How reliable is the 7.3 really?

Any thoughts on the 3.5 vs the Powerboost? I don't really want the powerboost I don't think.
Powerboost has different tranny, well not different but extra parts...sounds expensive to me if it has any issues. It does hall ass, had one when the replaced my back glass motor and glass under warranty as well.
With all the warranty claims I have had on my truck I have gotten to drive all flavors of F150...3.5 is nice, too many moving parts for me..5.0 with the tow package was my favorite.


To answer the OPs question...Hell no, unless you can verify the transmission has been replaced.
My '21 has 98k on the motor and 38k on the replaced transmission.
 
Thanks @Sccritterkiller, that's why I was leaning away from them. And I see more 2021-2023 powerboost for sale around thd 50-75k mark so was curious if there might be a common reason.
 
Thanks @Sccritterkiller, that's why I was leaning away from them. And I see more 2021-2023 powerboost for sale around thd 50-75k mark so was curious if there might be a common reason.
I've heard of several reliability issues with the Powerboost. I'd steer clear personally.
I had a 2022 F-150 Platinum with that was nice and smooth, but didn't keep it long enough to make a judgement on reliability/dependability.
 
17+ F250 7.3
Note, the 7.3 wasn't available until 2020.

I came from a long line of crew cab F150s. The EB engines were nice for performance and fuel economy. I had several 3.5s and 2.7s. I actually think I liked the overall driveability of the 2.7L the best. I wasn't towing much with those, however. Great vehicles for road tripping - the family loved them!

No regrets with our 7.3 Tremor but it wouldn't be my first choice if I didn't need it to tow and I was planning on lots of highway miles.
 
I forgot about the 2.7 with the F150 - for hardly towing and mostly racking up highway miles that could be a good option too!
 
Back
Top Bottom