Factory Tremor Shock Life

Mine on my 22 lasted about 7000 miles and they had to change all 4. Then I only put another 6k on those before getting the 23.

What I can tell you is that you won't realize how bad the stock shocks really are until you replace them, I don't care if it's right away or later. When I replaced mine I was overwhelmed at the improvement in handling. It is without ANY doubt the single absolute most significant modification I have done. Next was the tires, and the two together is just so enjoyable.
my suspension is stock and it's going to stay that way, what shocks did you go with ? thanks

My rears got clunky within 5000 miles. I went ahead and just replaced all 4 with bilstein 5100's. Ive put another 15k miles on it since and still love the way the truck handles.

I put Bilsteins all around my Tremor and the sound went away. After reading the forms I didn’t see any point in having the same crappy shocks put back on over and over again.

on my 2nd warranty set now at 18k miles see how long these ones last. then its FOX 2.0 for me. Main reason I go with fox is because I like how they ride Vs. the 5100 and the Fox 2.0 are rebuildable, the Billstein 5100 is not.

on my 2nd warranty set now at 18k miles see how long these ones last. then its FOX 2.0 for me. Main reason I go with fox is because I like how they ride Vs. the 5100 and the Fox 2.0 are rebuildable, the Billstein 5100 is not.
I went with fox reservoir cause I like the way the look!!! I'm very serious!!

Mine lasted 50k and were all bad (several with no rebound). I do tow, haul and traverse some ruff roads/fields during hunting and fishing season. The truck is also loaded down constantly.

what do you notice in ride quality between the fox 2.0 and the bilstein 5100 ? have you tried both ?

what do you notice in ride quality between the fox 2.0 and the bilstein 5100 ? have you tried both ?
I had the FOX 2.0 on my 2020 F-150 and I really liked them over the stock FX4 shocks. but no, I haven't tried both the 2.0 and the 5100 on the same vehicle. I did however talk with one of the experts at shock surplus online and he did tell me the 5100 would be a firmer ride better for towing and handling whereas the Fox 2.0 would be a bit softer ride soaking up rock chatter and washboard better also the rebuildable part was huge for me as I live in the extreme arctic. A neighbor of mine is running the 5100 on his 3500 Cummins Ram and they ride night and day better than the factory shocks but that's comparing apples to onions with my F-250 Tremor gasser.

Get the best of both worlds and go with Fox 2.0 adjustables:

1708705004073.png

IMO the 2.5's are too expensive unless you are a baja racer. These shocks have been great and are fully rebuildable. I went with Accutune.

Im still on the stock tremor shocks at 10.000 miles and am very happy with them. How long will they last and what's next is yet to be determined. If I get 50,000 miles out of them I may go back with stock tremor, but I doubt it because of the cost.

Im still on the stock tremor shocks at 10.000 miles and am very happy with them. How long will they last and what's next is yet to be determined. If I get 50,000 miles out of them I may go back with stock tremor, but I doubt it because of the cost.
Your only happy with them because you don't know what a good set feels like. I can say this because I was like you before I finally made the switch. Absolutely incredible difference is all I can say.

Would you be rebuilding them yourself? I’ve heard horror stories about how long it takes fox to rebuild a shock. This was mostly under a warranty claim though.

Mine lasted 1300 miles on my 24 until I went with the 5100s. Truck feels much more controlled with a significantly less bouncy feel.

Would you be rebuilding them yourself? I’ve heard horror stories about how long it takes fox to rebuild a shock. This was mostly under a warranty claim though.
AccuTune is certified to do this and has a ~2 week turnaround including shipping. One of the main reasons I bought from them (the other being custom tune). I kept my factory shocks, which are still in great shape, to swap back in when the time comes.

I'm amazed you got 10k out of them.

Yes. I've rebuilt lots of shocks in my time.

great info !! thank you guy's.

Get the best of both worlds and go with Fox 2.0 adjustables:

View attachment 145831

IMO the 2.5's are too expensive unless you are a baja racer. These shocks have been great and are fully rebuildable. I went with Accutune.
are these fairly easy to install ? is there a good place to mount the reservoir ? are they reservoir front and rear ? are they direct bolt on to a stock tremor ?

Latest Discussions

Back