Fukin Tuned - FT18 - Throttle Response Controller

Leadmic

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 CC SB Tremor

Does anyone have experience with the​

Fukin Tuned - FT18 - Throttle Response Controller with a 2022 7.3L? I'm wondering how well it works with the 10R140G skipping shifts.​

Younger gear heads I bet like and or don’t mind bold company names. Obviously to the broader public you might lose some interest.

Fukin Tuned - FT18 - Throttle Response Controller with a 2022 7.3L? I'm wondering how well it works with the 10R140G skipping shifts.​

I used 5 Star Tuning, trust me your transmission will thank you after lol

Not only have I never heard of it. It looks like a pedal commander clone. Even comes in a similar box. It also has nothing to do with the transmission system.

Not only have I never heard of it. It looks like a pedal commander clone. Even comes in a similar box. It also has nothing to do with the transmission system.
Why would you say it dosent affect the transmission? No, it's not connected to the transmission, but peddle position has a direct effect on shift points and gear selection.

I used 5 Star Tuning, trust me your transmission will thank you after lol
I would go 5-star, but I want to keep my warranty. I had a 5-star on my 2011 and liked it a lot, but I bought that truck used and out of warranty.

why someone would name their company “fukin tuned” is beyond me. Not the greatest marketing strategy.
I agree the name is not a great choice, but it has some good reviews and the price is hard to beat.

Why would you say it dosent affect the transmission? No, it's not connected to the transmission, but peddle position has a direct effect on shift points and gear selection.
They only control the speed of the throttle body opening.

They only control the speed of the throttle body opening.
They think it’s changing tranny because it shifts more aggressively but that’s due to the throttle being engaged faster. Same thing happens if you press on the pedal hard lol

Last edited:

If you want to get rid of the gear skipping, just put it in tow/haul mode. It’ll run through all 10 gears.

The throttle position is one of the inputs the PCM uses for gear selection. I thought this would be fairly obvious unless I had been wrong for 30 years as a lead fleet mechanic. I was looking for some first-hand experience with this product's effects on the crazy adaptive tranny software Ford is using on these trucks.

Back