HINDSIGHT: If you did a 2.5" or 4.5" Carli Suspension Kit (or other brands), what would you do differently now?

Is your regret after having taken a ride in a truck with pintop? Or just from reviews read online?

I’m definitely wanting to get a full kit (likely backcountry but could accidentally order a pintop lol), but might use the truck for a bit before upgrading.
I took a ride in one shortly after.

It’ll fit on the gas truck and you even get a little more out of it! 😂
i have diesel level coils on my gas. the diesel 4.5 (5.5 on '20+) would be too much?? Dan said in the blog on the website, that the drag link would be maxed out. I don't know what other issues there may be.
I am perfectly fine with the diesel coil ride on the gas truck

Add a pack maintains payload.

I can count on one hand the number of customers that dropped to the shorter height. I get WEEKLY inquiries from people "what would it take to convert my 3.5 to a 5.5?"
Can you talk them into letting me get the HD progressive springs with the 4.5”? If so I would change my order on Monday.

I have a 2022, did the 2.5” (3.5”) lift on mine. Every option upgraded on suspension except the shocks - went with the E-Clik and I’m just waiting for those to arrive. I am very happy with this setup and height. 2” between setups doesn’t sound like much, but going from stock Tremor on 35s to 2.5” lift on 37s made a big difference. I personally wouldn’t like the extra lift, and climbing up and in, on a 4.5” setup with 38s. So for me, no hindsight regrets at all. I love the way the truck looks, handles, and I’m at max ingress/egress height preference for my taste.

Yeah, I didnt want to do the add a pack with the 350, as it would drop the payload too much. But I still think that the backcountry or pintop with stock rear leafs and the torsion swaybar would be a good ride, esp with lower tire pressure.
Just to clarify, the AAPs maintain the 1-ton payload, while the full progressive leafs do not.

I have the 2.5" carli pintop on mine with the deaver full progressive pack love the ride quality. I don't plan on towing anything to heavy, and if I do I can always add a airbag setup. Buy once and be done I believe.
PXL_20220211_202945956.jpg
PXL_20220211_203028990.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 2.5" carli pintop on mine with the deaver full progressive pack love the ride quality. I don't plan on towing anything to heavy, and if I do I can always add a airbag setup. Buy once and be done I believe.View attachment 46534
Looks great, I ordered the 2.5 e-venture with the full progressive HD springs to help maintain payload, since I do tow heavy a lot, also doing the Airbags for the extra support. I’m not honking the 2.5 will be high enough. The only reason I was thinking I want the 4.5 was for the extra travel in the suspension.

I did a commuter on mine. Didnt see a need to spend 80K on the truck and then drop 10K to replace most of it right out of the gate.

My regret is not getting the pin top.

What's nice about Carli is it's a mix and match kinda solution. When my shocks go, I'll add the pint top shock. Might add the springs at some point to. No rush but everything I add, had been a MASSIVE improvement.
Same. I got the 3.5 commuter with full replacements in the rear, torsion sway bar, and 37s. Ride is greatly improved but I’m always wondering if it would be better with the King shocks…

Otherwise happy. I love the look of 5.5 with 40s but I’m not sure I’d like the extra height when I try to use the bed.

Same. I got the 3.5 commuter with full replacements in the rear, torsion sway bar, and 37s. Ride is greatly improved but I’m always wondering if it would be better with the King shocks…

Otherwise happy. I love the look of 5.5 with 40s but I’m not sure I’d like the extra height when I try to use the bed.
King shocks are very firm for on road driving. The Commuter shocks are the best possible ride on the road and the Fox shock fall right in the middle.

I did the 2.5 pintop with the Deaver progressive pack and torsion sway bar. No real regrets. Great performance and still fits in my garage. The truck is already pretty tall. For my purposes, I wouldn’t go taller. My only kinda sorta regret is that Carli just announced the e-venture set, which sounds like it might be the best of all worlds.

Looks great, I ordered the 2.5 e-venture with the full progressive HD springs to help maintain payload, since I do tow heavy a lot, also doing the Airbags for the extra support. I’m not honking the 2.5 will be high enough. The only reason I was thinking I want the 4.5 was for the extra travel in the suspension.
Please report back once you get it. This looks almost too good to be true. I wish it were available a year ago when I got the pin top.

Add a pack maintains payload.

I can count on one hand the number of customers that dropped to the shorter height. I get WEEKLY inquiries from people "what would it take to convert my 3.5 to a 5.5?"

We have decided on 2.5 will be doing lots of highway driving and need it lower to fit easier in cities and parking structures we do not tow anything

Plan on going to San Diego spending a week on Naval Station North Island and then driving up the coast to vandenberg and jump from base to base to naval postgraduate school in Monterey for another week and then driving out to key west for a week n exploring Florida

We figure 80% pavement/20 % who knows what

Planning on calling to figure out the best build and pieces parts for this build and a quality shop in the Denver Colorado area to do the work

Plan on KMC wheels 17 or 18 not sure yet and Mickey Thompson Baja A/T tires in 35, not planning on going with 37 inches

I have the 2.5" carli pintop on mine with the deaver full progressive pack love the ride quality. I don't plan on towing anything to heavy, and if I do I can always add a airbag setup. Buy once and be done I believe.View attachment 46534
Same setup here and I agree 100% on the 1 and done👍
79E82520-D1FE-4E1C-A12E-9A07C1D2055A.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back