How to look up invoice pricing on Ford Trucks

Can you introduce me to your local dealer? I've been searching for a dealer who will offer me invoice pricing, or better, on a 2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Tremor package, and am having difficulty. I've got a 15,000 pound fiver I am living in up in Washington, and will need a truck this fall when it's time to move it to Arizona for the winter. I'd like to get an order in and get my place in line so maybe I can get delivery by October. I just need a dealer that will look at my build and offer me a price with savings like you got. I just found this site and it seems to be the right place for someone like me. - J. Daniel
Capital Ford in Carson City, NV. Talk to Dave, the sales Manager and nobody else initially.

I was given some advice from someone in order to qualify for X-Plan pricing. He told me he joined EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association and somehow it allowed him access to X-Plan pricing. I joined ten days ago, but he said I won't qualify until I have been a member 90 days.

Puget Island is on the Columbia River, not anywhere near Seattle. It's a common mistake people make.

I'm going to give Costco a call in a few minutes and see what they have to say about current pricing on a 2022 Tremor.

I'm not giving up on dealerships that people claim to have gotten invoice pricing. I just need one dealership west of the Missouri River willing to give me invoice pricing. That is how wide my search area is right now. Once I get that commitment to price, I won't worry about actual delivery date. It comes when it comes.
Whoops! My bad on the location. Good to know. :D

Yes, to get X-Plan pricing you need to be a member or employee of a company that has a partnership with Ford in some way. I have access through employment.

Well, given how wide your search is Steve C. at Kirkland Ford is still relevant to you. Though the Arizona option above may be more convenient as mentioned.

When I called the Costco Auto Program this morning, it felt like I was talking to someone in the Philippines. She knew nothing about trucks and said she was having trouble finding any dealers who work with Costco to help buyers find vehicles at discounted prices. She eventually sent me to a dealer in Folsom, California and said they are a participating dealer. A salesman called me a couple hours ago and I asked if he wanted me to send him my build sheet from the Ford web site and he preferred to just have me tell him what to add to the truck as he checked it off. He said he'd put together a price and get back to me. I asked if he was offering invoice pricing and he declined to use that word, instead telling me what all truck salesman say; I get paid to sell trucks, so I will give you a good price. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me. I doubt it takes two hours to enter the information and look at the screen and see the MSRP and the Invoice price. So who knows. I'm guessing the MSRP will be around $73,000 and the invoice around $68,500. Costco also states they will help locate additional manufacturers incentives and financing offers. They added that after the sale, the dealers they work with offer 50% off parts and service, up to a $400 discount. So maybe I'll ask them if they can add an Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch, using that discount.

CCW, I'd like to time the delivery, which would most likely be in September or October, to when we will be in Nebraska. So the best possible scenario would be finding a dealer near Omaha who would offer invoice pricing. So far, no luck. They have agreed to honor X-Plan pricing, but I won't qualify for that until August. So I'd have to order the truck with them now, give them a down payment, and hope I get my Pin for X-Pricing as promised, after 90 days of membership to EAA. I'd rather find invoice pricing and drive a bit further, knowing the price is locked in. If deliveries get delayed again, we will end up living in Arizona this coming winter while waiting for a truck. In that scenario, we'd leave the 5th wheel up in Washington until we get the truck.

Costco was a bust. Specifically, Costco Auto Program seemed to be a call center offshore. They sent me to a Ford dealership in Folsom, California. They took my build from the Ford web site and called me back with a price of $73,550, for a F-350 Lariat I built on the X-Plan pricing site that stated a final price of $68,500. When I told the salesman, he was asking full MSRP, he agreed and state Costco is no longer requiring participating dealers to sell below MSRP. I don't believe him and am calling Costco Auto Program back to see why they wasted my time and promised the dealer was going to give me the discounted price. Stay tuned.

When I called the Costco Auto Program this morning, it felt like I was talking to someone in the Philippines. She knew nothing about trucks and said she was having trouble finding any dealers who work with Costco to help buyers find vehicles at discounted prices. She eventually sent me to a dealer in Folsom, California and said they are a participating dealer. A salesman called me a couple hours ago and I asked if he wanted me to send him my build sheet from the Ford web site and he preferred to just have me tell him what to add to the truck as he checked it off. He said he'd put together a price and get back to me. I asked if he was offering invoice pricing and he declined to use that word, instead telling me what all truck salesman say; I get paid to sell trucks, so I will give you a good price. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me. I doubt it takes two hours to enter the information and look at the screen and see the MSRP and the Invoice price. So who knows. I'm guessing the MSRP will be around $73,000 and the invoice around $68,500. Costco also states they will help locate additional manufacturers incentives and financing offers. They added that after the sale, the dealers they work with offer 50% off parts and service, up to a $400 discount. So maybe I'll ask them if they can add an Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch, using that discount.
You are going about this incorrectly.

Talk ONLY to the sales manager or the fleet manager. ONLY them, not some salesman who is rude and only interested in his own commission.

The Costco website will tell you the nearest Costco affiliated dealer.

Call that dealer, ask for the Sales Manager, and ask him specifically if they are a Costco authorized dealer, or do they do Costco pricing. If the answer is yes, verify the discount on a Super Duty. The discount is based on dealer invoice minus $300., or similar, not a reduction from retail, so he can immediately tell you the discount. You don't need the actual price, you need the discount. Send them an option list and have them send you an official Costco bid. The list does not have to be accurate, it gets you started on the process. The price is based on dealer invoice minus $300. So you can get to the exact option list later. You are not ordering yet.

