Does anyone know if the 12v power point in the center console powers off when the truck is shut down?

Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
Curious if that power point remains active indefinitely when the truck is shut down and locked. I ran a long usb cord out of the truck, left the truck off and didn't get close to it with the fob, and after 30 minutes it still had power. As a side note, I DO want it to power off, not looking for how to keep it going via FORScan.

Ed

Last edited:
U can set the time it stays on in ForScan can't you? In seconds.
So you can lower the time it stays on.
I assume they are all the same...the 12v and inverter?

I had one in my 13 Raptor and it stay juiced while the truck was off

I just plugged my noco jump box into mine this morning when the truck was powered down. Noco
lights lit up and showed it to be charging. FWIW, the plug on the back of the console did NOT power
it on, just the one inside the console.

I have been running my notebook computer off the inverter in the dash. It charges while the truck is running, and switches over to running off the computer battery when it is off. Don't know about the USB's.

I just plugged my noco jump box into mine this morning when the truck was powered down. Noco
lights lit up and showed it to be charging. FWIW, the plug on the back of the console did NOT power
it on, just the one inside the console.

Thanks for checking that. I am going to put a 12v USB plug and long cord in there and leave it for a few hours and keep checking to see if it ever shuts down. I have been leaving one in there for my wife's phone, and every time I open the console vault it's glowing blue.

Ed

I just went out to the truck to start the test, and the console power point was off (the truck has been sitting since last night). I guess it just has a long timer.

Ed

I just went out to the truck to start the test, and the console power point was off (the truck has been sitting since last night). I guess it just has a long timer.

Ed

From page 166 of the owners manual:

Auxiliary Power Points
Locations
Note: Timed power points remain on for 30 minutes if the vehicle is in accessory mode. If you switch the vehicle off, the timed power points remain on for 75 minutes.
Power points may be in the following locations:
  • On the instrument panel.
  • Inside the center console.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the seat bin.

From page 166 of the owners manual:

Auxiliary Power Points
Locations
Note: Timed power points remain on for 30 minutes if the vehicle is in accessory mode. If you switch the vehicle off, the timed power points remain on for 75 minutes.
Power points may be in the following locations:
  • On the instrument panel.
  • Inside the center console.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the seat bin.

Thank you! I read the manual and completely missed it!

Ed

Where is “in the seat bin”?

Back