DEAL FordTremor.com August 2021 Group Buy!

My Opinion....They are not better, as in quality. You can get aftermarket wheels in different widths and backspacings, designs and colors. The backspacings and offsets are what determine how much the wheel "sticks out" from under the fender. Some call this "poke".
Some people like the tire to stick out from under the fender, some don't. Other than this "look", there is no reason to change the factory wheels unless you want to install larger(wider) tires that won't properly fit the factory wheel or you just want something that looks a bit different from the stock wheel.

My Opinion....They are not better, as in quality. You can get aftermarket wheels in different widths and backspacings, designs and colors. The backspacings and offsets are what determine how much the wheel "sticks out" from under the fender. Some call this "poke".
Some people like the tire to stick out from under the fender, some don't. Other than this "look", there is no reason to change the factory wheels unless you want to install larger(wider) tires that won't properly fit the factory wheel.
Thank you. I'm quite content with my stock wheels and tires. I do not like that offset look. Seems tacky to me, but that is just my opinion.

Yes! Sign me up. I was just about to order some 305s.

Sign me up

Sign me up. Thanks!

Sign me up, but I also want to talk to Nick@Apollo-Optics before a commitment on this. If I pull the trigger, it’ll be my first time getting after market wheels for a truck! Who knew?!

Sign me up!

Sign me up!

SIGN ME UP

Thank you gents, you should all have PMs now! If not, please just send me a message directly and I'll be happy to help!

If someone could explain to me like I am 5 why these wheels are better/preferred than/over the stock wheels, that would be awesome.

Some people like the tire to stick out from under the fender, some don't. Other than this "look", there is no reason to change the factory wheels unless you want to install larger(wider) tires that won't properly fit the factory wheel or you just want something that looks a bit different from the stock wheel.

Excellent explanation here by @AMTRV. I will add one other thing, if you do level or lift the truck and want to run bigger tires, stock offset wheels will risk rubbing the radius arms with the larger tires and aftermarket wheels would be better than wheel spacers.

We also have some fitments that are only slightly more aggressive fitment than stock, for example the 18x9 +18 offset wheel will give you a different look while only sticking out 1.6" over stock.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

I can say I love the 701 HD wheel but don’t buy them, they are reserved for just a few of us!!View attachment 31377View attachment 31378
You know...they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

from what i've heard the quality of methods have gone down hill significantly. I guess the rims are made at a sub par shop in china. But I don't know this first hand this is just what I've heard from a couple different people in the industry. I had the method NV wheels on my raptor and had to replace one of the wheels because it cracked and method wouldn't warranty it. My raptor was only driven on the street, taken off-road maybe one or two times. I have innov8 wheels coming soon, why buy an 85,000 truck and put cheap wheels on it. Would you put some $300ea wheels on your Porsche or Mercedes?

from what i've heard the quality of methods have gone down hill significantly. I guess the rims are made at a sub par shop in china. But I don't know this first hand this is just what I've heard from a couple different people in the industry. I had the method NV wheels on my raptor and had to replace one of the wheels because it cracked and method wouldn't warranty it. My raptor was only driven on the street, taken off-road maybe one or two times. I have innov8 wheels coming soon, why buy an 85,000 truck and put cheap wheels on it. Would you put some $300ea wheels on your Porsche or Mercedes?

I considered Innov8 wheels but they all looked like clown wheels.

The FordTremor.com August 2021 Group Buy is now live! This month we've teamed up with Apollo-Optics.com to bring you a group buy on Method Wheels! FordTremor.com members will receive a special one time use 10% coupon code along with Free Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states!

Please check out all the Method Wheels available for the 2020+ Ford Superduty at: https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/wheels

If this is something you would be interested in, reply to this thread with "SIGN ME UP". I'll leave this thread open for 7 days and close the thread on August 27th. Once the sign up period is over, @Nick@ApolloOptics will be in contact with information on how to place your order.
sign me up ,thanks,

Crazy - I ran Methods on my old Tundra and I ran that truck hard, over all of the Baja stuff that a Raptor is built for.. I never had an issue. =\

Y'all don't want 317's .. You won't like'm .. :cool: :cool: ..
nothing to see here folks, just keep on walk'n ..

