Help me decide.... which truck. Ford. Chevy. Ram.

Yeah I guess this isnt the best thread to post in when comparing different brands. I havent started a new thread but posted in several trans related posts of my experience, which was actually good with my local dealer. They resolved the issue and got me back on the road to tow my camper for a trip I had planned for several months. Anyway... like I said just posting the TSB for others to see...which Ford felt like was a significant issue and we as consumers dont always get to see.
I think you’re right, there could/should be a transmission thread just for touch base stuff like TSBs for those that may have or feel like they could be having an issue. My transmission feels great, but I have less than 1000 miles on my truck, but because of this site, there are a few things I’ve paid very close attention to.

And, you’re also correct that this thread isn’t the place, frankly because it opened in a very passive/aggressive way and almost immediately went the wrong way. It was great to see the mods clean it up to get things back on track.

MB

The Ram mega cab has got to be the same length as a Ford 250/350 in similar spec, right? The Ford Tremor trucks (crew cab, 6 ft 9 inch bed) are 11 inches longer than the regular crew cab Ram 2500 - at least this is true when compared to the Power Wagon. The PW has a smaller second row than the Ford, and a shorter bed (6 feet 4 inches). I’m not saying one is better or worse, it just depends what you prioritize: more space or better turning radius / maneuverability. I’ve never looked at a Ram mega cab, does it add more than 11 inches in overall length?
Haven't looked it up but guessing it does add 10-12" to the length of a standard crew cab.

Haven't looked it up but guessing it does add 10-12" to the length of a standard crew cab.
Yep all cab length. Back seat leg room in mega then equals Ford. But you gain extra 8” of storage behind seat in the Mega.

Back