First Atlas Blue seen in the wild!

B

BlueKilla

Not mine but saw this one on Ford Trucks forum, I dig it! Should look real good with the tremor package vs. base Lariat.
98427fb9_8cf2_405f_941e_b484a19f6c92_2c38b60ba38838b64eed62bcc37181e2d1ac9239.jpeg

I dunno... it certainly doesn't stand out in any way, so I'm sure it'll be a popular "safe" color for dealers to order (like Blue Jeans Metallic was)

that was my thought, it looks nice and all but it’s certainly nothing out of the ordinary like Velocity was

Looks nothing like the rendering on Ford's site...interesting.

I’ve found that to be the case with a lot of their colors. when I build my carbonized gray on the site it’s way darker than the color is in person, and the dark marsala interior isn’t even close. you’d think they would make an effort to correct that because it could be a pretty big deal when someone orders a vehicle and it shows up looking way different from what they expected.

I’ve found that to be the case with a lot of their colors. when I build my carbonized gray on the site it’s way darker than the color is in person, and the dark marsala interior isn’t even close. you’d think they would make an effort to correct that because it could be a pretty big deal when someone orders a vehicle and it shows up looking way different from what they expected.
Yep, I ordered a Deep Impact Blue GT350 in 2016 and it was much brighter in the rendering than in person. Also more purple in person when the rendering showed none. Luckily I still really liked it.

Yep, I ordered a Deep Impact Blue GT350 in 2016 and it was much brighter in the rendering than in person. Also more purple in person when the rendering showed none. Luckily I still really liked it.

I loved deep impact blue, I had a sonic blue 2004 Mustang GT when I was in high school and couldn’t decide between the two of those which I liked better.

when they first released articles about the 2022 SD one of the trucks they shot was this Atlas Blue Limited, I think it looks quite a bit brighter and more metallic in this than it does in the OP, just a low quality picture perhaps

Attachments

• C68A4630-3B3C-4EF0-9745-75CB005154F3.jpeg
    C68A4630-3B3C-4EF0-9745-75CB005154F3.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 97
I drove by my local dealer that had an atlas blue explorer on the lot. It does look a lot better in person in my opinion. Also depends on the light.
A98284B0-999A-46AF-A875-A77BBA4B1F47.jpeg
2286D35F-C315-4E74-9DE6-8294F3F34B31.jpeg

Looks Lame and ho hum to me.. Velocity with the blackout is money
To each their own. 👍🏻 I always thought the velocity was way too bright. I ordered the Atlas Blue because I liked that it was darker.

It’s ok but why did they get rid of velocity for that. And more importantly why did I order that. I hope it looks better in person. Looks like blue jeans.
When I first heard about the Tremor being announced back in March of ‘19, Job #1 was going to have the Velocity Blue as the premiere color in the Press releases and the Brochures (and it was). It was meant to be a “limited” introductory color and not beyond the ‘20 model year vehicles. As we all know now, Velocity Blue survived the cut and was offered into the ‘21 models and then dropped for ‘22. My Dealer told me that due to the reduction of vehicle builds because of covid (and the popularity of Velocity Blue), they held it over for the ‘21 Build.

When I placed the order for my F-350 Tremor, I didn’t really care for the look of the Velocity Blue in the marketing ads and brochures (it looked like pale blue metallic), so I went with the Blue Jeans. A week later, a Blue Jeans and a Velocity Blue F-250 XLT (non-Tremors) hit the lot. When I saw them, I liked it a lot better than the way it looked in print, so I changed my order to the Velocity Blue and never looked back.

I get compliments on the Velocity Blue color of my Tremor all the time! They come from a mixture of all ages from teens up to seniors! Sure, a few have asked me, “why did you pick that color?”, but they all agree on what an awesome looking truck the Tremor is! 😉

After much deliberation I changed my order from star white to rapid red to grey to atlas blue, and then I got a build date. Pretty happy with this color, got the Lariat blackout package too.. Hopefully one day I actually get it. =]

When I first heard about the Tremor being announced back in March of ‘19, Job #1 was going to have the Velocity Blue as the premiere color in the Press releases and the Brochures (and it was). It was meant to be a “limited” introductory color and not beyond the ‘20 model year vehicles. As we all know now, Velocity Blue survived the cut and was offered into the ‘21 models and then dropped for ‘22. My Dealer told me that due to the reduction of vehicle builds because of covid (and the popularity of Velocity Blue), they held it over for the ‘21 Build.

When I placed the order for my F-350 Tremor, I didn’t really care for the look of the Velocity Blue in the marketing ads and brochures (it looked like pale blue metallic), so I went with the Blue Jeans. A week later, a Blue Jeans and a Velocity Blue F-250 XLT (non-Tremors) hit the lot. When I saw them, I liked it a lot better than the way it looked in print, so I changed my order to the Velocity Blue and never looked back.

I get compliments on the Velocity Blue color of my Tremor all the time! They come from a mixture of all ages from teens up to seniors! Sure, a few have asked me, “why did you pick that color?”, but they all agree on what an awesome looking truck the Tremor is! 😉
I agree, it seems Ford tweaked the Velocity Blue color in marketing material, it always looked sort of like teal on the website, and nothing really like the color in real life. Weird flex by Ford.

Back