If I place an order with my dealership next day or so when will the truck come in???

Are the chassis cabs made at a different plant? If they are I believe they have different production dates
Yes, chassis cabs are manufactured at OHAP in Ohio.

And it looks like the next-gen chassis cabs (not 2022) will be hecho en Mexico

Yes, chassis cabs are manufactured at OHAP in Ohio.

And it looks like the next-gen chassis cabs (not 2022) will be hecho en Mexico
Dang I don't know if I want a non US built chassis.

Years ago when I purchased Dodge Rams for a large const company, I would go to my dealership and we would order out a truck. If it showed up for St. Louis the order would stay and I would pick up the truck. If it showed up as Saltillo MX we would cancel the order and replace the order the next day and it would probably be made in St. Louis. There was an engineer in St. Louis that I know and I would get him the VON ( VIN) once the order was placed. He could get my order to the front of the line and the truck would be made that week. I could get a brand new truck in 3 weeks including delivery. I never told the dealership and they were always amazed how fast I could get them. Wish I could do that with Fords. But that was a while ago when it took often 8 months to get a Dodge Cummins truck. And diesel was less cost than gas.

I found a truck from another local dealer so I am not ordering a 2022.
I did not get a " smoking deal" but I got a few bucks off and unloaded my old 2000 Chevy ( that I was wrenching on daily). It is home and now all my dirty work will get done with this and will keep my Tremor in good condition because I won't have to haul shit ( construction materials, firewood, rocks,topsoil, mulch, hydraulic parts.......) in it.

I felt with the shortages in the supply and the unknown price increases of steel, now would be good time to get one if there was one out there. This one is 95% of what I would have ordered. I wanted Carbonized grey this one is Iconic Silver. thats about it. its a 7.3 Godzilla, 10 speed, has the dual batteries and 397 alternator. So I could probably get a winch for it someday.
Will post up some photos with it next to the Tremor next day or so!
IMG_7055.jpeg

The 2 weeks shutdown is their summer vacation.
And a happy update from Ford today (over on blueovalforums): Annual summer shutdown is normally the first two weeks of July but Ford announced today that the shutdowns are being cancelled at almost all plants to make up for lost production due to the microchip shortage.

And a happy update from Ford today (over on blueovalforums): Annual summer shutdown is normally the first two weeks of July but Ford announced today that the shutdowns are being cancelled at almost all plants to make up for lost production due to the microchip shortage.
Hope the workers are "happy campers". I am guessing that many will be angry they have to work in the summer. But it's best for all. Millions and millions of dollars can be lost with the lack of supply and delays. It is not just Ford but everything from Cars to food products. The dealerships have been running out of new inventory and the price of used inventory has gone up dramatically . Nothing like getting upside down in a used car.

I am looking at a 2022 order out Carbonized grey F350 7.3 they tell me they can take the order. build starts June???? not sure when they would see it. But by ordering now I at least get in line.

What say you on the delivery date for a 2022????
go to the Blue Oval Forum for accurate information from Ford employees that actually know and have the inside info instead of I think so stuff found thread after thread. no offense to anyone sharing their opinion but as someone waiting for my 22 I would want to know real world best I can get. Ice-capades is dead on every time and answers questions if posted in the correct thread.

go to the Blue Oval Forum for accurate information from Ford employees that actually know and have the inside info instead of I think so stuff found thread after thread. no offense to anyone sharing their opinion but as someone waiting for my 22 I would want to know real world best I can get. Ice-capades is dead on every time and answers questions if posted in the correct thread.
Thanks brother,,, just found one in inventory and got it so I don't have to wait for one. Plus the price was fair. I hate the waiting game.

Back