IMG_1854.jpg

Crud - I made a mistake and have to back out of this. I thought the 701s were available in an 18" diameter with a -12 offset, but I was wrong.

Unless someone is aware of a 35x12.5x17 tire that has an F2 load range I can't go to 17's, although I would like to.

I've run Methods on several Toyotas over many years.. I was going to avoid getting them for the Tremor, but maybe I should just do it. Unfortunately, I need a 0 or more negative offset, so it looks like the 701 in a -12 is the winner.

Sign me up.

I considered Innov8 wheels but they all looked like clown wheels.

Crazy - I ran Methods on my old Tundra and I ran that truck hard, over all of the Baja stuff that a Raptor is built for.. I never had an issue. =\

Crud - I made a mistake and have to back out of this. I thought the 701s were available in an 18" diameter with a -12 offset, but I was wrong.

Unless someone is aware of a 35x12.5x17 tire that has an F2 load range I can't go to 17's, although I would like to.

I've personally built Innov8 wheels from mild to wild. They now offer powder in addition to anodize, so we can do matte black wheel with a matte black center cap. Or their new anthracite finish which is a charcoal gray look. You can even do a smooth lip if you don't want the fake beadlock ring on them. The wheels are full custom so there's a ton of routes to go. I just did an all gold setup for one of our customer's for his 2021 Platinum F-250 getting a full Carli kit.

Here's an example of a milder set on our 2020 Raptor shop truck. Just some food for thought.

Rode of Road Clean FB WITH LOGO.jpg

Regarding your setup, you will need an 18" wheel to run an F-rated tire. I don't know of any 17" tires on the market that are F rated in the size you need. I know the Method offset won't work for you, but I do have the Icon Alloys Rebound HD in an 18x9 +6 offset, and they are HD level wheels with a 4000lb load rating.

Another honorable mention that may check the boxes for you are Raceline wheels. I've got numerous 18x9 -12 offset wheels from them with a 3650 load rating. Not sure if that is high enough for your intended purposes, but wanted to throw it out there.

I know they had issues at one point a few years ago, but I've never had any of our Raptor customers break a wheel. I've run Methods on our trucks before too without any issue. Not making excuses for them as clearly you did have a bad wheel, but I'm more inclined to believe that it was more of a one-off issue and not a typical problem.

sign me up ,thanks,
PM inbound.
Sign me up
PM inbound.
Y'all don't want 317's .. You won't like'm .. :cool: :cool: ..
nothing to see here folks, just keep on walk'n ..

View attachment 31789
Man, those look tough!

I've personally built Innov8 wheels from mild to wild. They now offer powder in addition to anodize, so we can do matte black wheel with a matte black center cap. Or their new anthracite finish which is a charcoal gray look. You can even do a smooth lip if you don't want the fake beadlock ring on them. The wheels are full custom so there's a ton of routes to go. I just did an all gold setup for one of our customer's for his 2021 Platinum F-250 getting a full Carli kit.

Here's an example of a milder set on our 2020 Raptor shop truck. Just some food for thought.

View attachment 31809

Regarding your setup, you will need an 18" wheel to run an F-rated tire. I don't know of any 17" tires on the market that are F rated in the size you need. I know the Method offset won't work for you, but I do have the Icon Alloys Rebound HD in an 18x9 +6 offset, and they are HD level wheels with a 4000lb load rating.

Another honorable mention that may check the boxes for you are Raceline wheels. I've got numerous 18x9 -12 offset wheels from them with a 3650 load rating. Not sure if that is high enough for your intended purposes, but wanted to throw it out there.

I know they had issues at one point a few years ago, but I've never had any of our Raptor customers break a wheel. I've run Methods on our trucks before too without any issue. Not making excuses for them as clearly you did have a bad wheel, but I'm more inclined to believe that it was more of a one-off issue and not a typical problem.

PM inbound.

PM inbound.

Man, those look tough!

Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful response. I actually have been leaning toward some Raceline Gauge wheels in an 18x9 +0 or the Scout in an 18x9 -12

I'm not a fan of Fuel wheels. Wish KMC made SD wheels (not XD).

I don't want to steal this thread, but I'd be interested to see your pricing on the Racelines. I'll send you a DM.

I had been planning on ordering the whe

Latest Discussions

Back