How do I disable Cornering lights?

Luckster

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Dec 22, 2024
Messages
119
Reaction Points
45
Location
California
Current Ride #1
2026 Ford F-250 Platinum Plus
Hello,

I recently installed some aftermarket lights in place of the stock fog lights. 2 are now wired to the H11 harness and 2 to an up-fitter. The issue now is the very bright lights turn on when signaling and turning.
I could simply unplug the H11 plug and wire it to the up-fitter switches but I would like to keep the dual functionality. I keep hearing about Bambi mode, would this disable the cornering light feature?


thanks,
 
Bambi mode will not turn off cornering lights. I believe can toggle it off in the center screen under features.
If you are using Forscan for bambi mode, I suggest enabling last known position for the fog lights. This will turn them on with the low beams if you hit the button. Factory "forgets" they were on during last key cycle.
 
I ended up going with a set of SAE Fogs from my light manufacturer to avoid that. I hadn't had any luck finding a confirmed way to disable at that time, and given where I drive, I wanted to have some proper fogs for road use, so I have the SAEs on the factory harness, and then my others on the upfitter.

@snowcat did it on his MY25, so I believe it can now be done with FORscan on the Super Duties, but I see you have a MY26, so not sure how much it translates across, might be worth a check.


Bambi mode will not turn off cornering lights. I believe can toggle it off in the center screen under features.
If you are using Forscan for bambi mode, I suggest enabling last known position for the fog lights. This will turn them on with the low beams if you hit the button. Factory "forgets" they were on during last key cycle.

As someone who abhors auto-lights, turning remember back on was a must, did not realize how annoying it would be to have to turn them back on all the time. Haha
 
Bambi mode will not turn off cornering lights. I believe can toggle it off in the center screen under features.
If you are using Forscan for bambi mode, I suggest enabling last known position for the fog lights. This will turn them on with the low beams if you hit the button. Factory "forgets" they were on during last key cycle.
I could not find it in the features or settings.
 
I ended up going with a set of SAE Fogs from my light manufacturer to avoid that. I hadn't had any luck finding a confirmed way to disable at that time, and given where I drive, I wanted to have some proper fogs for road use, so I have the SAEs on the factory harness, and then my others on the upfitter.

@snowcat did it on his MY25, so I believe it can now be done with FORscan on the Super Duties, but I see you have a MY26, so not sure how much it translates across, might be worth a check.




As someone who abhors auto-lights, turning remember back on was a must, did not realize how annoying it would be to have to turn them back on all the time. Haha
I'm starting to understand the folly of my decision now.

also, I think the spread sheet applies to all 23+ models.
 
Back
Top Bottom