Exhaust for the 7.3 Godzilla

How about a bump on this thread........................

Looking for any feedback from those who have gone with the MBRP system and tow with this system.

Any issues with getting too loud or drone under towing???

How about a bump on this thread........................

Looking for any feedback from those who have gone with the MBRP system and tow with this system.

Any issues with getting too loud or drone under towing???
I'm not happy with the system at all. The drone is surprisingly loud, given how the exhaust note sounds outside the vehicle. I'm waiting for an impact bedrug so see if it reduces drone to a tolerable level. If that doesn't help im either going to relocate the front hanger and go with their quiet muffler in 301 stainless or go with a completely different system.

If anybody in Chicago area wants to buy the 7.3 MBRP black let me know. I had one delivered that FedEx destroy the box and one of the black pipe sections had a couple scratches on it. I called them and they sent me a whole new system and told me just to keep the first. $250 and it’s yours, basically splitting the cost with you.

Has anyone deleted the stock resonator that remains ahead the MBRP system? I love the system but was wondering what difference it would make to remove it.

If anybody in Chicago area wants to buy the 7.3 MBRP black let me know. I had one delivered that FedEx destroy the box and one of the black pipe sections had a couple scratches on it. I called them and they sent me a whole new system and told me just to keep the first. $250 and it’s yours, basically splitting the cost with you.
Thats a great price, someone will score on MBRP black for $250. I purchased my 7.3 MBRP exhaust year and love it but paid $500. SO THIS IS A GREAT DEAL GUYS!!!

Thats a great price, someone will score on MBRP black for $250. I purchased my 7.3 MBRP exhaust year and love it but paid $500. SO THIS IS A GREAT DEAL GUYS!!!
I figured it would be a good deal. Half price for them and half price for me. Doesn’t look like anybody’s interested though. But it is the weekend.

Has anyone deleted the stock resonator that remains ahead the MBRP system? I love the system but was wondering what difference it would make to remove it.
I did and it was still way to much drone and overall annoying sound. I removed the MBRP and put the stock one back in, With that front resonator removed it does sound better than stock for sure. Light grumble.

Still can’t figure out how to post videos sound clips straight forums. Can anyone help?

I did and it was still way to much drone and overall annoying sound. I removed the MBRP and put the stock one back in, With that front resonator removed it does sound better than stock for sure. Light grumble.
You mean that small one right?

This sounds decent for minimal cost.

Sounds OK, but sure killed the flow with those crimped up bends. Guess he was just after the sound.

Sounds OK, but sure killed the flow with those crimped up bends. Guess he was just after the sound.
Sure did. Goes from 3 inch down to 2 inch at the bend. then to 3 inch again and back down to 2 inch at the bend before exiting a 3 inch.

Has anyone found a off the shelf setup that deletes the cats? I'm fine with swapping in some long tube headers.

Last edited:
Holy smokes, I just went through 15 pages and I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything with regard to performance gain or loss.

I'm hoping someone could chime in and provide feedback? From experience, when replacing the exhaust without aftermarket mods such as a supercharger, intake, etc...there is a significant and noticeable loss in low end power. Has anyone experienced this when just swapping out the exhaust?

Latest Discussions

Back