How to negotiate a tremor purchase right now

I'm not trying to hijak this thread, but I do also appreciate everybody's input to the OP's original dilemma. I'm in the same boat as I'm finally ready to buy now that I received my X-plan PIN from the Mustang Club of America. Tom Borah (Chapman Ford in PA) is a straight-shooter and he'll offer you 3% below invoice without even needing an X-plan PIN- I was shocked how quickly he responded to an email request. Serious Rep Points for a dealership that is offering a great price and is a straight-shooter. Granger Ford in Iowa will do 2% below invoice without the X-plan, but you don't get their Lifetime Warranty unless you live there. Those appear to be the best deals going right now and neither require the X-plan. After that, you can try to find a dealer to accept your X-plan PIN and get near Invoice. I've found numerous that will agree to the X-plan now that Ford has dropped allotments and instant priority from Ford goes to ordered/pre-sold trucks. At least you have choices, but you may have a long ride home.

Here's an example of my best online offer from my F350 6.7 Tremor build:
$83490 - High MSRP
$1140 – Tremor Discount package
$82350 – Low MSRP
$77419 - Invoice
$75096 – 3% under invoice, b4 Ford retail incentives, plus tax/tags & $394 pa doc
Agreed completely. I will work with Chapman Ford myself for car purchase. Thanks to everyone who pointed me there.

I'm not trying to hijak this thread, but I do also appreciate everybody's input to the OP's original dilemma. I'm in the same boat as I'm finally ready to buy now that I received my X-plan PIN from the Mustang Club of America. Tom Borah (Chapman Ford in PA) is a straight-shooter and he'll offer you 3% below invoice without even needing an X-plan PIN- I was shocked how quickly he responded to an email request. Serious Rep Points for a dealership that is offering a great price and is a straight-shooter. Granger Ford in Iowa will do 2% below invoice without the X-plan, but you don't get their Lifetime Warranty unless you live there. Those appear to be the best deals going right now and neither require the X-plan. After that, you can try to find a dealer to accept your X-plan PIN and get near Invoice. I've found numerous that will agree to the X-plan now that Ford has dropped allotments and instant priority from Ford goes to ordered/pre-sold trucks. At least you have choices, but you may have a long ride home.

$83490 - High MSRP
$82350 – Low MSRP
$77419 - Invoice
$75096 – 3% under invoice, b4 Ford retail incentives, plus tax/tags & $394 pa doc
What is a high/low msrp. For some reason mine was listed as same on their quote.

Damn I'm jealous of people being able to get below MSRP. Availability is so short here that the dealer told me they wouldn't even be upset if I didn't accept the truck I ordered - as it would sell to someone else in a hot minute if it hit the lot. Not a situation which is conducive to getting a good deal...

Damn I'm jealous of people being able to get below MSRP. Availability is so short here that the dealer told me they wouldn't even be upset if I didn't accept the truck I ordered - as it would sell to someone else in a hot minute if it hit the lot. Not a situation which is conducive to getting a good deal...
Where are you located? For me PA is a couple of hours drive, so this wouldn’t be a multi day road trip.

But honestly, if it came down to thousands dollars in difference, i would probably consider a cross country drive just out of principle. I am just not set on paying MSRP out of my own pocket, no matter the market. If anything, i would wait as long as it takes for market to stabilize rather than overpaying the stealerships. Look at the news articles, these guys are not complaining, they are still making their money, just not on volume as in a normal market. Chapman decided to go a different route and i am happy to work with them now and likely into the future remembering that they stood out.

Where are you located? For me PA is a couple of hours drive, so this wouldn’t be a multi day road trip.

But honestly, if it came down to thousands dollars in difference, i would probably consider a cross country drive just out of principle. I am just not set on paying MSRP out of my own pocket, no matter the market. If anything, i would wait as long as it takes for market to stabilize rather than overpaying the stealerships. Look at the news articles, these guys are not complaining, they are still making their money, just not on volume as in a normal market. Chapman decided to go a different route and i am happy to work with them now and likely into the future remembering that they stood out.
Reach out to Chapman, I can't believe how smooth and pleasant this transaction has been.

I went to check out my order today, still no vin or build date unfortunately, he said he had a 21 he’d sell me. I asked if I could get the xplan on that and he said nope and it’s over msrp. Stated paying msrp was against my religion and I best to just wait on my order with xplan pricing.

$83490 - High MSRP
$82350 – Low MSRP
$77419 - Invoice
Echo what others posted and super appreciate you posting this. I have one on order but at msrp and if this is going to save me thousands im for sure going to fly out to PA and make the drive back.

Echo what others posted and super appreciate you posting this. I have one on order but at msrp and if this is going to save me thousands im for sure going to fly out to PA and make the drive back.
You will not be disappointed. Got my OTD numbers from Chapman today and not a game being played. They really are legit and I have absolutely no connection to them other than being a very satisfied customer. Making the trip from NC to pick up my truck.

Alpoba - First off, welcome to the forum, great place here. Second, I'll share my experience and hopefully that will help you.

My local dealers (North Texas), (that are very good btw, have done a lot of business with them over the years) have NO stock, I'm talking zero stock. Maybe the occasional XL diesel work truck but no stock. We went to Dallas to a dealer that had 4 on the lot based on their website and on cars.com. Funny, they had about 4 trucks on the lot but none of what was listed on the websites, go figure.

