Fram PH2 Filter

NOXCUSE

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
1971 Datsun 240Z
Bought a Fram PH2 filter for my 7.3L today and was wondering if I should buy a more expensive one, cost $4.88 at Home Depot of all places. I plan on using Mobil 1 5W30 EP Truck & SUV oil with my truck and was looking at Napa’s Platinum filter as well ($14.99). Any thoughts?

Never use fram for anything. Is their a reason you're being cheap and not buying motorcraft filters on your very expensive truck?

Never use fram for anything. Is their a reason you're being cheap and not buying motorcraft filters on your very expensive truck?
No not at all, returning it tomorrow, when I type in FL 820S on walmart/amazon says its not compatible, weird!!! Autozone says it is compatible.

Yeah I would run not the orange can of death for an oil filter. Run wix, Baldwin, motor craft or Napa gold which is a wix. Any 5w30 will work as long as it meets the ford specs (wss-m2c961-a1) listed in the manual. I’m pretty sure Mobil 1 5w30 extended performance meets them. Fyi you can buy 5w30 motor craft syn blend from ok petroleum online for around $60 a case.

No not at all, returning it tomorrow, when I type in FL 820S on walmart/amazon says it’s not compatible, weird!!! Autozone says it is compatible.
Fl820s motor craft is the filter, buy a case at rock auto. I got them for a blowout of $2 per filter almost 2 years ago.

When I was in high school (few years ago) I worked at an auto parts place (Parts Plus) we cut new oil filters in half to see the differences. FRAM was pretty minimal when it came to filtration. I tended to use WIX or OEM after that - always.

Kirkland Signature 5w30 full synthetic from Costco. It meets all of Ford's speculations. It currently costs $37.99 for 10 quarts.
I only use the Motorcraft 820S. It's at Walmart for like $3.99. With the synthetic oil I change at 7,500 mile intervals.

Kirkland Signature 5w30 full synthetic from Costco. It meets all of Ford's speculations. It currently costs $37.99 for 10 quarts.
I only use the Motorcraft 820S. It's at Walmart for like $3.99. With the synthetic oil I change at 7,500 mile intervals.
About $4 a quart, thats a good value. I’ve been debating on switching to Kirkland when my hoard of motor craft oil runs out. I can’t remember who makes the Kirkland oil, but I’ve read good reviews on bib is the oil guy.

About $4 a quart, thats a good value. I’ve been debating on switching to Kirkland when my hoard of motor craft oil runs out. I can’t remember who makes the Kirkland oil, but I’ve read good reviews on bib is the oil guy.
When I first bought it in January of 2021 it was $27.99 for 10 quarts. Joeflation!

This^^^^^^.

Motorcraft filters at Walmart close in price or go WIX from parts store.

I have heard many bad stories about Fram filters.

Have seen more cars at auctions with bad motors with Fram oil filters or penzsoil windshield stickers to not run either.

WIX is the only filter I'll use on my antiques. Air, oil, fuel, etc.
Fram is notoriously the worst you can buy.

did the research when i first got raptor back in the day, ended up going with wix xp. i buy about 6 at a time. luckily, the 6.2 used same filter as 7.3, so i was able to keep using ones i already had. if you have access to the napa golds i think those are wix too. never heard of napa platinum tho. regardless, i just use wix xp.

Back