Deep Sleep Mode

My truck was in for service last week and I mentioned this to my dealer. They changed both batteries and told me they were defective. 15 min after I left the dealer I got the dreaded Ford Pass message! I bet this has cost Ford a few bucks. Hard to believe the dealers don't have a service bulletin about the "supposed fix" later this year.

They do, just easier to replace batteries and shut us up and say they are doing something vs waiting/inaction.

I've had my Tremor 3 weeks and has over 1200mi doing the deep sleep message every time the door closes. Just got done with FordPass chat and they are telling me the truck shows a deep sleep error code of SSM 51015 and the dealer should be able to reset it. I'll contact them in the morning and see what that entails. Hopefully just a couple minute plugin

I heard there is supposed to be an update in the future that wil fix this. Many trucks are plagued with this…I known mine does it too.

From other threads on this I think the update was suppose to be out this month ( October). I know you have to go to the dealer to get it done though. Good luck

I spoke to them the other day. They told me there is an update coming out soon that will fix that problem.

I don’t have the deep sleep mode issue. But I did have a FordPass connectivity issue that took two trips to the dealer, half dozen phone calls to FordPass and self diagnosis to get it fixed. Point is there seems to be a significant lack of understanding how FordPass works at the dealership level. FordPass would constantly say the dealership should know yada yada. And the dealership would give me the stunned mullet look.

Apparently the fix is finally here:

I'll have to setup something with my dealer soon.

Someone post when you get the update, and if it works. I have both deep sleep and app doesn’t work, but I assume it’s due to, it’s thinks it needs to be in deep sleep

Someone post when you get the update, and if it works. I have both deep sleep and app doesn’t work, but I assume it’s due to, it’s thinks it needs to be in deep sleep
Anyone get the update? Working?

Any one else’s truck going into deep sleep mode. FordPass tells me it’s in deep sleep mode almost every day I’m done driving it. Drive it almost daily. It’s not sitting for extended times. Truck problem or FordPass issue??
I contacted Ford Pass customer service and the first time they told that a software update was in the works for October. Touched base with them again…now it’s the first of 2023…..I’ve had my truck since September and the remote function has never worked using the app.

Anyone get the update? Working?

What’s that mean?
With the deep sleepmode. I have the same thing going on with my truck. I been back and forth to the dealer and gotten nothing. I even reached out to fordpass. And got nothing

I got the update Tuesday morning. I just picked up the truck last week and the alerts were driving me nuts.

It works great, no issues now. I can remote start in the mornings from my phone, lock, unlock, all the functionality you should normally have.

It took about an hour and a half. I didn’t drop it off, just sat and waited.

73DB42FD-0103-4EF0-93EA-E54EAE20FEF2.jpeg

I got the update Tuesday morning. I just picked up the truck last week and the alerts were driving me nuts.

It works great, no issues now. I can remote start in the mornings from my phone, lock, unlock, all the functionality you should normally have.

View attachment 103845
Thanks, now if I could just get my dealer to find that SSM.he says there isn’t one. May have to find a new dealer.

View attachment 103845
Cool thank you i wil call tomorrow and tell them to do this.

Any one else’s truck going into deep sleep mode. FordPass tells me it’s in deep sleep mode almost every day I’m done driving it. Drive it almost daily. It’s not sitting for extended times. Truck problem or FordPass issue??
Mine has been doing this as well. I spoke with FordPass and they indicated this has become a known issue. It generally requires a software update by Ford Service. The update code they gave me was ssm51140.

I took mine in last week and had the update done. The truck does not go into deep sleep now and the app functions as intended.

Attachments

• PXL_20221107_201941237.jpg
    PXL_20221107_201941237.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 107
My 2022 was doing the same I picked it up 10/15/22
Ford corporate suggested ssm51140 . Dealer finally did it and all problems solved for now

Latest Discussions

Back