GPS Speed limit dispay

I've noticed in the general DFW area that the speed limits shown in the navi are accurate most of the time. But not always. There's an FM road near my place that was expanded recently. It went from a posted speed limit of 55 to 50. It was done in two phases. The truck navi knows about the first expansion by giving it a speed limit of 50. It didn't know of the 2nd expansion by giving it a 55. To be fair, Google maps is still a bit ditzy, giving a section of that a speed limit of 35.

Yes. This is my point. I got a ticket for relying on my 2021 vehicle that is showing me speed limits from years ago. I'm not blaming this because I'm sure I missed the actual sign, but I would expect a more up to date information. Thank you for sharing.
I wonder will this speed stuff be updated with 23MY with the Ford-Google 6 year data deal. Google maps will be available as the gps.

If my super duty can read a road sign I'll kiss your ass in Macy's window. Not happening in this prehistoric truck that still uses Sync3.

While I agree that it probably doesnt read the road signs it does have some fairly sophisticated image processing in the camera above the rear view mirror so it wouldnt be that far fetched. Lane assist can detect lines on the road and supposedly if a person or car is in your path it will slam on the brakes. I admit I havent tested or experienced the pre collision so it may not work worth a damn...

This is why I just use my phone on Google Maps for Navigation.
Their Little Car is CONSTANTlY running around the Houston-Metro area gathering data & doing updates to their database in REAL-Time.

AND , Gōōgle also now owns WAZE, so any real-time data shared by WAZE users is also shared to any Google Maps users in Real-Time as well.
As always YMMV, but it has worked spectacularly for me‼️ ✌?????

Interesting thing I read about the new F150, I'm sure this will be on the next redesigned SD. Big brother is expanding his reach ...

Active Drive Assist Driver Facing Camera Data
If active drive assist is active in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, the system may record driver attentiveness, based on the direction of eyes and duration, and photographs of the driver seat area.
Note: No data is recorded under normal driving conditions.

@Jay D , they changed the speed limit from Nasa rd1-the causeway on November 1, i know this because i got a ticket for 70 in a 55 on 11/2 (la marque cops are running regular speed traps).... what i see in difference is my speedo is actually 1mph faster than what i am actually going...

in TIki when i am not in New Orleans, nice to see another tremor in Galveston

I believe it is GPS or Pre programmed info. A few years ago I installed and aftermarket Kenwood deck with GPS in it. Original truck did not have a GPS system. It displayed the MPH of each street on the screen. Maybe it is different today but I don’t think these trucks are reading road signs but I could definitely be wrong.

Interesting thing I read about the new F150, I'm sure this will be on the next redesigned SD. Big brother is expanding his reach ...

Active Drive Assist Driver Facing Camera Data
If active drive assist is active in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an airbag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, the system may record driver attentiveness, based on the direction of eyes and duration, and photographs of the driver seat area.
Note: No data is recorded under normal driving conditions.
This is why I don't really want a Super Duty based off the tech in the new F150. I like some technical goodies, yes, but of what benefit is it to YOU that the truck takes videos/pictures of you in the event of an accident? HINT: its so your insuranceand the police can determine fault, and your ins. company can drop you in the event of you being inattentive in an accident.

@Jay D , they changed the speed limit from Nasa rd1-the causeway on November 1, i know this because i got a ticket for 70 in a 55 on 11/2 (la marque cops are running regular speed traps).... what i see in difference is my speedo is actually 1mph faster than what i am actually going...

in TIki when i am not in New Orleans, nice to see another tremor in Galveston
Yeah.. Texas City has got me twice right before Bucees, and this time they got me on 146 by Hillman's.. We're basically neighbors it sounds like lol. I just moved from Santa Fe to League City area.

Today while using android auto Google maps that the speed limit was 35, but the cluster showed 45, maybe these two aren't connected which makes it even more confusing.

Guess I won't be trusting my Tremor's display then. My Volvo definitely uses a camera and it updates as soon as a sign gets close.

it definitely work's off of GPS data any time I go on a military post or brand new road the speed limit disappears. The incorrect speed limits are just improperly reported data points.

If you are really curious you could cover all the forward facing cameras up and see what it does. :D
My 2013 SHO does not have a front camera and it also displays speed limits on the navigation system.

I believe the Tremor is different. I pass a road sign every day that has been in the same location for over 12 years. It reads and has always read 50. My Tremor incorrectly states 55 mph before, while passing, and after passing the sign reading 50. If it uses cameras to determine the speed limit, they are horribly incorrect and need reprogrammed.
I present to you Exhibit A...Somebody got some splainin to do! Lol.
4686E14A-3E59-4B14-8156-B20C39400AA1.jpeg

This thread is very interesting .....but only because it is drawing any interest at all.........

look over there, my camera just picked up a dead horse !!!

This thread is very interesting .....but only because it is drawing any interest at all.........

look over there, my camera just picked up a dead horse !!!
It started of with a valid concern ????

Back