Granger Ford saves the Summer

Cglenn

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 super duty tremor
Short story is as a life long Ford owner of over 38 years and well close to two dozen new Ford vehicles I finally decided to order EXACTLY the new Super Duty I wanted back at the first of February. I went to a very large, high volume/allocation dealership here in Houston for what I perceived as my best chance for a reasonable 6 month wait time. Well after not so good communications and my dealer steering me away from some “commodity constraints” my order was placed, just like everyone else here and the waxing game commenced. Then the communication from Ford started “Sorry for the delay due to XYZ”, “No scheduling this week”(this was a frequent occurrence), “Sorry we are going to build your 6.7 without this PM sensor”, “Sorry we know you ordered a Platinum but we’re not gonna build it with the multi-contour seats please sign this acknowledgment”. This was the final straw for me as I honestly could not have any level of confidence whatsoever that my truck would even be built let alone be in some recognizable configuration. I unfortunately had placed myself in a dilemma as I could not be potentially without a truck into October if not into 23 off for some reason the 22’s were not all able to be built for commodity reasons.

I called Granger Ford on a wild goose chase for the elusive Super Duty. The ONLY REASON I even knew Granger existed was this forum and @zach@granger. Hell I didn’t even really know where Iowa was as I was bad in geography back in the day! Or only were they very courteous and prompt but they actually had a Super Duty Tremor ripe for the picking!! What ? Could it really be? Certainly it was hot pink with a 6.2L gasser and no options. Wrong it wasn’t the color I had originally wanted but hey I think I will love Carbonized Gray, it is the 6.7 that I wanted and while not equipped exactly like I want it is definitely gonna be awesome. Now back to Granger, the deposit was super easy I had to lock this beast in, financing I had already locked in with my bank so that box was check but wait Granger actually got me a better rate than the already great rate I had !! Now for the long trip to go pick her up. Am I nervous to fly into Iowa on a holiday weekend just a few ours before Granger closes? Heck yea! But my salesman even said he could pick us up at the airport! What happens if I find issues in my delivery inspection, I am over 1000 miles from home!! Well, Granger told me if by some rare chance they missed something during their PDI that it could be addressed by any Ford dealer(LETS HOPE THERE IS NOTHING)

I will report back on the delivery experience when I get home Monday but so far the experience has been great with Tyler(sales), and Tyler(finance). The bar has been set so I am sure that the balance of the process will be seamless.

Thank you Granger Ford @zach@granger for saving my Summer and putting me in a Tremor

Awesome. I should call to ask if there’s anything there instead of waiting for my MY22-1/2 platinum seat delete model.

That i
Awesome. I should call to ask if there’s anything there instead of waiting for my MY22-1/2 platinum seat delete model.
That I s EXACTLY what I did

Cliff notes version: Granger is awesome!

Short story is as a life long Ford owner of over 38 years and well close to two dozen new Ford vehicles I finally decided to order EXACTLY the new Super Duty I wanted back at the first of February. I went to a very large, high volume/allocation dealership here in Houston for what I perceived as my best chance for a reasonable 6 month wait time. Well after not so good communications and my dealer steering me away from some “commodity constraints” my order was placed, just like everyone else here and the waxing game commenced. Then the communication from Ford started “Sorry for the delay due to XYZ”, “No scheduling this week”(this was a frequent occurrence), “Sorry we are going to build your 6.7 without this PM sensor”, “Sorry we know you ordered a Platinum but we’re not gonna build it with the multi-contour seats please sign this acknowledgment”. This was the final straw for me as I honestly could not have any level of confidence whatsoever that my truck would even be built let alone be in some recognizable configuration. I unfortunately had placed myself in a dilemma as I could not be potentially without a truck into October if not into 23 off for some reason the 22’s were not all able to be built for commodity reasons.

I called Granger Ford on a wild goose chase for the elusive Super Duty. The ONLY REASON I even knew Granger existed was this forum and @zach@granger. Hell I didn’t even really know where Iowa was as I was bad in geography back in the day! Or only were they very courteous and prompt but they actually had a Super Duty Tremor ripe for the picking!! What ? Could it really be? Certainly it was hot pink with a 6.2L gasser and no options. Wrong it wasn’t the color I had originally wanted but hey I think I will love Carbonized Gray, it is the 6.7 that I wanted and while not equipped exactly like I want it is definitely gonna be awesome. Now back to Granger, the deposit was super easy I had to lock this beast in, financing I had already locked in with my bank so that box was check but wait Granger actually got me a better rate than the already great rate I had !! Now for the long trip to go pick her up. Am I nervous to fly into Iowa on a holiday weekend just a few ours before Granger closes? Heck yea! But my salesman even said he could pick us up at the airport! What happens if I find issues in my delivery inspection, I am over 1000 miles from home!! Well, Granger told me if by some rare chance they missed something during their PDI that it could be addressed by any Ford dealer(LETS HOPE THERE IS NOTHING)

I will report back on the delivery experience when I get home Monday but so far the experience has been great with Tyler(sales), and Tyler(finance). The bar has been set so I am sure that the balance of the process will be seamless.

Thank you Granger Ford @zach@granger for saving my Summer and putting me in a Tremor
Curious what was the finance rate you got ? Best rate ford is offering is 4.99 I was told

Back