How to track your Ford Super Duty Order

I did drive the 6.7 and did not have the opportunity to drive the 7.3. I wish I did drive the 7.3 but aside from 1 dealership that had one (geographically reasonable) I couldn’t find any trucks in any trim levels or builds with a 7.3.

Until there’s an oil burner physically on my driveway I can’t rep “team diesel” or “team gas.”

For now I’d say “Yay Ford, and God Bless America!”
The good thing about covid here is that the dealer can’t ride with you. My test drive sold me on the diesel.

The good thing about covid here is that the dealer can’t ride with you. My test drive sold me on the diesel.
Oh... Lol. One test drive I did (2 weeks ago) they literally showed me their antibody test... No joke. I also got to hear about how they got Covid from a specific customer. And that their cat had Covid.

I was thinking "this is a fantastic sales pitch." Tell me that you "just had Rona, it's transmissible during test drives... You're immune... but antibodies probably out of date now, and I might get it from the buttons I just pressed from the different camera modes."

But hey... the 1050 ft lbs. of torque were sweet merging onto the highway.

Well... I’m going to have to plead the 5th on that one.

You’re observant sir... caught the badges in the image huh? That’s like something I’d see, and call out. Awesome.

I was sincerely chasing any and all Tremors. I always correlated F-250’s to Diesel so I was team Diesel. But after reading so much positive feedback on the 7.3 I was sold. Glowing reviews, lower maintenance... and the sound of a V8 would make me feel good.

I was working on 2 deals at once... Diesel and Gas.

I was actually about to pull the trigger on a 7.3 until the dealer got all weird swapping numbers on me, and to be fair it’s because a different salesman got engaged in the deal. This happened over the phone on my way to test drive.

I decided to visit the dealership with the Diesel because they were actually closer and I was passing their exit. They had great customer service, and worked VERY hard to make a deal.

So at the moment... waiting for transport. Hoping to have a new oil burner in the next day or so.

For the record... I had no intention for that thread to go sideways. We’re all friends here on Ford forum.

Yep, your stock picture looks a lot like mine, except I ordered the CG with Lariat Black, so I was checking for the diesel badge. ;)

I agree you were not the reason the thread went sideways, but it was several new members who are passionate about the 7.3L gasser. Like you, I have been a loyal Ford Truck buyer for a couple decades, so the Tremor was the only choice for me when I needed to tow more than my previous two Raptors could handle.

I just wanted to whine about my alleged truck’s transit. I have a doc from the dealership with an ETA of 12/28. I used the rad Alumizilla site and it was shipped on the 18th, estimated transit is 18 days, estimated delivery is 01/01.

Now I’m not a mathematician... but 18+18 does not get us to a 01/01 delivery date.

My salesman called today and said he thinks the truck is in Oklahoma.

How do you ship from Kentucky on the 18th and only end up in Oklahoma on the 30th?

I mean I kind of had plans for New Years... such as depreciation of this thing on the 31st.

The Pals App says pending.

Not sure why this print out from the dealer says 12/28. It had the invoice generated on the 17th.

Basically... I have a life and need to plan it out and it’s on hold for this truck. I mean the pandemic isn’t providing awesome options for New Years but I’d gladly drive around during non curfew hours to rack up 1K miles so I can tow something before I’m quarantined if I cross into LA county.

Jk. Any other fricken way to get some info on this truck?

Ordered 11/6/20
Got my VIN 11/20/20
Scheduled 1/6/21
Built 1/11/21
Shipped with an estimated delivery date of 1/29/21.

Star White Lariat, 7.3L, Sport / Ultimate / Cab Lights. Should be right around ~12 weeks if it all comes through on time!

Ordered 11/6/20
Got my VIN 11/20/20
Scheduled 1/6/21
Built 1/11/21
Shipped with an estimated delivery date of 1/29/21.

Star White Lariat, 7.3L, Sport / Ultimate / Cab Lights. Should be right around ~12 weeks if it all comes through on time!

Update one week later, still says "shipped" but the palsapp says "pending" and no other updates. Still saying 1/29 estimated delivery?

Update one week later, still says "shipped" but the palsapp says "pending" and no other updates. Still saying 1/29 estimated delivery?
Mine was built just about the same time and has been sitting for the last week with palsapp status pending too. My sticker says CONVOY which I understand is supposed to mean it will ship via truck but that's a long way by truck, I suspect it should come by rail.
However I did take a sampling of the super duties vins that were at the dealer and they seemed to be averaging about 13 to 14 days delivery time according to the order status page. Funny thing is the window stickers for these were split between RAIL and CONVOY so maybe they do both.

Mine was built just about the same time and has been sitting for the last week with palsapp status pending too. My sticker says CONVOY which I understand is supposed to mean it will ship via truck but that's a long way by truck, I suspect it should come by rail.
However I did take a sampling of the super duties vins that were at the dealer and they seemed to be averaging about 13 to 14 days delivery time according to the order status page. Funny thing is the window stickers for these were split between RAIL and CONVOY so maybe they do both.