Then, and only then, do you go to a local dealer and ask the Sales Manager, and nobody else, if they are a Costco affiliate of if they will match Costco pricing. While doing this, show them the sheet you got from the Costco dealer.

He will either match or beat that price, or you walk.

Do not talk to anyone but the Sales Manager, or the Fleet manager. Do not speak to a salesman in the parking lot, or at the door, or give anyone your name, aside from the Sales Manager, or that person will claim his commission, and your price will be affected.

This is a very simple process. Verify Costco pricing. Talk to the right person. Place your order. There is no negotiating and no bullshit from a salesman who is only interested in his commission. If you don't get what you want, leave. Period.

Remember, this has nothing to do with discounting off of retail. it is not about negotiating for a truck on the lot, it is not about them "seeing what they can do". It IS about the Sales Manager telling you straight up what the deal is. And he will be influenced by you having a Costco offer in your hand.

If you happen to see a truck on the lot you like, the same deal applies. You are not ever in a hurry. That ruck is not exactly what you want. But is it available for the Costco deal of invoice minus 300? Get him to print out the retail and invoice pricing on that truck.

Do not be in a hurry. Do not put up with sales tactics. Be ready to walk. But always give the Sales Manager your name and information. Be polite and sincere. I told the manager at my local dealer that I was on my way to the Costco dealer (150 miles away in another state) to place an order, (I was holding the Costco offer in my hand), and just mentioned that we stopped to take a quick look. He simply said $500. off of invoice and wrote it on his card. I placed my order.

Always start out this process by going to the Ford site and building your dream truck. Enter all the information they ask for. That info goes to the dealers close by and when you arrive, they can look you up. They know you are serious, and Ford may send you a cash offer to buy one off the lot. But the cash offer also works on ordered trucks that have a VIN number. So after doing the Ford build, after ordering your truck, wait about two weeks or so. If you get the cash offer, the dealer will have a VIN in about 10 days to two weeks. Go in and show them the offer. They will enter it and verify it and you are locked in. The cash offer comes off the final negotiated price. It is a reduction on the cost from Ford, not paid for by the dealer and it does not have to be figured in until later. The dealer simply takes that amount off the final price.

Raspy, that is tremendously helpful information and quite succinct. I already contacted Costco and they were upset to hear this salesman who was no authorized to contact me, got ahold of my name this morning and hoped to make a sale at MSRP.

I have done several builds on the ford web site, but I seem to be unable to do them anymore. Once I was given a code to get onto the X-Pricing Ford web site and complete builds, it has become my default site and any build becomes an X-Plan pricing build. So it seems I have been building the truck to about $73K and it is showing up in the summary at $68, 550, which is what I'm shooting for. I will follow your advice and keep at it. Thank you so much.

Raspy, the sales manager, Greg Dobbins, at Folsom Lake Ford, a participating Costco Auto Program dealer, just told me they will not honor the Costco agreement at this time. They are selling at MSRP. So I then called Costco, and am on hold currently. They are trying to find a single dealership in the U.S. that still honors the legally binding agreement they made with Costco (her words). She found one in Keyport, New Jersey. I doubt they are still participating. But that is it. There is no dealership left in the U.S. honoring the Costco Auto Program agreement for 2022 Super Duty truck purchases. That seems to shut the door on that option.

I'm in contact with a salesman in Billings who sold an F-350 last week to someone who posts on the Ford Enthusiast web site. That man introduced me to the salesman, who I sent by X-Plan pricing build to about an hour ago and am awaiting his reply on their pricing. I believe the build will be $73k and change, and I'm willing to buy if he offers anything under $69k. The man who bought last week stated he also received a $2000 Ford incentive.

Raspy, the sales manager, Greg Dobbins, at Folsom Lake Ford, a participating Costco Auto Program dealer, just told me they will not honor the Costco agreement at this time. They are selling at MSRP. So I then called Costco, and am on hold currently. They are trying to find a single dealership in the U.S. that still honors the legally binding agreement they made with Costco (her words). She found one in Keyport, New Jersey. I doubt they are still participating. But that is it. There is no dealership left in the U.S. honoring the Costco Auto Program agreement for 2022 Super Duty truck purchases. That seems to shut the door on that option.

I'm in contact with a salesman in Billings who sold an F-350 last week to someone who posts on the Ford Enthusiast web site. That man introduced me to the salesman, who I sent by X-Plan pricing build to about an hour ago and am awaiting his reply on their pricing. I believe the build will be $73k and change, and I'm willing to buy if he offers anything under $69k. The man who bought last week stated he also received a $2000 Ford incentive.
Interesting. Times have changed. Folsom Lake Ford was the one I dealt with first, befoer going to my local dealer, Capital Ford in Carson City.

With 22,000 trucks sitting waiting for parts, I guess you have to take what you can get. Keep us posted.

Have you received your truck? How was your experience?
I got my truck in January 2020. Truck has been great. Buying experience through Costco is good. No haggling. Pricing is usually at or below invoice depending on the vehicle and model year.

Dave doesn’t appear in the staff directory. He must not work there any more.
yk6z2.jpg

Dave doesn’t appear in the staff directory. He must not work there any more.
My mistake. I looked at website for Capital Ford on the east coast instead of the one in Carson City. I must not have been fully awake yet. Once I got to the correct website I see a David Wheelock as one of the sales managers. I’ll have to set up an appointment to order my truck.

The Costco website was very good for doing my research on invoice pricing, at some point last year, the invoice piece disappeared and it only shows MSRP now. :(

Back