DiamondBack Owners

If anyone is looking for one of these I have one for sale in the classifieds. It’s a great cover, just decided to go with something else.

Attachments

• D23E54E1-DA2A-4B11-B75F-7CAC5899FAEA.jpeg
    D23E54E1-DA2A-4B11-B75F-7CAC5899FAEA.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 1FCA409D-C4B0-4F37-9FBD-E289CAD4DD11.jpeg
    1FCA409D-C4B0-4F37-9FBD-E289CAD4DD11.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 60
Ghostrider, what kind of roof rack is that?

Ghostrider, what kind of roof rack is that?
UpTop Overland. They have two variations for the SuperDuty - Alpha or Bravo. Alpha is what I have... it's beefier than the Bravo. Has two handles, two BD rock lights on each side, and it's pre-wired for a light bar- will have that completed this fall.

UpTop Overland. They have two variations for the SuperDuty - Alpha or Bravo. Alpha is what I have... it's beefier than the Bravo. Has two handles, two BD rock lights on each side, and it's pre-wired for a light bar- will have that completed this fall.
The most nicest thing, you don't even have to drill the diamondback, alpha just attaches to the existing 8 cleats. So you can take these racks on and off as needed (probably a bit more work when lights are attached). But damn, this rack is just an organic fit with DB. I’ve lined up Alpha as one of the upgrades for next year.

@Canyon Trekker

Are you able to open and lay the back section flat with the head ache rack attached? I am looking at getting the HD (smooth finish) and wanting to get one of their headache / cab protector racks, but I am concerned I will not be able to lay the back section flat.

Thanks,
ama481

To a answer your question…yes. Would order one again and I did. Had one on my 2019 F250 gasser and now have one on my 2022 Denali that I traded the 2019 in for. Great product.

@Canyon Trekker

Are you able to open and lay the back section flat with the head ache rack attached? I am looking at getting the HD (smooth finish) and wanting to get one of their headache / cab protector racks, but I am concerned I will not be able to lay the back section flat.

Thanks,
ama481
Highly recommend you call the DiamondBack team to ask that question. They are ridiculously good about answering questions and talking through your plans.

Ok, finally got my Diamondback installed. Do the hard foam/plastic strips at the rear corners stay or should they be removed? No mention of them in the docs.

It is there to stay so you can open the tail gate without the need to open the cover.

Quick question for the group.

I am looking at ordering the smooth HD cover and am interested in adding either the headache rack or the full size cab protector. My concerns are that the headache rack or the cab protector will not allow the back panel to lay flat on top of the front panel if I needed to carry something larger in the bed. Does any one have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Quick question for the group.

I am looking at ordering the smooth HD cover and am interested in adding either the headache rack or the full size cab protector. My concerns are that the headache rack or the cab protector will not allow the back panel to lay flat on top of the front panel if I needed to carry something larger in the bed. Does any one have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry I didn't see this the first time you asked, the rear folding panel is 3' wide, the center piece is 12" wide, the front piece is approximately 3' 1" wide. The headache bar I have has a foot that extends 4". So, in theory, if you fold the rear panel all the way over, it will clear the headache bar foot by 8 to 9 inches. I don't know the depth of the cab protector. As long as it is less than 12" it should not hit it. So, yes you can fold it flat as long as there are no attachments on it like the forerunner bars or tracks, like on mine. I have several pieces attached, so I don't fold mine back flat. The attachment on the headache bar foot is an antenna mount, not part of the headache bar.

Attachments

• 20220912_221817.jpg
    20220912_221817.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220912_221620.jpg
    20220912_221620.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 79
Sorry I didn't see this the first time you asked, the rear folding panel is 3' wide, the center piece is 12" wide, the front piece is approximately 3' 1" wide. The headache bar I have has a foot that extends 4". So, in theory, if you fold the rear panel all the way over, it will clear the headache bar foot by 8 to 9 inches. I don't know the depth of the cab protector. As long as it is less than 12" it should not hit it. So, yes you can fold it flat as long as there are no attachments on it like the forerunner bars or tracks, like on mine. I have several pieces attached, so I don't fold mine back flat. The attachment on the headache bar foot is an antenna mount, not part of the headache bar.
Thanks Canyon Trekker!

Thanks for the picture! I guess what I'm asking is if the back panel can actually lay flat on the front panel without hitting the cab guard? I really appreciate you taking the pictures. This is only Tremor I have seen with cab guard.
Yeah I didn’t see a lot of examples of our trucks so I figured whenever I got mine I was going to document it well for people like myself that were interested in this set up

Latest Discussions

Back