We test drove a regular Lariat (what I was looking for) and a Tremor blackout Lariat since that was the first truck they brought out. Let me start by saying I did not want the blackout package, the Tremor package or the double decker moon roof thing but this truck had them all... and my best half loved it! Once we finished with the test drives and started the "negotiation" process it went like this... This truck is $10K over invoice as there is very limited stock out there and no dealers are honoring xplan right now. Since I have xplan through my employer and the last Ford truck I bought (the best vehicle buying experience ever, N. TX dealer mentioned earlier) I used the xplan and intended to use it now. They kinda laughed and we departed.

When we got home I got back on cars.com and found a Tremor (after all, that is what the wife liked best :) ) at a dealer just south of Dallas. I used the chat part of cars.com and asked if they honored xplan and in less than 5 minutes a sales rep called me and after a few rounds figured out that they would honor xplan if I used their financing and put down a (totally refundable) deposit to get first crack at the F250 when it arrived.

Long story short, this was the 2nd best vehicle buying experience and only because I had to drive to south Dallas to get it. The dealer was great, no games, no surprises and they were above board in every respect. This is a mid-sized dealer that usually has 200 trucks on their lot, now everything is sold basically before they land on the lot. They sold an F350 dually the same day to a 5'2 lady who was going to use her new truck with her RV and travel the country. She was happy!

Oh, also mention, that the first DFW dealer called me a few days later and told me they would give me a $5K discount off the price (now that "discount" is still $5K above MSRP) if I locked in the sale asap. I told them no, that I had a truck on order using xplan. The salesman (who was very nice, professional btw) seemed very surprised.

Good luck with your purchase, I'm sure you can find what you are looking for, just have to work at it. Get a membership in something as noted earlier to get xplan, it will be like $50 and you don't need the pln until delivery (most organizations require 90 days membership though, watch for that).

Brisket
What kind of membership do you have any examples?

People are going to start thinking I’m on the payroll at Granger Ford because I talk them up so much but I promise I’m not. I just had such a good experience compared to every other car buying experience I’ve ever had that I’m more than happy to shout their name from the mountaintops. You don’t see their name much in the Super Duty world but they take a ton of Bronco and F-150 custom orders.

Build the truck you want online and then save the PDF build summary and email it to Chip Giles at Granger Ford in Granger, IA.

He’ll fire you back a price written by hand on the invoice printout and that’s the price, no negotiation necessary. They’re all about volume so they just give you their bottom line right up front. Mine ended up being ~9off of MSRP.

They have a dealer fee of $180 and an Iowa temporary tag fee of $45 and that’s it as far as extra costs.

I live in Florida and even factoring in the flight to Iowa and hotel night, food, and diesel to get me home I still came out ahead of what any local dealer would do.

Chip Giles
Granger Ford - Granger, IA
[email protected]
1-515-203-4478

Feel free to tell him Josh Olsen sent you.

They also have no problem if you take their number and shop it to local dealers to help you get a better deal locally. In “normal” times I imagine it would get your local dealer to come close enough that it would be worthwhile to buy local but these days with 99.9% of dealers holding out for well over MSRP I’d imagine Granger is still going to make the most sense.
Did you take a taxi from the airport? Or did someone from the dealership pick you up? Any recommendations for stops on the drive south? :)

Did you take a taxi from the airport? Or did someone from the dealership pick you up? Any recommendations for stops on the drive south? :)

Hummmmmmm, it's like 35 miles from the Des Moines airport, wonder how they do that, have some kind of pickup service if you fly in when they are open???

You have to go to Marshalltown Iowa, home of the world famous Taylor's Maid-Rite

Hummmmmmm, it's like 35 miles from the Des Moines airport, wonder how they do that, have some kind of pickup service if you fly in when they are open???

You have to go to Marshalltown Iowa, home of the world famous Taylor's Maid-Rite
I’m buying a reeeeaaaallly nice truck from them. Hopefully they’ll give me a lift so I can sign ze papers 😂

I’m buying a reeeeaaaallly nice truck from them. Hopefully they’ll give me a lift so I can sign ze papers 😂

We just drove from Mary Esther to Des Moines, it's a hell of a drive, hope you have a co driver and don't forget to stop off at

For some good eats before ya head south

We just drove from Mary Esther to Des Moines, it's a hell of a drive, hope you have a co driver and don't forget to stop off at

For some good eats before ya head south
Nice. I think I can get a one-way ticket for <$200 but that’s without a copilot. I’ll have to check out that restaurant… also probably going to spend a night in Nashville on the way home.

Came across this forum in my tremor search, and read about granger Ford in Iowa - just put the order in last night for a fully loaded 22'.

Dealers in my area (SFL) are selling 8-10k above msrp, got it at granger for the 3% below invoice like everyone is saying.

Just wanted to share that the hype is real about granger Ford in Iowa - I'm going to fly out and drive it back.

Also, lead foot is gone for 22', made me very sad as that was my main choice, ended up going with Oxford White. I did see "wireless charger" on the build list though, maybe they added for 22'.
Welcome to the forum. Where in SFL? I’m in Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch area. What model did you order? I believe lariat and above come with wireless charge pad below the radio. My 2020 lariat has it.

Latest Discussions

Back