Does anyone have the Gen-Y Executive gooseneck hitch?

mds2004

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'21 Tremor 6.7
I really need my bed space back and the slider is too heavy to be taken out and put back in repeatedly. I've 100% decided on the gooseneck type and leaning toward the Gen-Y over the Goosebox. I like the idea of not having to mess with the bag or dealing with an extra part to fix.

When looking at the schematics for both Goosebox and Gen-Y it looks like the Goosebox is 2" longer which is favorable with our short beds. I called Gen-Y and they will lengthen it up to 3" allowing it to be 1" longer than the Goosebox, but when researching further I've read that Gen-Y was the same length of the Goosebox and shortened it 2" because of people hitting their bed rail caps. It is a $300 fee/10-week wait as well for custom orders.

I plan on using it with the BW 4" Gooseneck extender to bring it away from the cab as well.

So...with all that said does anyone have the Gen-Y Executive gooseneck hitch and how do you like it? How much room do you have above the rails? Did you custom order it to have it lengthened?

Or do I just order the Goosebox that many seem happy with at a better price, although losing the extra inch and having to deal with the bag?

Thanks for hearing out my analysis paralysis.

I've heard good things about the Gen-Y but I believe the Reese Goosebox is the only one that won't void the frame warranty.

Something to keep in mind.

I have a Gen-Y Executive King Pin box and absolutely love it on my Momentum 328G. I use it in conjunction with a B&W Companion Slider hitch in the bed. While I would love a Goosebox, that does not work with my Momentum and a Short Box as the front of the Momentum Cap sticks about 1' past the King Pin and limits turning into tight places. 99% of my 5th Wheel usage is boondocking in the back country on rough logging roads and I need the extra 1' of clearance the slider provides to get into tight areas requiring 90* turning radius. Not a fan of the heavy Companion Slider taking up the bed as opposed to the simple turn over ball and goosebox but that set up simply does not work with my Momentum - a 4" offset B&W ball would still not allow me the maneuverability I require as it takes the full 12" of the slider to not contact the headache rack on my truck on extremely tight turns. The Companion Hitch does provide a much smother stable ride over a Goosebox I find. Much less sway between truck and trailer - very stable even in 60 mph cross winds. I had a goose box on my last 5th wheel and find my new set up to be much better for towing - less better for bed space and heavy hitch installation. Be careful with a 4" off set ball and Gooosebox as I believe you will have issues with the Goosebox hitting the stock tail gate.

The ride with the torsion flex Gen-Y Kingpin Box is superb! I really don't even feel the 16,800# trailer behind my Tremor even on the crappy Arizona highways and unmaintained Colorado Logging roads. I did have to do some modifications to the Kingpin box to fit into the top bolts of my Momentum and lower the Companion Slider to its lowest position to get a level ride with the height of the Tremor with the 35" tires. Rides completely level with 7.5" clearance to the truck bed rails now. Gen-Y did inform me that in order to get their Kingpin Box into the top position may require modification to the Kingpin Box on Momentum's - I believe that Grand Design 5th Wheels are the only ones with this issue and may only be the Momentum line. Gen-Y was very helpful with regards to providing this information. I modified the hitch myself to fit. Love the power of the 6.7l Powerstroke as I can pull any pass in Colorado with the fully loaded Momentum as fast as I can comfortably manage the corners with plenty of power left.

Quick overnight stop and bike ride on the way to Arizona this past spring:
20220402_080640.jpg

I have a Gen-Y Executive King Pin box and absolutely love it on my Momentum 328G. I use it in conjunction with a B&W Companion Slider hitch in the bed. While I would love a Goosebox, that does not work with my Momentum and a Short Box as the front of the Momentum Cap sticks about 1' past the King Pin and limits turning into tight places. 99% of my 5th Wheel usage is boondocking in the back country on rough logging roads and I need the extra 1' of clearance the slider provides to get into tight areas requiring 90* turning radius. Not a fan of the heavy Companion Slider taking up the bed as opposed to the simple turn over ball and goosebox but that set up simply does not work with my Momentum - a 4" offset B&W ball would still not allow me the maneuverability I require as it takes the full 12" of the slider to not contact the headache rack on my truck on extremely tight turns. The Companion Hitch does provide a much smother stable ride over a Goosebox I find. Much less sway between truck and trailer - very stable even in 60 mph cross winds. I had a goose box on my last 5th wheel and find my new set up to be much better for towing - less better for bed space and heavy hitch installation. Be careful with a 4" off set ball and Gooosebox as I believe you will have issues with the Goosebox hitting the stock tail gate.

The ride with the torsion flex Gen-Y Kingpin Box is superb! I really don't even feel the 16,800# trailer behind my Tremor even on the crappy Arizona highways and unmaintained Colorado Logging roads. I did have to do some modifications to the Kingpin box to fit into the top bolts of my Momentum and lower the Companion Slider to its lowest position to get a level ride with the height of the Tremor with the 35" tires. Rides completely level with 7.5" clearance to the truck bed rails now. Gen-Y did inform me that in order to get their Kingpin Box into the top position may require modification to the Kingpin Box on Momentum's - I believe that Grand Design 5th Wheels are the only ones with this issue and may only be the Momentum line. Gen-Y was very helpful with regards to providing this information. I modified the hitch myself to fit. Love the power of the 6.7l Powerstroke as I can pull any pass in Colorado with the fully loaded Momentum as fast as I can comfortably manage the corners with plenty of power left.

Quick overnight stop and bike ride on the way to Arizona this past spring:
Thanks for the tip. I was looking at a Momentum as well but we sold the RZR and toys so we went with the Grand Design Reflection. I'm using the BW Companion Slider right now but need the bed too often for other things.

I ended up finding a used Goose Box on Facebook Marketplace that I'm going to give a shot and see how it works for me. My neighbor has the BW 4" extension that didn't work for him that I will buy from him.

Latest Discussions

Back