Forward-Facing Camera

davidlgibbs

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 Tremor
Is it possible to add a forward-facing camera to a 2022 F-250 Lariat Tremor Edition? I don't recall seeing it as an option when I ordered the truck, but have noticed that Raptors (which I assume have the same infotainment head unit) have forward-facing cameras. I'd love to add one. I have the rear-facing bed camera in addition to the backup camera. I'd prefer not to have to disable that, or can a switch be installed so you can activate the bed camera, and then using a separate switch, switch between the two?? Just thinking how helpful that would be once the front is leveled and figuring out where the bumper is gets that much worse!!

It’s the 360 camera option I believe.
Yep, the front camera is part of the 360 degree camera system. That system is a part of the Pro Trailer Backup Assist package (can't get them separate). I've ordered Pro Trailer Backup Assist with my 2022 order precisely for the cameras, and based on some other threads the cameras are highly worth it. :D

I did a lot of research before I ordered the truck last year, but I totally missed the boat on this! I did find another threat on this forum about forward-facing cameras but it was pretty discouraging in terms of being able to retrofit it - it's a ton more-than just adding the camera and plugging it into the existing harness that's on my truck. Thinking a small additional screen system may be best. I have the bed camera which is apparently in lieu of the 360 system since I didn't order that.

Is it possible to add a forward-facing camera to a 2022 F-250 Lariat Tremor Edition? I don't recall seeing it as an option when I ordered the truck, but have noticed that Raptors (which I assume have the same infotainment head unit) have forward-facing cameras. I'd love to add one. I have the rear-facing bed camera in addition to the backup camera. I'd prefer not to have to disable that, or can a switch be installed so you can activate the bed camera, and then using a separate switch, switch between the two?? Just thinking how helpful that would be once the front is leveled and figuring out where the bumper is gets that much worse!!
I think this is what you maybe looking for.

Back