Ford Tremor Upfitter Switches

I’ll probably just switch them on and off for fun. I like em that much.
My 2 year old really loves playing with them as well. It was worth it for that alone. Will eventually be used for front/rear aux lights and rear DVD for the wee one.

Planning so far:

- Rear backup lights mounted under bumper
- ARB Compressor mounted up under on frame rail
- Some Boogey Lights just because

Don’t really have any plans for light bars at this point unless I mount behind grill somehow or Rigid comes out with a nice looking one. If I end up doing an overland rack on roof, I’ll add some side spots and maybe a front bar.

Are the factory roof marker lights on one of the switches if ordered? If not they should be...perfect spot for them to be toggled.

Are the factory roof marker lights on one of the switches if ordered? If not they should be...perfect spot for them to be toggled.
they are wired to the normal lights... they are on at all times ... no switch to turn off if lights are on

Could easily intercept the power signal to them I’d think using an Upfitter switch.

Yeah, that sounds like the ticket. I'll have to look into doing that. I don't really like the fact they always come on with headlights.

Yeah, that sounds like the ticket. I'll have to look into doing that. I don't really like the fact they always come on with headlights.
A should be easy. Just find the + signal wire for them, cut it, and hook light side to Upfitter box to which ever switch you want.

I constantly hit my upfitters with sunshade. Sometimes I don't know I've switched them on, not that i have anything on them yet. I'm surprised that they don't have an aftermarket part like what this person made on another Ford Truck Enthusiast forum.

1597683331780.png

1597683350432.png

I constantly hit my upfitters with sunshade. Sometimes I don't know I've switched them on, not that i have anything on them yet. I'm surprised that they don't have an aftermarket part like what this person made on another Ford Truck Enthusiast forum.

View attachment 3767

View attachment 3768
I’ve never hit my switches doing moonroof. However, these look pretty cool if they were a little lower profile and thinner.

View attachment 3767

View attachment 3768
I used to hit the upfitter switches on my 2015 (the ones pictured above) by accident but not in the new truck. The switches in my ‘15 were located down at the bottom of the dash, just above the center console and I’d catch them with my phone when I went to pick it up.

Funny I flick them on when getting out my sunglasses.

But I do hope to run some lights to get 360 degrees for nighttime off-road.

Exactly, I wish they were a bit more stiff...more positive feeling. I hit them on when swinging around my damn sunshade...and I had no idea until later. Not really a fan of that. Sunglasses same thing.

Back