Driver side mirror doesn’t like the sun/heat

DIG

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Tremor
My mirrors work perfectly folding in/out in almost all weather conditions. Lately I’ve been noticing that if I park with the drivers side facing the sun my driver side mirror doesn’t want to fold in/out all the way. Any ideas? I’m guessing it is getting heated up and warped or something and doesn’t want to function properly.

I don't believe I can tie it directly to sun exposure, but I have issues with my driver's side moving at about 1/2 the speed of the passenger side. I didn't think much of it. If others are having issues with the same mirror though I wonder if there's something faulty with the motor or design of the causing it to run slow or, in your case, not run at all.

My mirrors work perfectly folding in/out in almost all weather conditions. Lately I’ve been noticing that if I park with the drivers side facing the sun my driver side mirror doesn’t want to fold in/out all the way. Any ideas? I’m guessing it is getting heated up and warped or something and doesn’t want to function properly.
If all else fails, this may be a solution. Read the comments below the product and see what other customers have said about upgrading the drive gears in their mirrors.

Noticed the same issue as well when we got warmer days couple weeks ago. Even with the batteries fully charged/truck running.

Applying silicone spray haphazardly improves it slightly for a bit.

Dealer ordered new mirror for similar issue on my 21.

Had the same mirror issue after the first year. It was always the driver's side, but I don't think it had to do with the sun/heat (even my South Florida heat) because it would happen at night and first thing in the morning. I started having to open the window and switch fold in the mirrors and then hit the switch again and apply some light pressure to help it fully unfold. It was random though, maybe 50% of the time, so it was hard for dealership to diagnose until they actually saw it happen in the service lane. They said there was something they ended up replacing and it's been working fine since.

Latest Discussions

Back