Drivers side rear seat back fold down?

Does anyone know if they made a change for 2022 so that the driver's side cannot be folded down? I cannot see or feel anything behind the driver's side section of the rear seat. I have fairly skinny arms, but can't get them behind the seat very far and certainly can't get them higher up at all. Looking from the passenger side with a flashlight, I don't see any hardware at all, nor can I feel anything.
Lift the seat base up a little and the top will come away from the window so you can see what your doing.

Does anyone know if they made a change for 2022 so that the driver's side cannot be folded down? I cannot see or feel anything behind the driver's side section of the rear seat. I have fairly skinny arms, but can't get them behind the seat very far and certainly can't get them higher up at all. Looking from the passenger side with a flashlight, I don't see any hardware at all, nor can I feel anything.
22 will open like before. Took a bit but I got it open and installed the built right thing. Closing it is WAY harder than opening it.

22 will open like before. Took a bit but I got it open and installed the built right thing. Closing it is WAY harder than opening it.
Interesting, this was by far the fastest and easiest mod I did. Maybe I just got lucky? That said, now that I know how little room I have, doubt it will get used much. It will make cleaning the rear windows easier though.

Interesting, this was by far the fastest and easiest mod I did. Maybe I just got lucky? That said, now that I know how little room I have, doubt it will get used much. It will make cleaning the rear windows easier though.
I’m in this same boat lol. Opened the rear seat, saw the space, said “whelp, might as well install it anyways”, installed the release, and haven’t opened it since.

Just not much space there with the factory sub and amp.

Had a new stereo system installed, so that’s where all the amps/processor was placed. Sub box next to it behind the passenger and part of the driver side also. Otherwise I wouldn’t have ever even bothered to deal with that.

It's amazing how much crap my little boys get back there. Plus, installing seat covers is much easier being able to fold it down. Plus 1 for the BuiltRight MOD.

Save yourself the headache and buy this. I’ve have it for 3 years on three different trucks. Make opening the seat as simple as the passenger side.

I put this in my 2012-F150 Ecoboost- SCREW, works great .

If you fold up the bottom of the seat it makes more room for your hand to reach back and find the latch.

Back