Dog Kennels

Alpine_otlw

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
MY22 F350 Lariat Tremor, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2020 F350 Lariat Tremor (SOLD), 2013 Ford Raptor (SOLD), 2020 Ford Explorer ST (SOLD)
Didn't really see any topics on this so I figured I'd throw it out there...

For those of you who have your pups riding in the box, what kennel.are you using?

I have one of those typical petsafe blue kennels which I use in the house (my boxer and retriever have separation anxiety), but for the truck they're just not ideal. I've been looking at the Gunner kennels but since my retriever is only 10 months old I've held out till he's fully grown.

We've got 2 Ruff Land Kennels that our dogs ride in on travel days and when they are in the truck. They are also small enough to fit inside the trailer if we had the need to kennel them inside for some reason. The Intermediate size is just right to fit 2 of them back to back across the back seat floor. I've got the seat folded up and have removed the under-seat storage tray.

We've also got the top trays so we can store bags, jackets, etc while we are out exploring as well as their leashes, water and food. When the dogs aren't with us we have some of the most secure grocery transport around. lol

I was using a kennel similar to the above. Looks like they changed names slightly. Mine was Ruff Tough kennels.

Love my Gunner Kennels. Have 3. Have one of their very first releases before they had back vents. Still looks great. They are HEAVY! If you move them in and out of your truck a lot they get old. If they live in the bed or in a camper shell you will love them.

Check out rayallen. They have some nice metal crates that are almost Malinois proof.

Love my Gunner Kennels. Have 3. Have one of their very first releases before they had back vents. Still looks great. They are HEAVY! If you move them in and out of your truck a lot they get old. If they live in the bed or in a camper shell you will love them.

Yeah I'm getting a GFC camper so the kennel will live in the box of the truck. I saw the posted weights on Gunners site and couldn't believe how heavy they are lol.

My retriever is 63lbs and 10 months old lol.. so that's my main hesitation on buying one. Idk if I need an intermediate or large kennel.

We've got 2 Ruff Land Kennels that our dogs ride in on travel days and when they are in the truck. They are also small enough to fit inside the trailer if we had the need to kennel them inside for some reason. The Intermediate size is just right to fit 2 of them back to back across the back seat floor. I've got the seat folded up and have removed the under-seat storage tray.

We've also got the top trays so we can store bags, jackets, etc while we are out exploring as well as their leashes, water and food. When the dogs aren't with us we have some of the most secure grocery transport around. lol

Oh I've seen those before! The side entrance is a slick idea.

Impact makes great kennels. I have a collapsible one for my malinois and it’s escape proof

Last edited:
2 intermediate Gunner’s. None others compare for insulation, accessory options or most importantly, safety. As said before, they are heavy and cumbersome to handle in/out of any truck bed, especially our Tremor height!!

Easy decision for me based on my investment cost of finished Brit Labs and miles I travel in season. That said, I completely understand why some choose a lighter option.

Gunner for sure.

Latest Discussions

Back