FORScan for 2020's

Caution
I change the settings for Tire Size on Monday and my truck had 2 codes after I did this. I was instructed to make an appointment with a dealership near. I went in today and they found that my BCM and PCM are both fried and need to be replaced. Ordered both will be in next week. So for $2,659.00 I can live with my Speedometer off 4 MPH.

Just out of curiosity, what value did you change it to? And did you change it in "Plain English" or the address?

Caution
I change the settings for Tire Size on Monday and my truck had 2 codes after I did this. I was instructed to make an appointment with a dealership near. I went in today and they found that my BCM and PCM are both fried and need to be replaced. Ordered both will be in next week. So for $2,659.00 I can live with my Speedometer off 4 MPH.
highly unlikely.
the MIL and codes are very common after changing the tire size.
you have to run a PCM and TCM (if diesel) after changing the values, then clear the fault codes

Plain English to 2951mm
what size are you trying to program for? 2951 seems very high
2800 seems to be about the max value the truck will accept
and you need to be using forscan version 2.3.41 or older

Last edited:
Have there been any updates to the spreadsheet and what can be done in the last year or so? I messed around with this after first getting my 2020, but haven't thought about it much since. Where can I find the latest version of the spreadsheet?

I tried changing the splash screen to the Ford Performance splash screen but it doesn’t change. It still shows the Ford. Any suggestions?

Have there been any updates to the spreadsheet and what can be done in the last year or so? I messed around with this after first getting my 2020, but haven't thought about it much since. Where can I find the latest version of the spreadsheet?
Id like to know this too

I tried changing the splash screen to the Ford Performance splash screen but it doesn’t change. It still shows the Ford. Any suggestions?
I did mine a while back following this youtube video....

Here's my build thread write up:

When I am trying to reset my tire pressures I am getting an error.

I set the values and then click write and then it starts scrolling through the
options

No changes in block 1, skipped
No changes in block 2, skipped
No changes in block 3, skipped
No changes in block 4, skipped
No changes in block 5, skipped
No changes in block 6, skipped
No changes in block 7, skipped
No changes in block 8, skipped
No changes in block 9, skipped
The vehicle conditions are incorrect
Service procedure has been interrupted

Any ideas on where it is getting hung up at?
Its the newest version or forscan and the TPMS values are the only thing I am trying to change.

When I am trying to reset my tire pressures I am getting an error.

I set the values and then click write and then it starts scrolling through the
options

No changes in block 1, skipped
No changes in block 2, skipped
No changes in block 3, skipped
No changes in block 4, skipped
No changes in block 5, skipped
No changes in block 6, skipped
No changes in block 7, skipped
No changes in block 8, skipped
No changes in block 9, skipped
The vehicle conditions are incorrect
Service procedure has been interrupted

Any ideas on where it is getting hung up at?
Its the newest version or forscan and the TPMS values are the only thing I am trying to change.
Did you make the changes in the plain English file? I just changed the values from 80 or whatever it was from the factory to 50 front and rear. I know some spreadsheets tell you to do it in the As Built file, but that wasn't necessary for mine.

Ed

Also, the tpms on the dash is also
Did you make the changes in the plain English file? I just changed the values from 80 or whatever it was from the factory to 50 front and rear. I know some spreadsheets tell you to do it in the As Built file, but that wasn't necessary for mine.

Ed
yes sir, in the body control module file, non “as built” version.

That stumps me. I messed a bit with it in the as built and had issues (resolved when I went back to factory values) but when I did the english, it was a double click on the number, type 50 and write. Maybe someone else has more insights.

Sorry for your troubles.

Ed

Ed
Same with mine. I set my to 25

If you are using v2.3.54 you can uninstall and go back to v2.3.53 or a prior release and see if that works.

@Rock Taxi @MCRTREMOR what version are you guys running? I haven't made any changes recently and am probably on either 49 or 50 still...

If you are using v2.3.54 you can uninstall and go back to v2.3.53 or a prior release and see if that works.

@Rock Taxi @MCRTREMOR what version are you guys running? I haven't made any changes recently and am probably on either 49 or 50 still...
Good idea. I will try that right quick!

Nope, I went back to v2.3.53 and same error at the same spot.

Nope, I went back to v2.3.53 and same error at the same spot.
Hmm... what OBD interface are you using?

When you start Forscan you can also say "no" when it asks to load an existing profile. That will force a refresh of the modules.

If the English version mapping was messed up on the later releases for some reason trying it in As-Built is the direct way of making the change. If you want to try that I can help with the correct entry.

When you start Forscan you can also say "no" when it asks to load an existing profile. That will force a refresh of the modules.

If the English version mapping was messed up on the later releases for some reason trying it in As-Built is the direct way of making the change. If you want to try that I can help with the correct entry.

I can’t remember what exact interface I am using but it was one of the good Bluetooth recommendations. Mx plus or something? I’ll have to go check it out.

It worked about a year ago when I turned off the double honk but now something is the matter.

Your comment about loading existing profile is interesting. I keep saying yes, maybe I need to tell it no and let it refresh like you mention.

I might try it again after diner, too many projects right now, trying to build some overhead fan units for the roof of the SXS right now. 😜

OK so you were on to something. I did no to load a profile and it all worked. I should have stopped with the tire pressure though cause I messed something up, hopefully you might be able to help me figure out what I need to do to fix it.

So i went into the tire circumference and changed it so that my speedo would be correct. Now i got a check engine light and a wrench shows up on the dash telling me to see manual :(. Any idea what I need to do there?

Latest Discussions

Back