Reaction Points
Military
Army/Coast Guard
Current Ride
2013 F350 CCSB 6.7 Kodiak Brown
My first fill up.

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3180.jpeg

If you haul any sort of distance then the answer is somewhere between yes and maybe, depending on how little you want to stop and deal with gas stations. If you don't haul a longer distance, then I'd say no you don't.

I don’t haul long distances, and I got the bigger tank upgrade. I love it. I don’t love road trips, so when I do them, I get in the zone and want to keep driving to get it over with. Love being able to go and only stop when I want to, not because I have to.

If you’ve ever seen the sh@t show of a Houston, TX hurricane evacuation you will want every single drop of fuel you can carry.

Not a consideration for the vast majority, I understand, but personally, I think of fuel like ammunition. It is literally not possible to have “enough”.

If you’ve ever seen the sh@t show of a Houston, TX hurricane evacuation you will want every single drop of fuel you can carry.

Not a consideration for the vast majority, I understand, but personally, I think of fuel like ammunition. It is literally not possible to have “enough”.
That’s a solid point. From a bugging out scenario the more the better. Of course Maine guide probably has less to worry about in that aspect. But more is always better!!

I'm old! When road tripping, I travel slightly dehydrated and I can outlast my fuel tank when hauling the camper and towing either my boat or SxS trailer. On my most recent trip, traveling with friends with giant motor homes, I ran the DTE down to 1 mile to go. Granted, there was still 4 gallons left, but I will be installing the 60 gallon tank soon.

Depend if you pulling, and in remote area like going to Alaska where gas station are more distant from each other, with a increase fuel capacity you buy yourself a piece of mind

The bad part of traveling in rural areas is finding a fuel station with fresh diesel, also are they actually open. The good part of rural areas is there's a side road to pull off to piss about every 30 seconds. Gives you options if you come across a sketchy looking low volume station you can skip it for something better.

Back