Interesting. When I ordered my Raptor back in 2013 it came by rail into Riverside but that was built in Michigan. Who in SD did you order from? I went through Encinitas Ford.

What is your estimated delivery date and has it changed? Bet ours will be in the same shipment sounds like!

Interesting. When I ordered my Raptor back in 2013 it came by rail into Riverside but that was built in Michigan. Who in SD did you order from? I went through Encinitas Ford.

What is your estimated delivery date and has it changed? Bet ours will be in the same shipment sounds like!
I ordered from penske in La Mesa. They seemed pretty easy to deal with - I was using a different dealer but they didn't respond to me for a week after I told them I wanted to order, I figured that was not a good sign so I bailed.
Funny you should ask about the estimated delivery date... When I wrote the message above it was 2/1 (countown was 11 days it started at 21). But I just checked now and there is no longer an eta or countdown... Hopefully they are just updating.

I ordered from penske in La Mesa. They seemed pretty easy to deal with - I was using a different dealer but they didn't respond to me for a week after I told them I wanted to order, I figured that was not a good sign so I bailed.
Funny you should ask about the estimated delivery date... When I wrote the message above it was 2/1 (countown was 11 days it started at 21). But I just checked now and there is no longer an eta or countdown... Hopefully they are just updating.

Still pending on palsapp for me today but the Ford Tracking site still is counting down to next Friday 1/29. When the status first changed to "shipped" on the Ford site my original date was actually 2/4 but they pulled it in twice, first to 1/31 and then 1/29 within 2-3 days and it's been 1/29 for the past two weeks.

Window sticker still says CONVOY and palsapp still says PENDING lol. Fingers crossed the Ford site is right and it's here next Friday somehow!

Got my estimated delivery date this morning. It says the 2/13 delivery. Scheduled for production yesterday. 10 weeks from order to delivery. Not bad, but damn 3 more weeks.

Just an update in case anyone else runs into this: I was following my build, it was looking fine had transitioned into built on 1/11 and shipped on 1/13 (in transit) and I was getting countdowns on the ETA and the delivery date was projected as 2/1. Then 2 days ago I checked and ETA went away (no more countdown) and the estimated dealer delivery became N/A. It stayed that way for 2 days, but this morning it those values came back - its now down to 10 days and estimated arrival of 2/1 (not sure where they are getting that math from, but its close enough).

So just as many others have complained, the tracking sight is not all that reliable. It does seem to get straightened out though - at least in my case.

BTW: I tried all of the known tracking mechanisms listed on this thread and they were all performing similarly during that 2 day period. Palsapp still claims PENDING. I expect its going to do that until the vehicle is delivered :)

My tracker got down to 4 days as of this morning ( projecting a 1/29 arrival) but palsapp still showed status as "pending".

Asked my salesman if I was really going to see the truck this Friday and he after he checked internal to Ford they have the arrival date as 2/8.

Just checked the Ford site again and the date has now been pushed back to a 2/14 delivery according to them with 20 days left to go vs the 4 days this morning. Maybe the palsapp site wasn't joking with their "pending" status this entire time since the 1/6 build.

Interesting turn of events - got a text from my salesperson that truck will be here today! A day earlier than their earliest estimate before they pushed it back by two weeks a few days ago.

Palsapp still says pending, Ford's site says 2/14.

I'll take it!

Good for you!

Palsapp has never had anything on my VIN to date

I have called the CSX automated rail car location checker, but it had never had any info on that car

Alumizilla hasn't changed since the estimated delivery date of 2/13 arrived

Ford vehicle tracking website is just doing countdown to same 2/13 estimate

Dealer info about CSX having my Tremor in Birmingham, AL at supper time 1/26 and his estimate that it will arrive between 2/6 - 2/10 is the only news I've received in "seemingly" forever. I am taking solace in the fact that of your who ordered same day and week at I did are taking delivery. ??

My super duty has been waiting on the winch for a while. Dealer says it finally shows all parts available and should get a VIN in the next few weeks. Said it was scheduled but I thought if a truck is scheduled for production, they have already issued the VIN. What is the process Ford goes through on these orders?

The CSX trace number has never had any info on my radio car and the palsapp be had never acknowledged my VIN (or any of the possible numbers on my windowsticker for that matter). So I'm getting antsy to say the least. Has anyone successfully tracked their rail car using the CSX phone trace thing recently?

My super duty has been waiting on the winch for a while. Dealer says it finally shows all parts available and should get a VIN in the next few weeks. Said it was scheduled but I thought if a truck is scheduled for production, they have already issued the VIN. What is the process Ford goes through on these orders?

I think your dealer is feeding you a line. If it is scheduled there is a VIN. How they are seeing what parts are available for a specific build is another mystery....

My build shows “in production” as of 02 February. My window sticker was published 2 days later. No updates at all since then. No build date or otherwise. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for updates?
E02B0E1C-DB59-45FB-9C6C-C84368126CD8.png

Latest Discussions

Back