In the shop...strange issues

Yep mine is in the shop with electrical issues as well, just about a month so far and still no fix, had about 4500 miles on it. Plan to talk to the dealer tomorrow to start a buy back, I tried to be understanding and give it some time due to the fact that there is no inventory out there, but to me a month in the shop with no fix is pretty ridiculous.
You’ll need to call Ford customer service to begin the process. The dealership has no say really. They just provide Ford with the requested documents. Check your state lemon laws. Ford will give you options once you meet the lemon law guidelines, usually take 7-10 days for a decision. I’m in NY and it’s 3 attempts to repair the same issue OR more than 30 days total (not continuously) in the shop. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any info or help.

I purchased my F150 on 1/19, had it in the shop 1/24 for two weeks, and again 2 weeks later for over 40 days.

1. Getting a random short starts which means it begins to turn over, then stops, no faults thrown. Second attempt starts right up. Doesn't do it every time but several times per week.
2. Getting Anti Lock Break system communication module fault, Pre Collison System Fault, Hill Start Assist Fault....turn off truck all faults clear or reset. Again happens on on occasion several times per week.
4. Rear cabin lights stay on for no reason....resets after 30 minutes or so....Annoying as hell.
5. Cant select drive mode, i.e tow, at times...shut off and restart...all is good.

2021 F350 Tremor 45oo miles.....Love this truck but frustrated as hell....2nd Ford in a row with this type of issue....
Have you checked for paranormal activity?

You’ll need to call Ford customer service to begin the process. The dealership has no say really. They just provide Ford with the requested documents. Check your state lemon laws. Ford will give you options once you meet the lemon law guidelines, usually take 7-10 days for a decision. I’m in NY and it’s 3 attempts to repair the same issue OR more than 30 days total (not continuously) in the shop. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any info or help.

I purchased my F150 on 1/19, had it in the shop 1/24 for two weeks, and again 2 weeks later for over 40 days.
Thank you for the info, I’ll give Ford a call today as well as the dealer. I am in Texas and the dealer is New Mexico so do I go by New Mexico lemon law or Texas? My first time experiencing anything like this so trying to figure it all out.

Thank you for the info, I’ll give Ford a call today as well as the dealer. I am in Texas and the dealer is New Mexico so do I go by New Mexico lemon law or Texas? My first time experiencing anything like this so trying to figure it all out.
I assume, the registered state. Ford doesn’t really care who sold you the truck. I would call and verify that but I believe I am correct

UPDATE....Dealership called again, the think its the steering assist actuator in the steering column dragging down the voltage. Parts in tomorrow....Hopefully this is the root cause......

dealership just called....taking interior apart to chase the harness......Another week to 2.....They have for 15 days i am lemon law it and go buy a Dodge.....2nd Ford in a row that's crap! Pissed!
Yeah Fiat makes a hell of a truck :ROFLMAO:

kidding aside, I sympathize with the frustration. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

UPDATE....Dealership called again, the think its the steering assist actuator in the steering column dragging down the voltage. Parts in tomorrow....Hopefully this is the root cause......
Hope it gets it fixed for you. Talked with my dealer today, going to try replacing PCM, really don’t want to be looking for a new truck now, not much out there.

not the actuator...now looking at the BCM!

Sounds like guess work to me. I thought all these 'puters
were sposed to make life so much better and easier?

CANBUS failures are tough to diagnose. Sounds like swap-nostics to me (Swap a part and see if it fixes the problem).

Good luck.

I was at my dealer yesterday and talked to them about my truck, which the OPs truck sounds like it’s on the same track. As I understood it they are going through a flow chart to repair the vehicle, as the vehicle is doing x, replace part b, did that fix issue yes or no? If yes then done, if no then try replacing part c..... after a few try’s then Ford will actually respond with a person/engineer. They replace the BCM, checked wires, replaced another control module, and now after finally talking to a real Ford engineer will be replacing the PCM. Pretty frustrating but these are difficult issues to solve where the failure is since all these module “talk” to each other and connected one way or the other, so you kinda have to swap parts to see if that works.

To the OP if the BCM doesn’t work maybe ask the dealer about a PCM replacement. Good luck

I haven't taken mine in yet, and reading this is makin me nervous. They cant even get my truck in until the 27th....

Latest Discussions

Back