Dealer Installed Winch Question

Avslash

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 KR Tremor
Howdy gents,

Just had my new 2022 KR 7.3L Tremor delivered yesterday. When I went to the dealership on Wednesday to sign the papers, I watched the shop guys working at installing the winch, and I could tell they were struggling a bit so I gave it lookover this afternoon after work.

Could one of you guys with the factory winch take a look at this picture and tell me if this looks correct to the drivers side of the fairlead? There is what appears to be a mounting boss at the bottom and their is a threaded opening with no bolt at the top. Mostly curious if the shop guys left off a piece of trim or something similar.

I can't find a detailed enough picture online to tell.

Thanks.

Inkedwinch_LI.jpg

Howdy gents,

Just had my new 2022 KR 7.3L Tremor delivered yesterday. When I went to the dealership on Wednesday to sign the papers, I watched the shop guys working at installing the winch, and I could tell they were struggling a bit so I gave it lookover this afternoon after work.

Could one of you guys with the factory winch take a look at this picture and tell me if this looks correct to the drivers side of the fairlead? There is what appears to be a mounting boss at the bottom and their is a threaded opening with no bolt at the top. Mostly curious if the shop guys left off a piece of trim or something similar.

I can't find a detailed enough picture online to tell.

Thanks.

View attachment 37375
Do you have ACC? The bracket/plate you can see is where the module is relocated and the rigs that have them have a different/longer cover that is like KH's pic. If you don't have ACC, there may have been different instructions or you can order the different cover.

Erik

Thanks guys.

My truck does not have ACC, so maybe it is correct as is. Funny, as I believe that is literally the only option not on the truck. It even has the PTO provision and stowable bed ramps.

I’m assuming the mounting boss and threaded bolt hole are for mounting the ACC module.

I will call tomorrow and see if I can get a part number for the extended trim. Just looks a little cleaner IMO, and might be a good spot to Mount a plug for an onboard battery charger.

Back