. Yeah that's creepy if lights came on

Ever get an answer on what was doing this? My bed and mirror lights started doing this last night.

No other random lights on in the middle of the night, but seat lights staying on still occasionally happens. Kid has the routine down. I make him get back in truck, lock it, he turns off light, then I unlock and let him out.

Back