Drivers door lock intermittently works

coachhomer

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Sometimes when I push the keyfob it unlocks and sometimes it doesn't. Same with the interior lock/unlock button and the exterior keypad. But just the driver's door. And sometimes I will push the keypad and the tailgate will drop down but not unlock the vehicle. Any ideas?

Thanks!

C

My driver door actuator started to go out around 10k and was fully toast by 15k. BUT it made weird noises all along the way till it finally full died. That said, I never had the tailgate drop unless I pushed the button on the keypad to make it drop.

Mine started off intermittently and then went totally out, no remote or inside button and I took it in for warranty, see attached.

Attachments

• 20231020_PLITHIA.pdf
    642 KB · Views: 33
My drivers door lock actuator started going out right at the end of the initial factory warranty , I have the extended warranty with $100 deductible. With the time frames of getting the dealer to get it done I decided to do it myself because the part only cost about $45 or so. Well, it was a huge B—-h to take out and replace and get everything back in place correctly. Hindsight I would have paid the $100 to get it done if that covered everything.

Mine got to the point that when I thought the truck was locked I accidentally left my FOB in the house and was able to open the drivers door because the actuator actually never locked the door. That was a shocker so I ordered the part and dug into replacing it.

Pulling a thread necromancer and raising this from the dead.

Has anyone actually replaced this bastard themselves? My driver door died this week, and it was a $30 part. Got the door apart in just a few moments and then my skillset was depleted.

Quite annoying and my doors are different than a lot of the few videos I seen. Does the damn window legit need to come out? I only have one bolt holding the window rail in but it's what appears to be riveted at the top.
1714260058200.png

Pulling a thread necromancer and raising this from the dead.

Has anyone actually replaced this bastard themselves? My driver door died this week, and it was a $30 part. Got the door apart in just a few moments and then my skillset was depleted.

Quite annoying and my doors are different than a lot of the few videos I seen. Does the damn window legit need to come out? I only have one bolt holding the window rail in but it's what appears to be riveted at the top.
View attachment 154022
JTreadway, I feel for you man. I actually don't know as I too watched videos and could not make sense of it all. I dug in thinking it was simple but it was not. I ended up pulling the bottom of the window rail out of the way as much as possible and still had to pry the damn piece out and in. Cutting knuckles in the process. It took me several days of taking it apart and putting it back together to get it write. I even took apart the passenger side door to check to see if I was putting it back together properly. Patience and breaks might help but the bottom line for me was I did not want to remove the window so I had to really force the thing out and then back in..

It’s the actuator. Having owned a 03, 07, 11, 14, 17, 21, and now a 2022, the 2022 is the ONLY one I have not had to replace one or more actuators on. I know it will come with time. I buy mine off amazon and swap them out myself.

It’s the actuator. Having owned a 03, 07, 11, 14, 17, 21, and now a 2022, the 2022 is the ONLY one I have not had to replace one or more actuators on. I know it will come with time. I buy mine off amazon and swap them out myself.
Oh I'm aware mine is def the actuator. Getting the bastard our is where I'm stuck.

Drivers side door is by far the worst. Passenger door and rear doors it takes longer to get the door panel off than to replace them.

Drivers side door is by far the worst. Passenger door and rear doors it takes longer to get the door panel off than to replace them.
Seems like you've been down this path, do you have to take the window out? Looks like my door only had the bottom bolt holding the guide in and at the top I dont have that other bolt/nut to remove to get the metal guide out of the way to pull the whole assembly out. Took the door handle out and all.

I can get the door panels off pretty quickly, from when I did car stereo. That's def the easiest part lol

You do not have to get the window out. I have never removed a window. Granted, the guide is majorly in the way. If memory serves you can remove the lower bolt on that guide and get a tiny bit more room to work. You really have to rotate, turn, etc to get everything out and it is a really big pain on that door. I would assume if you took the window out that would free up a ton of room, but I have never been quite that brave.

Back